GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
He said thewayArya kills Polliver is taken straight from TWOW, and it is, just swap him for Raff. The injuries to Polliver were nearly identical to how she attacked Raff and the dialogue she used in the show were pretty much taken straight from Mercy verbatim, explaining why GRRM released the chapter when he did. He probably didn't want show viewers seeing Arya get revenge before she had gotten it in the books.

On one hand it was extremely gratifying to see the scene so soon after reading it. On the other hand it sucked because we didn't get to see her go nuts and stab the shit out of the Tickler, and now we for sure won't see her be Mercy in the future.
um what?

in the preview chapter Mercy she's practicing her mummer's stuff/faceless man act and is dressed up in makeup and a wig. she seduces Raff, takes him back to her Apt to have sex with him, and in the middle of undoing his trousers she slits his femoral artery and is like "oh shit, you're bleeding, whats going on, omgerd"

Poliver's death they just mimic'd lommy's for some poetic justice that the tv fans could embrace, though of course they had to remind them of that scene in the "previously on GoT" in the beginning cus most forgot.

edit: yeah the dialogue is similiar, the poetic justic part. ie the whole "can you walk? you'll need to carry me" part. I see what you're saying.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
In the book she cut Raff's inner thigh, he became incapacitated, and she stabbed him through the throat with Needle.

In the show she cut Polliver's leg (looks like back thigh/knee), he became incapacitated, and she stabbed him through the throat with Needle. In both scenes they have a chat about not being to walk, the man needing to be carried. Some words switched around, but come on man.

It is pretty much the same exact scene under different circumstances.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The Winds of Winter spoilers are getting pretty obnoxious. Not all of us chose to read shit for a book that may not be released in a few years.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
What Lenas said.

"Walk?" His fingers were slick with blood. "Are you blind, girl? I'm bleeding like a stuck pig. I can't walk on this."

"Well," she said, "I don't know how you'll get there, then."

"You'll need to carry me."

See? thought Mercy. You know your line, and so do I.

"Think so?" asked Arya, sweetly.

Raff the Sweetling looked up sharply as the long thin blade came sliding from her sleeve. She slipped it through his throat beneath the chin, twisted, and ripped it back out sideways with a single smooth slash. A fine red rain followed, and in his eyes the light went out.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Not exactly sure it's a Winds of Winter spoilerper se.

Either GRRM is much more diligently writing winds than he's lead us to believe with his tours and promotions and other things he's been working on, decided to include a throwback bit in to a minor scene he wrote 16 years and 4 novels ago that absolutely nobody would have recognized had it not been for the TV series. D&D have access to this working copy of the manuscript and decided to use elements of the scene in the TV show for a much cleaner and more relevant presentation of said scene than he did in the novel. or

sometime last spring when grrm was reading the scripts (he signs off on them all) an interesting scene caught his attention where arya gets to call back to a scene that happened a year and a half ago in season 2, thought it was interesting and adapted it so he could include it in Winds of Winter, to be able to say "see i'm still writing it i promise" before doing another 11.5 months of anything other than writing winds of winter.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
110358-Arya-Stark-Hound-zero-fucks-gi-KdFO.jpeg

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
The chapter has been released, that sounds released to me. You really think some major spoiler is going to be in one of those chapters?

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Seriously, there's a spoilers warning right I'm the thread title, if you don't want to see spoilers then gtfo. Pretty simple.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The chapter has been released, that sounds released to me. You really think some major spoiler is going to be in one of those chapters?
If there are we'll have to keep them out of this thread and split the book thread. Ugh!

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
If something has been officially released by Martin, it's fair game in this thread.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, the chapters he's released are just teasers really. There's nothing earth shattering in them.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Seriously, there's a spoilers warning right I'm the thread title, if you don't want to see spoilers then gtfo. Pretty simple.
There's a difference between spoiling already releases content, and a book that has not been released, and won't be released for a long while most likely.
It's pretty dickish to openly discuss TWOW shit where most people aren't going to read teaser chapters.

Y'all Wakandans are gay. It should be the same concept as the book threads, released spoilers only.

edit: so here i was letting GRRM give me a handjob in exchange for his exclusive information on the end of the series, turns out you guys were right. Jon Snow is Azor Azhai, everybody dies including him in the end.
Bummer.

Seriously though, i don't really care all that much but it's pretty lame in general lol

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
There's a difference between spoiling already releases content, and a book that has not been released, and won't be released for a long while most likely.
It's pretty dickish to openly discuss TWOW shit where most people aren't going to read teaser chapters.

Y'all Wakandans are gay. It should be the same concept as the book threads, released spoilers only.

edit: so here i was letting GRRM give me a handjob in exchange for his exclusive information on the end of the series, turns out you guys were right. Jon Snow is Azor Azhai, everybody dies including him in the end.
Bummer.

Seriously though, i don't really care all that much but it's pretty lame in general lol
Those spoilers are released (by the author) for anyone to read. Are you saying it has to be "printed" to be considered released (on an Online Forum).

iannis

Musty Nester
I gotta get my spoilers somewhere... and no way I'm reading the 15,000 pages of spurge. All equally valid, I say!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My wife got all pissy when she asked me who was going to be on the throne in the end and I told her no one. She said he would never troll people like that..

That's exactly what he'd do