GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Jon left his post after he was killed and rezzed by the Red witch. his duties ended at death so he decided that his watch was now ended.
He was also King and could leave when ever he wanted and pardon anyone or disolve the nights watch. Not sure what is hard to understand here.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So he gets to be free of nights watch, then be named gran master without finishing training? Don’t Maesters give up lordship like the watch?

Yeah just like Pod will never father children as a member of Bran's Kingsguard with all the pussy he will be slaying.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
He was also King and could leave when ever he wanted and pardon anyone or disolve the nights watch. Not sure what is hard to understand here.
Jon deserted that post as well. why are you trying to prove how shit Jon was?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
He can't desert when he is the absolute authority.
you tell Jon that, he failed at everything, he was almost as shit as Sam who abandoned his oath and stole his father's sword and then posed as an imposter Lord of his own realm.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Gonna have to agree with Chuk here.
31kpsi.jpg

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
The last 2 seasons were so fucking bad, it kinda ruined the whole thing for me. I mostly blame GRRM for never finishing any of the books, which would've obviously given way better source material for D&D to draw from.

If someone has already mentioned this, I apologize, but to me a better ending would've been:
Jon kills Dany, he is taken prisoner. The council meets to select a new king or queen (not fucking Bran), and the Starks and other noble lords demand Jon be released. The Unsullied and Dothraki refuse to release him, saying he must pay for killing their queen. The other noble lords swear there will be war if he is not released. The Unsullied and Dothraki say, "bring it on, we're not letting him go." Tyrion speaks with Jon, tells him the situation, Jon agrees to be executed to prevent any more bloodshed, gives his family a final farewell, and tells them they must not retaliate in any way, and that this will finally put an end to the bloodshed. Jon sacrifices himself, essentially becoming the Christ figure of the story, and does his duty to keep the peace, and pay for his crime of killing his queen.

Is it perfect? No, but it's a fuck ton better than the giant pile of shit they dropped on our Sunday evening plate.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Season 7 didn't bother me till my second watch through, even then it didn't come close to how bad season 8 turned out. The horse drawing meme of how the seasons progressed got super real there at the end, it's like D&D didn't even know what Game of Thrones was prior to season 6.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
He can't desert when he is the absolute authority.

Nights Watch is a position overseen by the person who sits on the Iron Throne, not the King of the North. So no, he didn't have absolute authority.

Also you serve until you die. He died, his watch was done so he left.

Stop making me defend Astro.

(<3 u Chuk)

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
North loses versus the Army of the Dead, not many get out, Cersei is a gigantic cunt to the few survivors, overconfident even when the Army of the Dead is claiming more and more territory and when she gives the final idiotic commands that would doom humanity Jaime stabs her dead. We then have a final, insane, last ditch fight for King's Landing versus literally everything that the Seven Kingdoms have left. Highlights include -

1. Alchemist Guild brings to bear more Wildfire than any sane person would let them have
2. Lady Melisandra resurrects Visarion and dies in the process
3. Jon is 100% fucked and calls in an artillery strike on his own position. He survives because he does burn.
4. Nimeria and the massive pack she leads turn a key flank
5. Hundreds of undead giants and mammoths
6. The dragons are super effective but the ranks of the undead are so massive they become exhausted torching them. They need rest and fresh meat which are both in short supply. People offer themselves as blood sacrifices to them so others may live.
7. The battle goes on for days. People that die in the night due to the cold, hunger or suicide rise as undead. Paranoia grows.
8. The Night King turns Sir Strong. He and the Hound fight.

In the end the moral of the story is that nearly everyone everywhere died because people couldn't stop playing games (of thrones) and only do the right thing (come together) once all alternatives have been exhausted.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Nights Watch is a position overseen by the person who sits on the Iron Throne, not the King of the North. So no, he didn't have absolute authority.

(<3 u Chuk)

There's nothing that directly ties the Nights Watch to the kingdoms. At best, they're considered under their control due to being located within the kingdoms, which is no longer the case with the north succeeding.

The relationship between the two was a mutual agreement. They were allowed to govern themselves and receive "volunteers" in return for keeping the wildlings at bay and staying the fuck out of politics.

The truth of the argument is that the only people that would be able to enforce their oaths are the survivors of the watch... themselves.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

(<3 u Chuk)
wasn't the first eps, Ned has to execute a nights watchman w/ Ice cuz he ran away?

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
The Nights Watch is their own entity with their own land, laws, ect. They predate the Kingdom of the North and the entire Andal Invasion and were created by Azor Ahai with help from the Children of the Forest during the first The Other invasion. At one point they had their own navy and actual settlements and the land between The Wall and The Gift is theirs, although Winterfell has historically helped to protect The Gift from Wildling raids.

Ned executes Nights Watch traitors for violating their oath to the watch, which carries the punishment of death.
Edit: He does this because they made it to his lands and thus what now happens to them is determined by the Lord of the North. He could have let them run free if he wanted but that's not something Honorable Ned would do. The Nights Watch has no authority outside of their lands and the 7 Kingdoms have no authority in theirs.

Last edited:
  • 2Like