GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
North loses versus the Army of the Dead, not many get out, Cersei is a gigantic cunt to the few survivors, overconfident even when the Army of the Dead is claiming more and more territory and when she gives the final idiotic commands that would doom humanity Jaime stabs her dead. We then have a final, insane, last ditch fight for King's Landing versus literally everything that the Seven Kingdoms have left. Highlights include -

1. Alchemist Guild brings to bear more Wildfire than any sane person would let them have
2. Lady Melisandra resurrects Visarion and dies in the process
3. Jon is 100% fucked and calls in an artillery strike on his own position. He survives because he does burn.
4. Nimeria and the massive pack she leads turn a key flank
5. Hundreds of undead giants and mammoths
6. The dragons are super effective but the ranks of the undead are so massive they become exhausted torching them. They need rest and fresh meat which are both in short supply. People offer themselves as blood sacrifices to them so others may live.
7. The battle goes on for days. People that die in the night due to the cold, hunger or suicide rise as undead. Paranoia grows.
8. The Night King turns Sir Strong. He and the Hound fight.

In the end the moral of the story is that nearly everyone everywhere died because people couldn't stop playing games (of thrones) and only do the right thing (come together) once all alternatives have been exhausted.

This is good stuff. but lets add:

1. Lady Melisandre resurrects Visarion but the ceremony requires the burning alive of several high borns (and she dies under the strain of the magic, her magic necklace shattering and she rapidly turns into a old hag and dies as Visarion rises up and roars)

2. Nimeria w/the pack attack but there are children of the forest riding them in a charge attack.

3. The wight walkers show up to this battle and actually fight, on the backs of giant snow spiders (oh we can have wolf vs spider action)

4. Qyburn empties his dungeons of abominations and commands them to attack, but the Night King takes them over, killing Qyburn in a mental duel in the process.

We need something with the drowned god though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Amir

Vyemm Raider
Happy Ending version
20190522_010648.jpg

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
oh, my sweet summer child.
maxresdefault.jpg

Don't be such an obtuse dipshit. Ned was executing a fugitive on his lands that admitted to running away in violation of the watch at a time when the watch was actually a thing.

Sam and "wait, there are still brothers left?" rando nights watch guys are the only surviving members of the watch. Do you think they're going to ask that they be killed because they themselves broke the oath to an organization that doesn't even exist anymore? Sam volunteered for the watch. He broke no laws, and pretty much became the defacto Lord Commander when Delorous Edd died, and would have been completely free to disband the watch because they self govern. And even if he didn't go to the effort of disbanding the watch, he would be the one determining whether they were abandoning their post or not...

"Hey you, aren't you still a member of the watch? Why are you here?"

"Oh yes, well, you see, I command the watch and I'm here to advance our cause. But you know, since it doesn't make any fucking sense, I'm going to declare myself a deserter and ask you to cut my head off"

I know thinking above two variables must come hard for you, but try a little harder, yeah? It's fucking exhausting.

iannis

Musty Nester
The spin offs are going to tank.

They might be looking at "highest numbers of viewers ever", but most of us were just watching a trainwreck.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The spin offs are going to tank.

They might be looking at "highest numbers of viewers ever", but most of us were just watching a trainwreck.
if the 5 spinoffs are following each of the starks stories and the prequel, it won't, the prequel might, naomi watts is old.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Don't be such an obtuse dipshit. Ned was executing a fugitive on his lands that admitted to running away in violation of the watch at a time when the watch was actually a thing.

Sam and "wait, there are still brothers left?" rando nights watch guys are the only surviving members of the watch. Do you think they're going to ask that they be killed because they themselves broke the oath to an organization that doesn't even exist anymore? Sam volunteered for the watch. He broke no laws, and pretty much became the defacto Lord Commander when Delorous Edd died, and would have been completely free to disband the watch because they self govern. And even if he didn't go to the effort of disbanding the watch, he would be the one determining whether they were abandoning their post or not...

"Hey you, aren't you still a member of the watch? Why are you here?"

"Oh yes, well, you see, I command the watch and I'm here to advance our cause. But you know, since it doesn't make any fucking sense, I'm going to declare myself a deserter and ask you to cut my head off"

I know thinking above two variables must come hard for you, but try a little harder, yeah? It's fucking exhausting.
calm your tits, bitch. i'm having a little fun with you, you literally cant say Night's Watch isnt a thing when it was clearly very much a thing in the final episode. there are still oaths and laws in this world and whether they are lazily enforced or not isnt even the point. the point is they do exist and they were enforced when people actually gave a shit about lawlessness in the realm. and very very clearly if the Lords are electing a new King now, then a sea captain, a daughter of a living Lord and a fat faggot deserter of Night Watch/Maesters will have no say in the matter. its hypocritical to be for laws when they are stepping all over them just to get the results that they want.
Grey Worm should have had all of them slaughtered.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
calm your tits, bitch. i'm having a little fun with you, you literally cant say Night's Watch isnt a thing when it was clearly very much a thing in the final episode. there are still oaths and laws in this world and whether they are lazily enforced or not isnt even the point. the point is they do exist and they were enforced when people actually gave a shit about lawlessness in the realm. and very very clearly if the Lords are electing a new King now, then a sea captain, a daughter of a living Lord and a fat faggot deserter of Night Watch/Maesters will have no say in the matter. its hypocritical to be for laws when they are stepping all over them just to get the results that they want.
Grey Worm should have had all of them slaughtered.

You lack a fundamental understanding of how the nights watch functioned and how it related to the realm on a level that almost matches the writers that wrote the scenes you're using as an example of why you're not wrong (you are). You should send your resume into HBO.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You lack a fundamental understanding of how the nights watch functioned and how it related to the realm on a level that almost matches the writers that wrote the scenes you're using as an example of why you're not wrong (you are). You should send your resume into HBO.
i dont how many ways i can tell you that you're wrong and i'm trying real hard to be as insulting as you are right now. so i'll just let you wallow in your own filth and write you off. grats.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Ok, so...

The people that switch allegiances and oaths more often than I switch underwear suddenly care about oaths to the point they expect the two remaining nights watch to kill themselves by their own hands and by their own decree all because the cripple king who has no authority over them ?has authority over them? and because they all once cared about ?lawlessness? and the integrity of the group that guarded the realms from the snarks and grumpkins that nobody believed in, and was seen as a joke, and dumping ground for the trash of society.

It makes so much sense

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Lol.

I think we can agree that the entire Jon has to take the black....AGAIN thing was fucking stupid so the entire premise of their even being a Nights Watch anymore is retarded.

Night King is dead, and like Dom said, the unsullied JUST FUCKED OFF and there isnt anyone to enforce the exile.

They could of had Jon reunite with Ghost and maybe finally find his balls to declare he is going to pursue SOMETHING, but nope he JUST FUCKED OFF INTO THE WOODS.

At least Arya Polo had some type of purpose at the end, regardless of how retarded it was.

• 2Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Nights Watch is a position overseen by the person who sits on the Iron Throne, not the King of the North. So no, he didn't have absolute authority.

Also you serve until you die. He died, his watch was done so he left.

Stop making me defend Astro.

(<3 u Chuk)
The North was in rebellion. The laws of the iron throne were meaningless unless they lost.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I had just assumed the white people had agreed to send Jon to the nights watch because they knew thats where he wanted to go, and that he would go north of the wall to live with the wild people, and that no one in the north, including Sansa, would give a shit about Jon not actually staying there, and it made the brown unsullied people happy that they thought he was receiving a punishment, when it's just what he wanted? But to be honest, I don't follow the show intimately and I don't understand the vast majority of the nuances.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well, I guess that is one of the more important questions going forward.

What DID Jon want to do? We dont fucking know because they didnt really give it much context besides a solemn nod to Tormund and a thats a good boy to Ghost. And then, as a call back to the pilot (fucking stupid) Jon and his band of bros go out beyond the wall as the gate behind them shuts.

Did he want to go beyond the wall....for good? DId he just need time to get away from all of the crazy shit that has went down over the years and ultimately makes some kind of return south? Maybe he planned on being a homosexual man with Tormund? Who the fuck knows, thats one of the more nebulous things when you actually think about it. After his resurrection he was disillusioned as to what his purpose was until his showdown with the Night King.

Night King is dead, all the sudden good guy Jon's sole purpose is his "queen". Then a single chat with Tyrion unravels years of rigid honor, convincing him to murder his "queen". Yeah he wasnt happy about what she had done, or was planning to do, and ultimately it was the right decision, its just fucking retarded how they handled everything after that. Not having a showdown with Greyworm, or showing any dialogue of his initial imprisonment is lazy and stupid.

• 1Like

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, I guess that is one of the more important questions going forward.

What DID Jon want to do? We dont fucking know because they didnt really give it much context besides a solemn nod to Tormund and a thats a good boy to Ghost. And then, as a call back to the pilot (fucking stupid) Jon and his band of bros go out beyond the wall as the gate behind them shuts.

Did he want to go beyond the wall....for good? DId he just need time to get away from all of the crazy shit that has went down over the years and ultimately makes some kind of return south? Maybe he planned on being a homosexual man with Tormund? Who the fuck knows, thats one of the more nebulous things when you actually think about it. After his resurrection he was disillusioned as to what his purpose was until his showdown with the Night King.

Night King is dead, all the sudden good guy Jon's sole purpose is his "queen". Then a single chat with Tyrion unravels years of rigid honor, convincing him to murder his "queen". Yeah he wasnt happy about what she had done, or was planning to do, and ultimately it was the right decision, its just fucking retarded how they handled everything after that. Not having a showdown with Greyworm, or showing any dialogue of his initial imprisonment is lazy and stupid.
He didn’t want to be king of the north, or king of the seven kingdoms, or to bang his aunt after they found out they were related. Not much else left. Fucking off to beyond the wall and not having to deal with duty and just slay wildling gash seems like a nice vacation.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Remember this little gem? Man, I wish "Red Ed" ended up winning music thrones and ruling the 6 kingdoms. Could have been his own bard.

Image result for ed sheeran game of thrones

• 1Like

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
Season 8 is the most disappointing thing since my son... I mean since disc 4 of xenogears.

The first half of the finale felt like when the RLM guys joke about a film feeling like it was put through a shredder and then someone has to tape it back together really quick. For at least the first half hour it felt like someone changed the order of scenes and made the show even worse.

Also, I originally was on board with the defense of not having enough time to tell the story properly, but how much screen time, honestly, was devoted to long dramatic pauses and reaction shots. It was like watching an NFL game, 3 hours elapse but only a few minutes of action actually took place. How much time was spent on following Arya around in the final 2 episodes when she served no purpose? Her story ended with the slaying of the NK and her POV of the burning of KL was unnecessary.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
In the summer of 2020, Wellington is hosting the World Science Fiction Convention, the oldest and most important con in the SF/ fantasy calendar, and they’ve asked me to serve as Toastmaster for the Hugo Awards. Writers, fans, and artists from all over the world will be headed down to check out all of your wonders. I hope lots of you Kiwis will join us.

As for finishing my book… I fear that New Zealand would distract me entirely too much. Best leave me here in Westeros for the nonce. But I tell you this — if I don’t have THE WINDS OF WINTER in hand when I arrive in New Zealand for worldcon, you have here my formal written permission to imprison me in a small cabin on White Island, overlooking that lake of sulfuric acid, until I’m done. Just so long as the acrid fumes do not screw up my old DOS word processor, I’ll be fine.

• 1Like