GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
Remember the scene with Gray Worm and Danny by the fireplace, where she gives him the only possession Missandrey had, her slave collar, and he throws it into the fire ?
Danny has already decided at that point that she will burn everything, and Gray Worm was agreeing with her.

And I resonate with Danny. Imagine you are in her shoes, you sacrifice your goal in order to protect the realm, you sacrifice half of your people, you lose one child in the battle versus undead, the people you sacrificed so much to protect don't show up for the big fight, they kill another child of yours and your best friend. And you don't burn those ungrateful fucks ?

Pff, mass killings were motivated by far less in real life history.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
That's pretty much Neds arc, he is so morally rigid he gets everyone killed because he can't do what needs to be done.

Ned will go down as one of the greatest failures of the realm.
Not just him. Robb Stark for reneging on his pledge and putting pussy before his duty and job and alienating the Freys, then Catelyn Stark for putting emotions before the cause by releasing Jamie, costing them half their army and forcing them to go to the Freys who theyve pissed off, and now Jon combining both Ned and Robb into one stupid feckless package. Lordy.

Edit- Fixed my brainfart. Thanks Gavin. :)

Last edited:

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Holy fucking shit this episode was absolutely amazing, insane, and just fucking awesome. I can't believe half the shit I just saw. I was cheering half the episodes. Dany sure is a cunt. The first person account of what Dany did to the city from Arya's point of view was absolutely heart breaking, terrifying, and brilliantly done.

Honestly, this one episode makes up for the last couple of seasons being shit. It beats the LOTR battle scenes, etc. This was truly amazing.
That is actually something that was repeated over and over here as well. The technical execution of the episode was absolutely fantastic. It's just the internal consistency and the actions of each main character that ruined it.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
TLDW is up

TESTbYL[1].jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I'm just thinking of all the GoT fans, parents, who named their little baby girl Khaleesi.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
So was Bran referring to the Night King when her said he was waiting for and "old friend"? Nothing Jaime did really mattered at all this season so don't see why Bran would give a shit about him.

Bronn's appearances this season are also looking like a complete waste of time

Last edited:
  • 4Like

iannis

Musty Nester
I think he was talking about Jaime. It was inconsequential. Just a good sounding line that made people go "OH, I SAW THAT SEASON! I KNOW THAT REFERENCE!!!!"

Because really, Bran wouldn't give a shit if he's super stoner man now. He's seen plenty of little boys get pushed out of windows if he can see the entirety of history.

We left complexity and meaning behind somewhere around season 3 I think.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
How would THAT dude, specifically, know about GRRM's writing progress?

Doesn't name Barristan Selmy's actor as the source of this specific "books are finished" rumor (which he is), all the same-- GRRM pretty much took a shit on him last week.

lol, hope? or more larp?
The series finale is the only episode left for Game of Thrones following Season 8 Episode 5, "The Bells." The ending of the epic tale has drawn ire from many fans, but there might soon be another version for them to devour instead. According to one Game of Thrones actor, the conclusion of George R.R. Martin's epic fantasy series "A Song of Ice and Fire," on which Game of Thrones is based, is already written.
As flagged on Reddit, Barristan Selmy actor Ian McElhinney made a claim during a panel in April at Epic Con in St. Petersburg, Russia, that will have book fans screaming: Supposedly, Martin has finished the last two books of the series, "The Winds of Winter" and "A Dream of Spring." He just hasn't published them yet.
"I don't know if you know more than me about this, but what I've been told is that George has already written books six and seven," McElhinney said. "And as far as he's concerned, there only are seven books. But he struck an agreement with David [Benioff] and Dan [Weiss], the showrunners of the series, that he would not publish the final two books until the series has completed. So all goes well, in another month or two, we might get books six and seven, and I'm intrigued to know how Barristan, for instance, ends up going through those final two books."

Don't believe everything you read on the internet-- especially that shit that comes out of some senile douches mouth.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm just thinking of all the GoT fans, parents, who named their little baby girl Khaleesi.
My retarded ass sister thank God did not name her kid Khaleesi but she's a dumbass anyways and got a Khaleesi tattoo.

See, a Walter white tattoo would make you look like.a badass. A Khaleesi tattoo makes you look like a downs fuck

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Doesn't name Barristan Selmy's actor as the source of this specific "books are finished" rumor (which he is), all the same-- GRRM pretty much took a shit on him last week.

View attachment 207547

Don't believe everything you read on the internet-- especially that shit that comes out of some senile douches mouth.

so, that bloated fuck has not written anything for 8 years? He doesn't really give a shit. Last book was released when GoT started. So yeah, he's been coasting. I hope he dies of a massive heart attack while jerking off to D&D's commentary track

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
My retarded ass sister thank God did not name her kid Khaleesi but she's a dumbass anyways and got a Khaleesi tattoo.

See, a Walter white tattoo would make you look like.a badass. A Khaleesi tattoo makes you look like a downs fuck

a walter white tattoo would advertise to the world that your IQ is in double digits. That goes for any tattoo based on a movie/tv show

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone that named their kid Khaleesi should have spent a few minutes reading up on her on the various wiki sites. It's not like this mean streak came out of nowhere, it's been there since book 1. She's not blonde Jesus and never has been.

Jive Turkey

Karen
she could try the dive bomb maneuver directly on the Red Keep or something.

The whole reason she was able to destroy the scorpions was because she DIDN'T do a dive bomb maneuver. The scorpions were situated on a wall and assumed the dragon would be flying overhead. She intentionally flew the dragon low, touching the sea, so they'd have a hard time angling the scorpions down at the right trajectory. It was the entire point

Jive Turkey

Karen
All the more reason.

BTW What was the point of the scene with Varys and the kid?
Good catch. I took the scene to just be the kid spying, but Varys trying to kill her would have fit him being executed much more than him just talking about Jon being a better leader. I feel like something got lost in editing, or poor writing struck again.
She worked in the kitchen. She kept saying that Dany wouldn't eat. Varys said they'd try again that night. The girl was worried about the soldiers watching her. Vary's tells her with greatest risk comes the greatest rewards. Varys was obviously trying to poison Daenerys. The writers just didn't hold everyone's hand through the scene and have Varys yell "OH GURL, WE GOTS TO POISON THAT BITCH"

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 2 users