Google Glass

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Can we all agree that the stupidest thing is that Homeland Security is called when someone is suspected of pirating a movie?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I don't watch cams in the first place because of their shitty quality, so I can't imagine what something done with Google Glass would look like. I can't believe that thing has anywhere close to the resolution or capability of a simple video camera, can it? I mean, I know that micro-SD cards are pretty big nowadays, so maybe storage isn't as much of an issue, but the sheer processing power (or lack thereof) of the Glasses can't be anywhere near what is needed to record a movie at a decent resolution for 1.5+ house...can it?

Horyuken_sl

shitlord
Do they realize every person in a movie theater today has a camera on what ever model phone they own that is leaps and bounds beyond what google glass is even close to?

Things like this make you wonder just how clueless some people in positions of power actually are.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Can we all agree that the stupidest thing is that Homeland Security is called when someone is suspected of pirating a movie?
Agree 100%. would be like calling the FBI on someone who orders water at McDonalds but then fills their cup with Sprite. Just a ridiculous waste of time, money, and resources that could be spent on infinitely better purposes

Elerion

N00b
Do they realize every person in a movie theater today has a camera on what ever model phone they own that is leaps and bounds beyond what google glass is even close to?

Things like this make you wonder just how clueless some people in positions of power actually are.
I'm pretty sure you would be pulled out of a movie theater if you sat there filming the whole movie with your phone too.

Like I said, there's a fuckton of stupid from all parties in that story, but the "google glass has a shitty camera so it should be allowed" argument is pretty short sighted. I don't think it's the least bit strange if movie theaters ban people from wearing google glass while watching the movie.

Horyuken_sl

shitlord
I'm pretty sure you would be pulled out of a movie theater if you sat there filming the whole movie with your phone too.

Like I said, there's a fuckton of stupid from all parties in that story, but the "google glass has a shitty camera so it should be allowed" argument is pretty short sighted. I don't think it's the least bit strange if movie theaters ban people from wearing google glass while watching the movie.
Kind of pointless to debate it. I think it is far far easier to get to the movie early, find a good spot where you can prop your phone on an arm rest or on the folded up seat next to you so that the movie is in the center of view and in focus. If you try to use glass you must spend 2 hours with your head completely still, not get up to use the bathroom, and or get a drink. You solve nothing by banning them and just add another task to an already minimum wage under appreciated employee to enforce.

Salshun_sl

shitlord
Kind of pointless to debate it. I think it is far far easier to get to the movie early, find a good spot where you can prop your phone on an arm rest or on the folded up seat next to you so that the movie is in the center of view and in focus. If you try to use glass you must spend 2 hours with your head completely still, not get up to use the bathroom, and or get a drink. You solve nothing by banning them and just add another task to an already minimum wage under appreciated employee to enforce.
"Horrible movie. Random unexplained scene of main character dropping a deuce and getting popcorn refill. Made absolutely no sense, still confused."

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I'd buy a google glass for oh, maybe $300. Definitely not anywhere close to $1500.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i was gonna buy it, but then i looked at the glasses (eithe w/wo) and even with the shades and they all look horribly stupid.

Column_sl

shitlord
I know they are becoming wildly popular with young hipster parents for taking candid videos/shots of there spawns of satan

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I'm a huge dork, and there's no chance you could get me to wear those in public. They honestly are pretty hideous. Then again, I also feel the same way about bluetooth earpieces.

Soriak_sl

shitlord
The Split isn't entirely ugly... but they need some designers of real glasses to put their touch on it. I wonder if it's too heavy for rimless glasses?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I'd love one to play with, also easier to wear them in public since downtown Vegas has quite a few w/ all the tech startups and other companies moving in/hanging around.

Like joeboo, I'd need one in the $300 range. Get it down that low and takemymoney.jpg.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah, 300 bucks with more functionality and a bit nicer looking and sure, I would probably take the plunge.