GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

spronk

FPS noob
this is the real season 7 trailer. its cool that gerard butler is joining the cast, bran grew his lair long and can walk again, and jamie lannister turns into Iron Man

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
An HBO teaser would be thirty seconds of ominous music and a flying crow at this point. But yes, well made. Probably funner to watch than a real one.

Where's the ten paragraph Wooly reaction I never would have read? Won't be the same without him.

Oldbased

> Than U
Just started watching this tonight for the first time. After 5 episodes I feel this will be a most excellent week of TV.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I just watched S6 on bluray and I've been watching the marathon on HBO this week off and on and it really brought home that S6 episodes 9 (battle of the bastards) and 10 (Cersei Corleone) were the best episodes of the whole series. I really hope that they can carry that momentum into S7 and find a way to have a satisfying ending for this series whenever it does end.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Have you read the books?
No. Obviously I knew of the series and that it was good I had just put off watching it.
Once I catch up on this, I will watch all of Black Sails and Shameless which I only watched season 1 of both then off to others.
Watched all the Harry Potter movies for the first time a few weeks back.

The very cool thing HBO has done as after each episode it has interviews/making of and summary for a few minutes. It really allows it to flow extremely well for binge watching.
Hitting S2Ep4 now and I am still as interested as I was on S1Ep1. That is very good.

I watched Lost for the first time a few months back and was hooked all S1. By S2 I was sick of flashbacks and by S3/S4 I had the wat look on my face thinking how could they screw this up so bad!
On the flip side I watched Jericho for the first time after that and at the finale was sad the series was long canceled.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures

Ahh. Then yeah you waited too long. Some shows are great for binge watching but when something becomes appointment television the way GoT has you end up missing the full effect of those episodes with that napalm-in-the-morning smell that follows in their wake.

Buckle up buttercup ... and enjoy.

iannis

Musty Nester
No. Obviously I knew of the series and that it was good I had just put off watching it.
Once I catch up on this, I will watch all of Black Sails and Shameless which I only watched season 1 of both then off to others.
Watched all the Harry Potter movies for the first time a few weeks back.

The very cool thing HBO has done as after each episode it has interviews/making of and summary for a few minutes. It really allows it to flow extremely well for binge watching.
Hitting S2Ep4 now and I am still as interested as I was on S1Ep1. That is very good.

I watched Lost for the first time a few months back and was hooked all S1. By S2 I was sick of flashbacks and by S3/S4 I had the wat look on my face thinking how could they screw this up so bad!
On the flip side I watched Jericho for the first time after that and at the finale was sad the series was long canceled.

Yeah, lost was a weird one. I liked S1 alright. I stopped watching in S2. Then I came back and started watching again in the final season. They'd finally taken it to be an iteration of The Twilight Zone with high production value and I really enjoyed it for that. But the show wasn't "Lost" anymore. At all. lol. The middle of that show is just unwatchable. The bookend seasons are pretty good though. And very different shows.

Jericho I liked. But I think they had a great premise and couldn't deliver on it. I was hoping for a modern "Alas, Babylon" sort of thing.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
FYI, when a Watchers on the Wall article says the pictures below contain major spoilers, take them at their word.

Oldbased

> Than U
I've made it to S6E3 what a run. I was seriously confused about Snow until I looked it up and found out that is where I guess the books stopped and was done for that. Seemed crappy writing until I did that.
Looking forward to watching the final 7 episodes out tonight.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
hi guys! any good buzz about this upcoming season? i totally went cold turkey on this series after the season finale last year. it went so far off the rails i rage quit it.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
FYI, when a Watchers on the Wall article says the pictures below contain major spoilers, take them at their word.
which article? I went to their main page, but didn't see anything that jumped out as 'spoilerish'. I don't mind spoilers for the most part, except for 'twist' movies.

Oldbased

> Than U
Good show. Glad I got to finally see it to current.
Quite a long list of little things that bug me and make me question some things and I'm not sure the books would cover. Mostly in dealing with magic, death, potions and such and a few things in the plot such as the undead "timing" to show up some places at just the right minutes. Overall though I am pretty impressed.

Wife doesn't watch any tv series outside of "The Strain" and that is due to reading the books. I'm sure she is glad she doesn't hear that intro anymore after hearing it 60 times in a span of a few days.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Dar Dar, Diddy Dar dar

Diddy Dar dar, Diddy Dar dar

I was able to binge watch S 1 - 4 ( iirc )

As I did not have pay TV until a few years ago. Then shortly after getting it, they ran the first 4 seasons as a catch up. One per night.

Great viewing.