GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Seeing a lot of HBO go complaints but that’s how we watched it. Have a 4K Apple TV and Sony 4K and it was totally unwatchable on DirecTV.

Overall I left the episode like I left Endgame. It was okay and felt satisfactory. The show runners clearly don’t have the stomach for it that GRRM has (fat pun semi meant).

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Boots Randolph knew how this was gonna end back in 1963

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
As bad as everything was in that episode, the second worst thing (behind the major spoiler) that happened is that Sam was a blubbering little bitch. He already redeemed that portion of his character several times over. It made no sense and pissed me the fuck off.

This is spot on. Dude has Gilly and Little Sam now, and he's basically back to taking a beating with training swords.

Well aside from NK getting 360 no scoped I have to say it was a pretty epic fight scene overall. So 3 episodes left to

Cleganebowl
some stupid shit with Euron Greyjoy
Merc army fight
Cersei death
Bronn Crossbow Shenanigans
Jon & Dany marriage
kill off remaining cast

I am probably forgetting a few things, still a lot to cover in a short period of time.

I would add explaining WTF the Night King and Bran is really all about. I'm not sure there's anyway to pull off the necessary exposition.

Did Arya screw up something that was supposed to happen? I am annoyed that The Red Witch and Arya are basically a deus ex machina at the moment.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So...something else here....

My wife likes to watch with captions on. When the Night King is killed and all the undead fall....Jorah falls to the ground and simply says "I'm hurt".

Jorah Mormont, last of his house alive in the world.... his last words were "I'm hurt".

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
He could've at least said something sarcastic?

Him being emotionless and utterly unmoving in the face of death. For a moment there, the Night King was wondering WTF is going on with this guy. Of course bran was fearless, because he knew he wasn't going to die. The NK should have picked up on that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Winter is coming? More like a minor inconvenience resolved in a single episode came.

• 3Ice Burn
  • 2Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 5 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I take it they’re going to convienently ignore fact that it would be trivial to just send Arya, slayer of demi gods ,down to kill Cersei and not even need to have a battle.

She just rolls into town on Gendry's arm. He let's Cersei know he's the rightful heir and she can step aside.. then we she doesn't Arya takes ehr face and makes a proclamation handing over to Gendry, who bends the knee to Dany. Easy Peasy. Then Tormund and Jamie Eifel Tower Brienne over the throne... Camera pans back past Tyrion who then turns to face the camera and says...

The Aristocrats!

and /series

• 2Worf
  • 1Mic Drop
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Question:

Wow. How much XP did Arya get for that killing blow? All White Walkers, an Undead Dragon, and an entire Undead Army? Does that qualify as solo XP?"

• 4Like
  • 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Him being emotionless and utterly unmoving in the face of death. For a moment there, the Night King was wondering WTF is going on with this guy. Of course bran was fearless, because he knew he wasn't going to die. The NK should have picked up on that.

He gave the “Jared from Subway pedo smile” To Dany when the dragon gave him a fire massage.

• 1Like

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
Was hard to watch at first until they lit up the trenches. I thought the battle tactics were completely retarded.

They wasted cavalry in a head-on against something they couldn't see. They lost their catapults. Their infantry ranks were too deep. They bottlenecked their own retreat.

Genghis and Subodai would be laughing.

We grew up watching GI Joe, Thunder cats, and saved by the bell and ya'll motherfuckers bitching about this TV show that is on par with most block busters.

Cobra-La and the creation of Serpentor was a better plot than this.

• 7Like
  • 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
I am annoyed that The Red Witch and Arya are basically a deus ex machina at the moment.

How so? The Red Witch didn't really do anything significant to the plot. She lit up the swords at the beginning and they just got fucked anyway. She lit up the trench, but that was only because Dany couldn't see the signal. But that's an insignificant plot point. without the Red Witch, they just would've had Dany see the signal to light it up. so nothing was really altered by her being there.
She gave advice to Arya and closed off Beric's arc. Or am I forgetting something?

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this was fucking BULLSHIT
NK was impervious to dragon fire
gets ganked by dragon forged steel,
200.gif

change my mind

• 3Like
  • 3Solidarity
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 8 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Question:

Wow. How much XP did Arya get for that killing blow? All White Walkers, an Undead Dragon, and an entire Undead Army? Does that qualify as solo XP?"

She crashed the server and it rolled back five minutes, that's how much!

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
What is the AOE range on raise dead? They wiped out everything around the castle I'd say a good 4 mile diamter at least, but is it truly? How close does the Knight King have to be?

What I'm asking is did headless Ned Stark come back and bite someone before getting obliterated into nothing

• 2Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
This episode has its flaws, but at least the memes that will be made from it will be glorious.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users