GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
View attachment 207477

All joking aside, one thing that’s been nagging me until this last episode:

Grey Worm was chosen as the commander of the Unsullied by the other members? I had always assumed it was because he must have been the most skilled fighter since he’s not particularly large and in theory not as physically powerful. But we haven’t really seen what he can do.

Can anyone correct me on this if I’m wrong?

It was nice to see some of the focus on his fighting and I’m hoping Jon has to go through him in the final episode.
yea way back he was elected by the other unsullied and danny was like "your name is grey worm?" he's like "yea i keep my old nasty name"

reason never given why they chose him, we just assume.

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Can someone give me a tldr on why this show is pissing off the progressives at the moment. I have not watched any of it yet because the fat fuck decided to work on this instead of finishing the books so all this new buthurt over the show is wasted on me.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Can someone give me a tldr on why this show is pissing off the progressives at the moment. I have not watched any of it yet because the fat fuck decided to work on this instead of finishing the books so all this new buthurt over the show is wasted on me.

Girl power character turned into a bad guy

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Their beloved woman protagonists are terrible characters and the realm will be saved by a white guy or guys now, or something.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Much obliged. So in 2019 women are not allowed to be bad guys in movies/TV any more. Interdasting!

• 4Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
To be honest, if you weren't paying attention, the writers kind of catfished the progressive left about equality and girl power, then when they had them eating out of the palm of their hand, they just... squeezed the shit out of them and threw their food away

Burns

3kzwm2z660y21.jpg

Euron died the way he lived.
Magically transported to a hugely improbable location just for the sake of causing strife for a plot-relevant character.

• 10Worf
  • 8Like
Reactions: 17 users

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
- turned I guess a "good" female heroin into a power crazed bitch who went insane cuz she couldn't get what she want peacefully.

- sacrificed Dothraki into nothing but plot device and killed bunch of them

-white dudes comes to rescue.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
lol my literal thought when I saw the horse staring at her was I bet it was a scene with the wolf in the incomplete book, but they spooged the rest of the CGI budget, and figured no one would really notice. Bonus: Gives a flimsy excuse why Arya is back in Winterfel after what seems like days or some such thing.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
lol my literal thought when I saw the horse staring at her was I bet it was a scene with the wolf in the incomplete book, but they spooged the rest of the CGI budget, and figured no one would really notice. Bonus: Gives a flimsy excuse why Arya is back in Winterfel after what seems like days or some such thing.

I just don't get why they didn't simply show her walking out of the city. Insanity.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
like everyone said, in this show women when given any kind of power, they kinda screw it up with hubris.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
also, i need to talk with the engineers of king's landing. houses being destroyed by a gout of flame is... well, somewhat believable, but stone? like, stones EXPLODE when they get hit by fire? i mean i know dragonfire is supposed to be like, magical or something but it was hitting with the force of a tactical nuke.

If rocks have any internal moisture, they will explode if they're heated quickly. Sometimes people learn this sitting around campfires. I learned it by heating a piece of steel with an acetylene torch that was laying on a concrete floor. I don't know how plausible it would be that castle walls would have moisture trapped inside the stone, but rocks shattering or even exploding when suddenly exposed to extreme heat isn't impossible.

I really thought the ballistas being ineffective made sense as well. When they got the dragon last week it was just cruising along, having no idea that anything was happening and suddenly got caught in a hail of bolts. This time they knew exactly where they were and that after they fired they were completely vulnerable for a couple of minutes while they reload. Approach on a trajectory that will make it hard to hit a moving target, let them waste their first bolt, burn them down. They worked last week because it was a surprise attack.

Dany being a wise and benevolent queen who would easily win the throne was telegraphed the entire series so they had to expect a twist. GoT isn't a children's story where the good guy wins in the end. There are no completely good or completely evil characters, just like in real life.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Dany being a wise and benevolent queen who would easily win the throne was telegraphed the entire series so they had to expect a twist. GoT isn't a children's story where the good guy wins in the end. There are no completely good or completely evil characters, just like in real life.
She was never wise. She was constantly making bad decisions and then finding her way out of them via some combination of ruthlessness and being made of magic.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
She was never wise. She was constantly making bad decisions and then finding her way out of them via some combination of ruthlessness and being made of magic.
Yeah mist is right here. Danny was a bitch from get go and some people here made some good criticism of her about that. There is literally zero decision that she makes which leads to positive outcome. Danny has some of the best plot armour in the series like...I dunno...dragons...
Danny wins with magic 100% of the time.

I dunno where this myth of Dany being a good queen comes from. She is a terrible ruler.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I think the show is actually staying pretty true to the characters, it's just that the plot sequencing leaves little room for surprises or interesting plot. They're doing a very fast color-by-numbers job at this point, and rushing characters to the end of their arcs, which aren't really arcs at all, since almost no one really changed through the entire series, except Tyrion who just somehow got dumber over 8 seasons.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I enjoyed the episode, because I feel it portrayed what happens when you "wake the dragon" pretty well, especially when that person actually has a dragon. Cersei/Jamie's deaths were... well, they are what they are. Not great, and basically everyone was expecting some grand execution or Jamie dagger work or something. So eh, that was pretty lame overall. I liked Cleganebowl, though the horse scene did make my eyes roll a bit.

Certainly better than the last two episodes, but a lot of that comes from the cinematography vs. the storytelling. I'm kind of interested in what happens next episode simply because I've already read the spoilers and I'm curious how much it adheres to them. Glad it's going to be over; it's been pretty clear that the showrunners wanted to go out on a spectacle and were just fast-forwarding to that as much as possible. Especially when the written work ran out.

Still, I don't regret spending time watching it/this season, even if it is a bit of a letdown in how things get tied up so neatly in most cases. One more left! Then the multi-year wait while George writes 70% of the book, kicks it, and Sanderson has to finish it and nobody cares anymore.