GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah the Lords of Westeros giving a fuck about what the unsullied wanted was dumb as shit. Jon could just fucking walk back to Winterfell or whatever if he wanted and they wouldn't know shit.

Uh they have an army? Lots of things don't make sense in this episode, but giving a shit what the highly trained hostile army wants isn't one of them.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Uh they have an army? Lots of things don't make sense in this episode, but giving a shit what the highly trained hostile army wants isn't one of them.

The army that fucked off to some island anyway? I mean sure at that point they had to do something about Jon, but afterwards?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I liked the ending. Sue me.

I named my dog nymeria after reading about the wolf in book 1 so I was happy she was one of the two surviving wolves.

• 5Like
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
So After Sansa declared independence, the Iron Islands, which now hate the starks for killing Dany and had literally started a war not more than 20 years before for independence just shuts the fuck up?

Dorne, which still calls its lords princes in recognition of its ability to resist Targ rule outside of marriage alliances....Just shuts the fuck up?

LOL, none of this makes sense.

Last edited:
  • 11Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 12 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Welllllp.

Watched the first five of S8 yesterday and today (for the first time) and just finished ep 6.

Can't say I'm thrilled with the conclusion but overall satisfied that it's over.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Same as above. Was the Night King even a threat if not for Bran? He would've been stuck behind the wall forever. Bran essentially unleashed him to menace the world...because he knew at the end he'd get to be king.
notice how Bran slyly says, "ahh yeah, i know how to "contact" Drogon." little fucker had this planned all along. he, Sansa, Tyrion and Arya played everyone.
Bran: hey guys, i have an idea, let me be King, and uh uh uh, Sansa you can be Queen in the North. Tyrion you can be my Hand and all you gotta do is manipulate Jon to kill Dany and when i'm King i can pardon both of you and send those dickless wonders and goatfuckers out to sea? hey i read the rough draft of A Tale of Ice and Fire. so i know how all this shit is going to end. but you have to play along and make it seem like this is all a surprise to you. got it?"

complete fuckery. they padded all the runtime with Brienne writing in a book, no dialogue, the winners of GoT doing what they love, No dialogue and Bran gets Amazon Prime for his new fucking wheelchair next day free shipping. goddamn it was incredible.
giphy.gif

• 2Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
This episode was shot "well"... kinda... very long dramatic shots to evoke emotion, blah blah.. I liked maybe the last 5minutes, especially when Jon was with Ghost again.. but damn..

All I could think was "this is the best ending they could come up with after writing themselves into a corner".
After Ep5, this was a "decent" ending... HOWEVER, so much OTHER stuff should have happened in 1-5 so that we didn't need to end it like this.

So much potential thrown out the window, this ending wasn't satisfying at all knowing we will never see Bran use his 3 Eyed Raven Powers for anything worthwhile, the NK was just a miniboss, Jon didn't get any sort of good sendoff, I would have preferred if the Lord of Light took him after killing Daeny, or "SOMETHING". What was the point of Varys' letters even?

The North is finally free is about the only decent conclusion... I guess. Who really gives a shit?

Maybe the spinoffs will actually have writers that are competent since they'll be going at it with 0 source material from the start, these 2 buttheads couldnt write themselves out of a paper bag.

All I kept thinking while watching the ending was "man...If we had great writing bringing us here, this would have been great". Absent Bran the Broken, everything in that ending would have been amazing if the road there made sense. The visuals, the nostalgia, the epilogue for the characters--all appealing. The only problem is a lot of it didn't make sense because the characters stopped feeling like they were real and became plot pieces 2 seasons ago.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I liked the ending. Sue me.

I named my dog nymeria after reading about the wolf in book 1 so I was happy she was one of the two surviving wolves.
better than Ghost, apparently the battle in the north was months ago, but Ghost is STILL a fucking bloody mess

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Also after the fight with the White Walkers I thought most of the Dothraki where dead same with the unsullied, how did they restock like 10x more than they have had previously after kings landing was burned?
if you ever played Call Of Duty, you how they got restocked. same fucking nazi running out of an empty room every 10 seconds
He didn't saw how many weeks though. It could have been 10, maybe 20 or more!
actually Tyrion literally says its been 2 weeks.

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
Still, despite an ending that wasn't fulfilling in anyway, I would play a MMO based on this series in a heartbeat.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
So After Sansa declared independence, the Iron Islands, which now hate the starks for killing Dany and had literally started a war not more than 20 years before for independence just shuts the fuck up?

Dorne, which still calls its lords prince's in recognition of its ability to resist Targ rule outside of marriage alliances....Just shuts the fuck up?

LOL, none of this makes sense.

Yeah, the "wheel" certainly isn't broken. Half these kingdoms should be at war in the near future. The whole council scene felt very Time is a Flat Circle-esque...

When Jon was beyond the wall I half expected a White Walker to step in front of the camera > fade to credits.

• 4Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
My expectations were subverted. This episode was a much less smelly piece of shit than I expected. And that’s the best I can say. Good riddance.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah the Lords of Westeros giving a fuck about what the unsullied wanted was dumb as shit. Jon could just fucking walk back to Winterfell or whatever if he wanted and they wouldn't know shit.
it was a hollow oath, there was no NightWatch, just a few dudes in fur coats. when the gates opened, it was Tormund looking down at him and Jon gets to play in the snow with him and Ghost. beyond the wall there is no rule so he can become the new king beyond the wall if he so wishes. he can have as many fucking kids as he wants. he can come back to winterfell he can do whatever. his buds run everything. it was all very pointless.

• 2Like

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
Also after the fight with the White Walkers I thought most of the Dothraki where dead same with the unsullied, how did they restock like 10x more than they have had previously after kings landing was burned?
Well that speech scene was only showing about 1k unsullied and 300 or so dothraki.

Cybsled

Where did the Dothraki go, though? I imagine they would give a fuck about Narth. They probably just want to go back to Esso so they can rape and pillage again.

I was hoping they would show Drogon in the ruins of Valarya, with Dany's skeletal remains in a nest full of dragon eggs.

• 2Like

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Strange how a witchy woman lit the Dothraki's swords, and then they rode out, alone, in pitch black, while they can be seen for hundreds of feet because of their witchy woman, and got summarily slaughtered. It was an interesting scene I'll give them that, but 'laws yes was it ever retarded. But then, suddenly they have thousands left over when the story calls for keeping Jon off the throne. Apparently they all rode out and feigned death. Makes sense right, they're not really wearing much armor so they were all monk class.

• 4Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Based on what he said after Long Night, they were down to half their strength, which was 4,000 men. I'm sure they lost a couple more at KL although likely not many. While they are Unsullied, the entirety of Westeros should have more than enough to take care of that shit.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
if we were being realistic, this is how this scene would have gone.

tyrion: i nominate Bran to be king!

Everyone else: no.

Bran: but... but why do you think i came all th-

Everyone: We said no.

i can't think of a SINGLE reason why any of those people would give a vote for bran.

also, Sam suggest democracy and everyone laughs at him for being stupid.

then tyrion suggest a democracy where only the lords of westeros can vote and everyone thinks he's a genius.

• 6Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users