GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Ok question and don't laugh, like the mid seasons when Dany is basically in Egypt and in a pyramid, is that part of the "7 kingdoms"? Or is that just a whole other part of earth that has nothing to do with the current story line?
7 kingdoms
main-qimg-5ddf0760250a2a2ced4da4d104455fc1-c

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So yeah, Dragonstone is over 400 fucking miles from King's Landing, but no big deal for Euron to be lying in wait in a perfect ambush position the moment Dany happens to fly by with her dragons.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Watch this....

from february.
Now, we were all hoping Kit would tell us everything about the final season but we hear HBO will send out a hit squad if the cast ever dared spill the secrets, so instead we asked Kit to describe the final season in one word...and that word was 'disappointing'.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I actually thought Sansa pimped out those chicks to stop a fight from brewing or just to make those miserable fucks happy.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
OK, another nit pick point.....

You know your enemy has a highly effective naval commander. You COULD march your entire force to the destination. Instead you put a lot of them on boats to go to a second place to wait and attack from there.....

NEVER 👏SPLIT👏 THE👏 PARTY👏

• 2Like

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Look who those people are around though. Tormund is pretty much leader of the Wildlings and friends with Jon. Pod is around Brienne, Jamie, and Tyrion. The Hound probably has some useful knowledge and hangs around Arya.

What I don't get, is that Pod drank when Tyrion said "You're a virgin", but wasn't there an episode where he was hanging out in the whorehouses and didn't get charged because he had the biggest cock they'd ever seen? Pods Rod or some such?

Jive Turkey

Karen
What I don't get, is that Pod drank when Tyrion said "You're a virgin", but wasn't there an episode where he was hanging out in the whorehouses and didn't get charged because he had the biggest cock they'd ever seen? Pods Rod or some such?

It was just a nervous tic. Like "don't look at me, I'm just over here drinking my wine"

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
She was ranting in the middle of a fucking siege while the goddamn floor was shaking from the repeated impact of ship mounted weapons, after learning that the Wise Masters she hadn't killed had retaken both Yunkai and Astapor and reestablished slavery in those cities. It's not like she calmly laid out a plan to torch Yunkai and Astapor for Tyrion and Varys to critique, nor is it anything like carefully positioning caches of wildfire underneath the city so you can commit one giant mass murder. So if they were really trying to foreshadow the villain turn back in Essos, they badly missed the mark.

As awesome a scene as the acquisition of the Unsullied was in the books - consider for a moment from someone else's point of view. Dany reneges on an arms deal by killing the dealers and then uses her stolen weapons to commit genocide on uninvolved civilians.

"It's ok because they were bad people" is the kind of excuse you hear from insane dictators, and doesn't really get you out of anything. Book Dany is near the Stalin end of the despot dial, heading toward Hitler.

I agree show-wise the turn toward villainy is totally unearned though.

• 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider

That's not how the drinking game works - the challenge was that Brienne is a virgin - issuing the challenge to the whole table would be a recipe for quick death by alcohol poisoning ;p

• 1Like

Jive Turkey

Karen
Watch this....

Her "last season ever" was a call back to her saying it 10 times previously so she could avoid having to give away anything about what happens to her character. You guys should work for a cable news network with the way you're selectively sharing interview clips

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Dany reneges on an arms deal by killing the dealers and then uses her stolen weapons to commit genocide on uninvolved civilians.

Uninvolved civilians. lol.

They begin their training at five years old, when their genitals are fully removed. They are also given a puppy to look after, and at the end of the first year they must strangle the puppy to death. If they refuse, they are killed. Only one in three survives the training regime (not one in four, as said in the TV series). They are given a beverage called the "wine of courage", which over years numbs their body's ability to feel pain. Upon being given the spiked cap which is the symbol of their rank, they must go to the slave market, kill an infant slave before its mother and pay the slave owner for his loss.

I find it hard to call any wealthy person in Astapor an 'uninvolved civilian', but book Dany is also like what, 13 or 14 at that point? And even if she was channeling some Joffrey in the books, as you pointed out they made the sack of Astapor VERY different in the show and she is unquestionably the good guy when she unleashes the unsullied against the city.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
She ceased being a hero the moment she set foot in Westeros to bring war to the 7 kingdoms all to claim her crown, with thousands of casualties to follow. She is a conqueror, not a savior at that point. This is not including all the death behind her.

She kills and burns to get what she wants, and what she wants more than anything is that throne. She has sacrificed the lives of her friends, followers, innocents, enemies, and even one (first loss being different cause) of her beloved dragons in pursuit of that goal. There is absolutely nothing in her character in the show or books to demonstrate that she wouldn't murder every single fucking person around her to claim and keep that throne. She's just going to stand aside after all she's been through? Yeah, no. In the game of thrones, you win or die.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
dany is absolutely the good guy in her mind. and the scenes with her had generally been done from her point of view, or at least from the point of view from the people who benefitted from what she was doing. that in no way makes her any less culpable. ANYTIME there's an issue with dany, her response is scorched earth. the people around her beg for restraint and sometimes she acquiesces, sometimes she doesn't, but she always looks annoyed about it.

Jive Turkey

Karen
She even refers to Jon's claim to the throne as "taking what's mine" or something along those lines. She doesn't even care if she's the rightful heir to the throne anymore

• 4Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
oh no, not the "bad" and "good" argument again. i got so much shit for getting involved in it. good luck with your endeavors.

Cybsled

He wasn't drinking as part of the game at that part. He was drinking because he knew that was the wrong question to ask and it wasn't going to end well.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity