GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Chris

Potato del Grande
Why didn't the Iron Fleet prevent their troops from landing on the beach?

Why was the beach not fortified?
Lol like Tyrion did for the Battle of the Blackwater and a naval battle was a big part of it?

Book Cersei is really incompetent and had mostly yes men around her, half of which she was sleeping with. Anyone decent she sees as a threat to her and gets rid of them. So she didn't do any tactics because she is a shit ruler.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Omg! spoilers in the GoT thread! Well now you have gone and ruined it!

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Thanks for MY show :honkler: , Libs

You did an amazing job working your hardest and I'm sorry u don't get the feminist empowerment Disney ending

Real woman, real power, real emotions stirred up, real results

God, I hope they put her head on a tball bat stand for Snow/Arya.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Lol like Tyrion did for the Battle of the Blackwater and a naval battle was a big part of it?

Book Cersei is really incompetent and had mostly yes men around her, half of which she was sleeping with. Anyone decent she sees as a threat to her and gets rid of them. So she didn't do any tactics because she is a shit ruler.

I think it comes down to having a major fleet located in the harbor. You don't waste ground forces reinforcing an area you have overwhelming naval advantage.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I think it comes down to having a major fleet located in the harbor. You don't waste ground forces reinforcing an area you have overwhelming naval advantage.

That's right, having them stand outside your fortifications so they get crushed against the walls with no route of retreat on top of abandoning defensive advantages is a much more efficient use.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I thought this episode was a ton better than the last 2.

They had to make Daeny the villain in short order, this did that. I was bummed on the Cersei death. I was hoping a standoff where Drogon and Daeny are towering above her& Jaime and she scorches them while Jaime launches a bolt into Drogon. I was waiting for the ballista reveal in the cellar.

Some good moments, cleganbowl is about as expected, too much focus on arya though. Subverting expectations I assume... make everyone think she's going for Daeny while Jon snipes the kill.

Now to see if the writers have the balls to make Tyrion immune to fire, proving he's also a Targ.

Then he (fire) and Sansa (ice) can take the throne while Jon is reclaimed by the god after killing Daeny.

Then Bran's eyes turn blue, cut to credits

I agree, and it's hilarious that i'd say this is probably one of the best episodes post books. I think of this episode like an severely autistic runner that just won gold in the special Olympics.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Was anyone under the impression Cleganebowl was going to decide the war? It was always going to be fan service but it was one we all wanted. Think you're mostly on your own if you were expecting it to end any other way as far as that little drama went.

Pretty sure there's a nice middle ground between most important plot line ever and no bearing on the plot at all. In all of 2 seconds of thinking about it you could have had him cutting a path towards Jon or Arya but the Hound saves the day. Oh well.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
D8F88FF1-4472-451B-8156-5E85DAD79693.jpeg

• 6Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 8 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I look forward to a boring final episode next that resolves zero questions people want answers to most

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Pretty sure there's a nice middle ground between most important plot line ever and no bearing on the plot at all. In all of 2 seconds of thinking about it you could have had him cutting a path towards Jon or Arya but the Hound saves the day. Oh well.

Guess I always assumed killing the Mountain was going to be Hound's end. Had a lot of theories out there that Brienne or someone would help him kill Mountain but he would die in the doing. I have a feeling if it went down your way it would be all about the "convenient timing of the Hound appearing just then". They fought, got a nice Qyburn kill to start it, and the ending was satisfying.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
I thought this episode was fine. Dany's transition was rushed, but makes perfect sense. She's lost everything.

That said, it was poetic, Cercei made the same mistake her dumb son did when he killed Ned. Killing Missendei posed no strategic advantage.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
This season has been lazy and utter garbage writing, it's like they decided to just discard 7 previous seasons turning all the characters upside down. But hey I guess that's what happens when you decide to rush wrap everything up in 4 episodes. Maybe the books will do a better job finishing the story, but that fat fuck doesn't seem to want to bother.

Burns

That's right, having them stand outside your fortifications so they get crushed against the walls with no route of retreat on top of abandoning defensive advantages is a much more efficient use.

As per GRRM, the inspiration for most of the show is based on real world European (mostly English) events, with a little fantasy sprinkled on top. Furthermore, there are only so many ways a combined army, as those depicted in the show, can be used, and history gives a plethora of examples for the writers to pull from. After the Battle of Winterfell, it's painfully obvious that they couldn't be bothered to throw a historian a few thousand dollars (out of their millions) to give them any semblance of tactics a real commander would deploy.

I find it funny, that they accidentally came close to "historical accuracy" when they decide to sack the city during the siege, as traditionally, the spoils of war were one of the few ways for the lowest class of people to advance in societies that had little upward mobility.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I love how we all thought Dany would exploit the scorpion fatal flaw, the ability to aim high as she used the sun to dive in and take them out. Bad enough writing there but nope. She used the sun to do a flyby then just jammed the scorpion radar tracking while flying through the fields of fire and removing them one by one with only one ever coming close to her.
i thought the scorpioner's "forgot" they could kill dragons?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
623CCAC9-C663-4CCD-BAE3-17AE9585BBBB.jpeg

All joking aside, one thing that’s been nagging me until this last episode:

Grey Worm was chosen as the commander of the Unsullied by the other members? I had always assumed it was because he must have been the most skilled fighter since he’s not particularly large and in theory not as physically powerful. But we haven’t really seen what he can do.

Can anyone correct me on this if I’m wrong?

It was nice to see some of the focus on his fighting and I’m hoping Jon has to go through him in the final episode.