GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Chris

Potato del Grande
Aren't we like, never going too see Dany nude again in the show because she told the producers she wasn't going to continue the role if they made her nude again?

I thought I remembered hearing something about that like, last season.
Everyone said this, then she had the nude bath scene.

I think that was Ross (Roz?), the lead prostitute. She's dead now.
Yeah not a great plan when it's the entire point of your character. She started to look a bit haggard but she was spectacular S1.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I am liking this season more than last, I don't mind Dannys story and it does make sense to me- no need for her to storm back over and take the crown and hold it for a while... She easily can have an entire kingdom where she is now and then go on over with an entire kingdom worth of an army not just the bare minimum.
I'm just glad they addressed the fact that her freeing of the slaves is not just as simple as rolling in and freeing them. I was already thinking it was stupid for her to just roll up these cities, free the slaves and think things were hunky-dory without instituting a strong governing body to make sure her changes stayed in effect.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I seem to recall a story last season that she was going to get approval for her nude scenes going forward, but this from February says no more Dany tittahs EVER!

Daenerys Nudity: Emilia Clarke Won't Allow Any More Khaleesi Naked Scenes In 'Game Of Thrones' Season 4 [VIDEO] - International Digital Times
Apparently the source that article is based on says the exact opposite. Rumors about Emilia Clarke deciding no nudity were swirling around after s1. It was shown to be false after that also. It is just one of those rumors that just refuses to die.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sounds like HBO just wants to cater more to liberal faggots. I suspect their liberal agenda will cause an increase in the amount of dick that is shown. because HBO = homosexuals.

RIGHT KEGKILLA?

Siliconemelons

I'm just glad they addressed the fact that her freeing of the slaves is not just as simple as rolling in and freeing them. I was already thinking it was stupid for her to just roll up these cities, free the slaves and think things were hunky-dory without instituting a strong governing body to make sure her changes stayed in effect.
Yeah, in the first or 2nd place - astapor? she did set up a new governing body- but as stated it was overrun and corrupted. I don't mind watching her grow, secure and establish her new empire as a true and real empire- just freeing slaves...as you said is kinda dumb... these are not "oh some homeboys ran into town and enslaved us all...thanks for freeing us now we can go back to the way it was." these are generational slaves with no skills, understanding, culture etc outside of slave- there is no other life in any way.. she needs to establish that and create a new culture etc. blady bla bla...

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I hope Dany keeps appearing nude. It was at the moment when she walked into the scalding bath that I thought "this is going to be the best show I ever watch in my lifetime"

spronk

FPS noob
the actress also did a nude play on broadway this spring, so she's not against displaying her incredible assets. but now that she IS dany and irreplaceable, she doesn't want to do gratuitous, "doesn't advance the story/my career" nudity. like we won't see half titty middle eastern dany and they probably won't have any of the lesbo dany scenes either
frown.png

we probably will see lesbo cersei though so thats something to look forward to

Szlia

The whole slave theme is pretty weak because slavery can be a lot of different things and the show gives us very little insight about how the slavery system works in this world. The show just hopes we will see this story with our 21st century eyes and only think slavery = baaaaad.

I am not too sure how it went during the roman empire, but I believe for the vikings it was possible to decide to become a slave, basically trading freedom for security, which, depending of the context, could be an ok deal.

The only thing the show tells us about slave is that there are some highly trained ones, such as the interpreter and the unsullied, which mean it's a possibility the society can remain somewhat functioning if you kill all the masters, because the accountants might still be here.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Lesbo Dany actually advanced her character quite a bit and got her back in to taking the dong so I hope it makes the show.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
That "article" gives zero evidence for Emilia not wanting to do any more nude scenes and just links back to the rumor from last year that "someone" didn't want to.

Edit - fuck, sorry, didn't realize there was another page of comments before I replied. Disregard.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The whole slave theme is pretty weak because slavery can be a lot of different things and the show gives us very little insight about how the slavery system works in this world. The show just hopes we will see this story with our 21st century eyes and only think slavery = baaaaad.

I am not too sure how it went during the roman empire, but I believe for the vikings it was possible to decide to become a slave, basically trading freedom for security, which, depending of the context, could be an ok deal.

The only thing the show tells us about slave is that there are some highly trained ones, such as the interpreter and the unsullied, which mean it's a possibility the society can remain somewhat functioning if you kill all the masters, because the accountants might still be here.
Everything about the show has indicated that slavery = bad in asoiaf

spinnaker

reformed lurker
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, didn't Missandei just tell the story of how she became a slave like one episode ago? She was abducted and watched her village burn while she sailed away in chains

iannis

Musty Nester
Slavery can be a lot of things, but the portrayal in the show is basically this is notquitethe worst slave system, but pretty close.

I mean crucifying slave children as mile markers. You think that the "masters" did that? Or do you think that there might have been 1 slavedriver whipping slaves into crucifying their own children?

iannis

Musty Nester
The weakest part about the whole slave thing to me is that... how come there aren't slave revolts? Why does Blondie have to walk up with an army? If shit is this crazytown... there's gonna be some fucking slave revolts. Or else all the slaves will be old women. And what the fuck is the point of keeping nothing but old women as slaves? You need slaves for manual labor, you don't need them just so you can twirl your moustache in a vaguely arabian way.

You also don't create an elite army of eunuchs. You can create a perfectly good elite army of scribes and harem guards out of eunuchs, but you don't create a fighting force when the mode of technology relies purely on raw physical strength.

But I mean. Conan story. There's dragons flying around and shit. There comes a point where you need to stop nitpicking it.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
They discussed a previous slave revolt in the very episode that Dany liberated them in, and in particular they recounted the brutality of the masters in putting it down.