GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
they keep dicking with the timeline so its hard to tell when things happen in relation to other things. the time between bran waking up after being marked and the Hotarded green dream could be as long as a day which is plenty of time for an army of fast movers who never get tired to arrive.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The NK is going to feel super dumb when he stands at the front door for the time it taked the iron borne to build 1000 ships and the entire time the cripple crew snuck out the back.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Lithose, I like your thought but I am fairly certain Greatjon Umber didn't die at the Red Wedding. Thus negating his revenge motivation. Correct me if I am wrong.

Siliconemelons

So... how many "others" white walkers are there - there where 4 at Bran and one got killed - how many where at hardholm and 1 or 2 got killed there? the one sam killed.. Why didn't the children of the forest have dragon glass arrows and just snipe the fools? Speaking of children of the forest, are they /all/ dead now? If its their magic that made the others you would think they would know how to kill them better than throwing little bombs at them.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
He is captive by the Freys in the books but he wasn't at the wedding in the show. Didn't they say he just died of old age in the show?

-edit-

@TJT

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Greatjon is captured and Smalljon is decapitated at the RW in the book.

In the show, Greatjon was sent by Robb to reclaim some territories. Smalljon announces his death when he hands over Rickon.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Might not be how the books end, but that's how the show is gonna end.
Apparently, the showrunners got 3 spoiling from Martin, Shireen's death, Hodor's origins, and the end of the series. So until then, we're in total improvisation mode, but the show will reconnect to the books at the very end of S8...

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Apparently, the showrunners got 3 spoiling from Martin, Shireen's death, Hodor's origins, and the end of the series. So until then, we're in total improvisation mode, but the show will reconnect to the books at the very end of S8...
Really? That's the only things Martin has given them throughout the rest of the of the 2.5 seasons? This could be bad if Tyrion's recent dialogue is any indication.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Who gave two fucks about Shireens death? Burning her in the show was so preposterous I cant even logically decide whether or not it was important. Davos asked about it real quick but never got a straight answer and looks like he forgot about it just like Stannis.

I never seen a guy so fiercely loyal....to multiple people in succession. Stannis dead?, welp, looks like Ill defend the lord commanders corpse with my life! If Jon dies hell swiftly become Podricks council and defend his life till the bitter end as well.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I'd imagine they got more than those. That's just all they've specifically mentioned. You realize if they tell you the other specifics they've received from Gurrm, they'd be spoiling their own show, right?

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm pretty sure they were provided the end game for certain major characters (ie, their fate), unless you are including that as "end of the series".

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'd imagine they got more than those. That's just all they've specifically mentioned. You realize if they tell you the other specifics they've received from Gurrm, they'd be spoiling their own show, right?
We were told how Dany dies and if Tyrion is an honest and fair king of Westeros or cruel

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Lithose, I like your thought but I am fairly certain Greatjon Umber didn't die at the Red Wedding. Thus negating his revenge motivation. Correct me if I am wrong.
We don't know, unfortunately. They couldn't get the actor back, so he wasn't shown at the Red Wedding. In the book he's captured at the Red Wedding, his son is killed. The show is different. I believe he wasn't shown just because the actor, I forget how or if they explained it

Greatjon is captured and Smalljon is decapitated at the RW in the book.

In the show, Greatjon was sent by Robb to reclaim some territories. Smalljon announces his death when he hands over Rickon.
Is there a scene in the show where they say this? I must have forgotten if so.

Yeah Smalljon just said he, "died on his own."
Well "He got himself Killed" right? I took that to mean he died in a battle somewhere and the son just wasn't being specific on how he died because it would probably implicate the Boltons in fucking things up (Even if he died taking back territories--it was probably affected by the Boltons revolt, since the armies of the North, which would have come to back up the Umbers, were culled a great deal at the Red Wedding.)

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sort of on board with the Umber theory. Saw some speculation that the letter from Ramsay that Jon and Sansa got is a forgery. They show the seal can just be slid off the rolled up letter instead of having to be broken, so the seal could have been taken from a different letter. Some of the wording is different too (Ramsay always says "flaying", not "skinning" and "hounds" instead of "dogs") and the general tone is coarse. Fits Umber quite well.

The messenger that arrived was wearing Bolton colors but I imagine those could easily have been obtained after the battle with Stannis.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
He's given them a general outlinebut only 3 special moments. So yea, Tyrion's dialog is entirely from them.
That isn't what the article suggests:

During the producers? sit down with the author in Santa Fe two years ago, Martin famously sketched out a very rough plan of how he intends to end his saga in the books.

Showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss tell EW those conversations included ?three holy sh? moments? in particular.
People were speculating earlier how much info they received from Martin. Being told of three crazy moments doesn't mean that they don't have a complete picture of how the series ends, it just means that out of the complete conclusion there were 3 moments that were totally unexpected. Doesn't mean they aren't privy to more information or that there aren't any other major twists or surprises left