Google Glass

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm a huge dork, and there's no chance you could get me to wear those in public. They honestly are pretty hideous. Then again, I also feel the same way about bluetooth earpieces.
The only people I see wearing bluetooth earpieces anymore are black people.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I don't know why, but ~$300 tends to be the limit of what I'll spend on something that is a totally unnecessary toy/gadget. Not sure these will ever get to that price point, but if that's the case then I guess I'll never own them. I think a lot of people probably think like that, that tends to be the magic price point for video game consoles to get to before their user bases really take off on a mass-appeal level, and that's also about the max that subsidized cell phones usually cost. I'm no marketing expert, but there must be some research that points to that $300 price point as a magic number that a lot of electronics strive to stay under in order to sell to the mass market consumers, and not just be a niche/enthusiast item.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I think Google Glass is more of an experiment than an actual product. They are just trying out form factors and seeing how people use them. Google's MO is generally to provide software for other people's hardware like they are with Android Wear. I'll be surprised if Glass ever becomes an actual product.

Column_sl

shitlord
Yeah its another toy for the haves right now, not the have nots.

Joeboo, they we will care about you much later when they want it to get into the hands of the peasants.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
The only people I see wearing bluetooth earpieces anymore are black people.
I wear mine all the time, but more out of necessity. Have to have a hands free device to use on base or they light you up with a ticket and can eventually ban you from driving on base. And it is only a matter of time before Virginia passes a similar law.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You use it in your car or you walk around the office with it in all the time? In the car I understand. Walking around the office and the grocery store with it on? Nerd.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I'd love if they could correct color blindness with lenses. That would be amazing. -.-

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
I wouldn't mind paying even 1500 for them if it was bundled/well integrated with a phone, ideally even built into the unit itself. But 1500 for what is essentially just a wearable camera and display isn't worth it to me.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
You use it in your car or you walk around the office with it in all the time? In the car I understand. Walking around the office and the grocery store with it on? Nerd.
No, I take it off unless I have a call when I'm walking around, but sometimes I forget and end up leaving it in.