GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Wanted to post this in the No Spoiler thread as someone there said that no one was seen to put the poison in the cup, but I don't want to post anything there. I believe the exchange between Margaery and Olenna is "shown", or inferred, a bit earlier.
ShlR2Ba.gif

spronk

FPS noob
so you're saying joffrey poisoned himself and framed tyrion for it. someone should suggest that in the no spoilers thread

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
It looks like Margaery is putting something into the cup before she sets it down. Look at the awkward finger placement/movement in the slowed down portion...the movement and placement is consistent with something being slipped in.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It looks like Margaery is putting something into the cup before she sets it down. Look at the awkward finger placement/movement in the slowed down portion...the movement and placement is consistent with something being slipped in.
margaery's hand never goes above the rim of the goblet. Besides we already know she was not the one holding the poison.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Also in the preview for the next episode it shows a brief exchange between herself and Lady Olenna where she is clearly upset that her prospects for becoming queen have bet set back by Joffery's death.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Yeah no spoilers from the books but things you don't really have time to notice live :

How It Really Happened - Imgur
I did not notice the jewel thing, but my question is why bother with that... if it was grandma there, why could she just not bring something with her to the wedding, why go through the trouble of a necklace from jester boy, for her to go get a piece then take to her table etc...
Seems it would be much easier to just bring something with you since your daughter is already planning on putting the cup down infront of you. I just don't see the point of the Sansa part.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I imagine as a failsafe. If you are discovered/ratted out and have the murder weapon on you, you're screwed. However, if you plant it on unwitting people, you stay safe. If they are caught, it can be more easily blammed on them. You can also misdirect any subsequent investigation.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
margaery's hand never goes above the rim of the goblet. Besides we already know she was not the one holding the poison.
It's all kind of moot since they are all complicit in the deed, regardless of how it was done in the show. We may get the actual details later. I wouldn't expect someone to look down in the cup and drop something into it from a few inches above, though. Since Margaery is closest to the king, she would be in an ideal position to poison Joffrey. Olenna is not - There's a good chance she would never have the opportunity. As I mentioned above, as well, when Olenna leaves the table and walks back towards her seat you see a movement which could be described as a handoff of some type. For Olenna to poison the cup she would have to reach over the table while the pie cutting was going on and drop it in - a much more obvious maneuver (and again assumes that she knew she'd have an opportunity like that to begin with).

Again, I'm just speculating on how the show went with it, I definitely could be wrong. But I present Exhibit B:
L77WZVx.gif

(this shot had no purpose other than to show Olenna walking back to her seat)
It's very quick and subtle, but margaery can be seen making a movement towards Olenna as she passes after speaking with Sansa - a movement towards Olenna and her hands look as if they go up and down quickly. (If you get a chance watch the scene in HD and the movement is much more obvious.

While not directly stated, Margaery definitely knew about the plot, whether or not she did the deed. You would think both Olenna and Margaery would have thought it through a bit before doing anything, so the fact that the Tyrell's are like oh shit, we didn't think this through really doesn't prove anything.

For reasons of the show, it definitely makes sense to tie them together since the was between Margaery and Cersei is going to get heated up this season, not Cersei and Olenna, And MArgaery is about to be painted as a bitch in her own right.

So yeah, until the show explains otherwise, I'm going with Olenna grabs poison from Sansa, who was the unknowing middlewoman of LF and Olenna, and then hands it off to Margaery since she's in the best position to poison him, which she does while the cup is in her hands. In the show, she is the only person aside from Tyrion, Joffrey, and Sansa to touch the goblet. In the book, Joffrey places the cup down on the table himself.

Eorkern

Bronze Squire
TSA ! No but if you're wearing something from someone you barely know at the wedding of the freaking king you kind of inspect it or touch it or whatever...

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Someone asked why Sansa had to wear the necklace. It's because none of Littlefinger's plan is about framing Tyrion. That happened all on its own without his help. The plan was to ensure that Sansa was either named as the killer or at least assumed to be involved, because he wanted her to be completely trapped with no choice other than accepting his "protection." That's why she had to wear the necklace - so she knew that she had a part in it, willing or not.

He lied to Sansa. He didn't kill Joffrey for the fuck of it just to see if he could benefit somehow. He killed Joffrey to get the Tyrells to come on board and he made sure Sansa was blamed because he really, really wants to fuck Catelyn Stark in whatever form he can get.