GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Zyke

Silver Knight of the Realm
Exactly this. They pay no attention to travel times in this show.
Could also be pretty easily explained that not every story is happening simultaneously. We could be watching little finger in the vale taking place a couple weeks earlier than what's happening at the wall. It really wouldn't matter since they don't effect each other in anyway until they intersect.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Could also be pretty easily explained that not every story is happening simultaneously. We could be watching little finger in the vale taking place a couple weeks earlier than what's happening at the wall. It really wouldn't matter since they don't effect each other in anyway until they intersect.
That's every bit as poor storytelling as ignoring travel times in the first place.

Caliane

early seasons, its not so much they ignore travel times, as much as they don't make any clear representation of time passing.
it does take weeks even months to travel. but, they just never show it. Sand snakes is like the only time it really stands out, as them ignoring time.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Wait, the only concrete information you have on contracting a faceless man is what the waif told arya DURING the lying game?

There is only theories. There is zero information on how their pricing works. its Safe to assume its expensive, perhaps a life for a life, but you people need to stop talking like you sat through the power point brief at the faceless men time share convention

Rais

Trakanon Raider
The next step for arya has been foreshadowed since she went to the faceless man. Pretty easy to guess she will do something that will get her thrown out and the waif chick is told to kill her. Starks don't hang around, they either die or go to some random place and get fucked.it started with Ned and has happened to each of them. It's been too many seasons since a stark has been killed for real. It has to give this season.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wait, the only concrete information you have on contracting a faceless man is what the waif told arya DURING the lying game?
Wellllll...there's also what GRRM himself said.

The Faceless Men don't post a list of prices on their door. The way it works, you go to them and tell them who you want killed, and then they negotiate the price. The prominent the victim, the more difficult to get to, the more dangerous for the assassin and the guild, the higher the price.
My guess is that folks in Westeros don't know that the faceless men are anything more than just an assassin's guild.

vGrade

Potato del Grande
I'm sure Littlefinger rents out his teleporter. It is NP.
rrr_img_134688.jpg

iannis

Musty Nester
Isn't she on the right continent to assassinate Tyrion? I could see the Masters contracting with the Faceless Men to get rid of him.
Yeah, but the Faceless almost always take a price that subverts the contractor. They wouldn't do it to make bank, they're require that the slaves be freed or something. Just so that there is more death for the Red God.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I forgot until I watched the episode last night that the crown is in debt 10s of millions of gold to the Iron Bank. That has to be important at some point in time other than a passing-by Stannis using it to gain leverage with the Iron Bank. I now somewhat wonder if my girl Melly's visions come true and Jon sits the iron throne but cannot repay the debt. The Iron Bank, unhappy with this, hires a faceless (Arya) to assassinate the new king and install Dany. Thats really the only way I can see it making sense that a faceless is hired to kill Jon.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, but the Faceless almost always take a price that subverts the contractor. They wouldn't do it to make bank, they're require that the slaves be freed or something. Just so that there is more death for the Red God.
uh what? The red god is rhllor, lord of light, etc. It's not a reference to the many faced god, though of course to them it's all the same.

"you stole 3 deaths from the red god" = "You prevented 3 people from being burned to death by fire", and the many faced god, the god of death is owed 3 deaths to pay for it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I doubt the iron bank is happy at how dany is disrupting business on slavers bay. She isnt interested in retaking the throne in kl either. She is going to "break the wheel" which sounds like shes gonna burn shit down. Iron bank cant recoup too much income from a defunct kingdom

Neph_sl

shitlord
I doubt the iron bank is happy at how dany is disrupting business on slavers bay. She isnt interested in retaking the throne in kl either. She is going to "break the wheel" which sounds like shes gonna burn shit down. Iron bank cant recoup too much income from a defunct kingdom
She probably doesn't have to burn that much shit down other than the White Walkers who'll probably "break the wheel" for her.