GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

khorum

Murder Apologist
They over-promoted the sandsnakes prior to the season with those promo videos and behind the scenes stuff too. As bad as the fight choreography was I think the expectations definitely didn't do it any favors.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
In the books didn't the sand snakes basically do fuck all because they got corralled before they could cause any trouble other than Myrcella losing an ear?

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Cersei and Tommen are becoming huge disappointments.

Cersie declared war on the north and her actions against the Tyrell's can only logically be seen as trying to provoke a war between them and the Lanisters. She has just moved two of the seven kingdoms into war with her at a time when they are still at war with Stannis and in a near state of war with Dorne. The Lanisters are broke and her only allies are in no way certain to side with Lanisters against the other seven kingdoms.

Cersei is supposed to have little to no power at this point, to me this is a case of the directors keeping around a good actress just because they want to.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Cersei is supposed to have little to no power at this point, to me this is a case of the directors keeping around a good actress just because they want to.
Tommen just needs to man up and start killing people
I don't remember that. She orchestrated the faith militant in the books then got caught in her own stupid trap, right?

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
bronn might be ok, i mean have they mentioned on the tv show about the sand snakes or that they all tip their blades with poison?

anyway, ok episode, kinda shitty we gotta wait another 2 weeks before ep 7. faceless men was cool, arya's lies to the little girl impressed jaqen to show her the face temple, that was pretty neat, wedding night rough sex scene was expected.
There is a new episode next week. No skip for Memorial Day. I checked as soon as this episode was over.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I don't remember that. She orchestrated the faith militant in the books then got caught in her own stupid trap, right?
I thought Cersei and Margaery got taken at about the same time in the books.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Here's where Cad talking realism in GoT gets silly, but...

Why would Lady Olenna come to KL to see about Loras getting freed and not bring a small army? One would think if ANYBODY took the heir to a major house hostage the first thing to be done would be to march your army up there to say, give him back now or my army will fuck your shit up. The sparrows aren't so numerous or well armed that they'd stand up to one of the major house's army. Why would the Tyrells just kinda stand by and do nothing?

Particularly now that Margaery has been taken also. It'd be go-time in my mind.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Here's where Cad talking realism in GoT gets silly, but...

Why would Lady Olenna come to KL to see about Loras getting freed and not bring a small army? One would think if ANYBODY took the heir to a major house hostage the first thing to be done would be to march your army up there to say, give him back now or my army will fuck your shit up.
Um, how did that work out for Robb? Olenna is way too smart for that.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
The only reason anyone gives a shit about sandsnakes is because they're called sandsnakes. It's three boring ass swarthy as all hell women who Bron shouldve been able to murder the piss out of. Sort of funny that this very decidedly non PC story has the most PC aspect ever of women who can defeat men in combat.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
In the books didn't the sand snakes basically do fuck all because they got corralled before they could cause any trouble other than Myrcella losing an ear?
Well Arianna (Ellaria takes role?) was working with them to cause a war, and when Hotah (black axedude) fucks up Arys (Jaime takes role) Darkstar (not present) went rogue and hurt Myrcella. So they never really got the opportunity to make their move openly because Doran outmaneuvered them.

I'm really quite disappointed with the entire Dornish arc of the show. Arianna's scheming was the centerpiece of the Dorne drama, and she's not in the show. She's far more important than Sansa. I think the fan favoritism of the Starks and Lannisters has hurt the integrity of the show's depiction of events. I really despise Jaime being in Dorne rather than fighting in the riverlands as well.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Does nobody else think LF ends up with Darth Sansa?

Stannis weakens Roose, LF shows up with vale troops, saves Sansa, marries her, moonteas the bastard, then holds, what?... 50% of westeros? With a consenting stark wife? (She seemed ok kissing him, and mentioned she would be married when he got back, so she digs him imo).

LF + Sansa (north + vale) vs Kings Landing (south + lannisport) vs Targ (mereen + dothraki, and maybe dorne? Tryion saves marcella and Jamie), with ice zombies inc?

Also, they could still introduce some of the missing characters, season finale, here is dude or the iron born fleet, credits (episode 9 always peaks, 10 pumps next season). Not saying they will, but possible? Yes, I know they already said they got the ships etc, just an example.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Well Arianna (Ellaria takes role?) was working with them to cause a war, and when Hotah (black axedude) fucks up Arys (Jaime takes role) Darkstar (not present) went rogue and hurt Myrcella. So they never really got the opportunity to make their move openly because Doran outmaneuvered them.

I'm really quite disappointed with the entire Dornish arc of the show. Arianna's scheming was the centerpiece of the Dorne drama, and she's not in the show. She's far more important than Sansa. I think the fan favoritism of the Starks and Lannisters has hurt the integrity of the show's depiction of events. I really despise Jaime being in Dorne rather than fighting in the riverlands as well.
I think you can "see the future" in the series now based on what they leave out of the book. If Doran was planning to team with Aegon/Connington to get revenge on the Lannisters, and the show has completely cut out the Aegon/Connington storyline, then you can deduce that that arc wasn't going to go anywhere. Since Daenerys his recently acquired a navy out of nowhere, it might be reasonable to conclude that when she abandons Meereen and comes to Westeros, Dorne will team up with her instead. Maybe thats where the books are going to go with it, just by a more circuitous route.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Does nobody else think LF ends up with Darth Sansa?

Stannis weakens Roose, LF shows up with vale troops, saves Sansa, marries her, moonteas the bastard, then holds, what?... 50% of westeros? With a consenting stark wife? (She seemed ok kissing him, and mentioned she would be married when he got back, so she digs him imo).
My only problem with this is why does Littlefinger give Sansa to Ramsey temporarily? If he wants to marry her, why let her potentially get abused/flayed/tortured by Ramsey? LF knows damn well what type of guy Ramsey is.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I think somehow Dany and the Dornish end up together. Tyrion will want to save Jamie and Marcella, Martells want an in with Dany, and Tyrion and strong ties to power in Volantis. That while setup is nebulous, but there.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm pretty sure Sansa would willingly marry LF at this point based on the crypt scene. It might be the stupidest thing she'd ever do, but she'd do it.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I think you can "see the future" in the series now based on what they leave out of the book. If Doran was planning to team with Aegon/Connington to get revenge on the Lannisters, and the show has completely cut out the Aegon/Connington storyline, then you can deduce that that arc wasn't going to go anywhere. Since Daenerys his recently acquired a navy out of nowhere, it might be reasonable to conclude that when she abandons Meereen and comes to Westeros, Dorne will team up with her instead. Maybe thats where the books are going to go with it, just by a more circuitous route.
Ser Stonezone is going to get blood everywhere at the fighting pits and infect so many people. This would then maybe cause a mass pilgrimage of the infected to Mel? Not sure.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I think somehow Dany and the Dornish end up together. Tyrion will want to save Jamie and Marcella, Martells want an in with Dany, and Tyrion and strong ties to power in Volantis. That while setup is nebulous, but there.
Since Jaime is actually the one that killed Dany's father, crazy or not, I think he would taste Drogon's fire if Dany ever meets him. Don't think Tyrion will convince her to spare him.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
My only problem with this is why does Littlefinger give Sansa to Ramsey temporarily? If he wants to marry her, why let her potentially get abused/flayed/tortured by Ramsey? LF knows damn well what type of guy Ramsey is.
He doesn't. This is already in an interview with the writer / producer of the episode. In the show universe, Ramsay isn't a notorious psychopath like he is in the books. He's just some bastard that Roose legitimized so he had an heir.