GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
she's hot but smirks way too much. it seems she thinks that's her "thing". if so, she ought to find another thing.

i'm almost through with book two, which i started reading book one around christmastime. i originally didn't want to read the books, but i recently changed my mind. i am DREADING that OTHER thread right now. it's like pandora's box... should i take a peek? no no no

good episode; the hour flew right by.

Cybsled

Careful on the books. When the show started, I thought I would read up to the point the show was at so I wouldn't be spoiled.

That plan didn't work out well. I ended up reading every single book over the span of a couple weeks ;P

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This show is just too fucking good. Other than Breaking Bad, there is no other show that leaves me in as much anticipation for the next episode.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Awesome episode, hopefully Barristan exposing himself now is a nice way to avoid the whole "BOO HOO I KNOW YOU LOVE ME JORAH BUT IM JUST A CONFUSED WOMAN YOU MUST LEAVE" bullshit that happened in the books. The only sad part is no Strong Belwas it seems and no fancy staff work from Barristan to happen. Oh well, Barristan is a badass and him being himself from the start isn't really something I'm upset about.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
as Tarrant says, beware because reading all the books will make you wait a goddamned long time for your next fix.
great episode, i love how things fall right back into their universe again. what a great show. best scene was with tywin and tyrion

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you're going to read the books, be advised things happening in the show are still in book 2.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
lol yep. so i've heard.

it'd be nice to read along at the show's pace, but the hell with that. by the middle of the first book i knew THAT wasn't going to happen. either way i've already been spoiled to something
frown.png

(you know what)
awesome show/story. can't believe this guy hasn't finished yet.

spinnaker

reformed lurker
<Bronze Donator>
Guys, parts of this episode happened in book 2 and other parts happened in book 3. The point is the books aren't EXACTLY synced up with the show. Readers beware.

velk

Trakanon Raider
The guy playing joffrey is really good. I laughed at loud at the dinner quip about bravery - his face just shows the perfect thought process - 'awesome ! wait.. is she fucking with me ? *confused* I can't work out if she is or not'

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
i'm almost through with book two, which i started reading book one around christmastime. i originally didn't want to read the books, but i recently changed my mind. i am DREADING that OTHER thread right now. it's like pandora's box... should i take a peek? no no no
Yeah do your very best to stay the fuck out of that other thread. We post stuff that would be a spoiler for you in just about every damned post. RESIST!

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Jon's first meeting with Mance was much better in the book, imo. Wonder why they didn't go into the fact that Mance had been to Winterfell before.

On the other hand, they nailed the Tyrion + Tywin scene.

Good ep overall, though it felt like not a whole lot happened.

Chrisd_sl

shitlord
I am intrigued as to how the wholeRos is a Varys spy working for LF who is overseeing Sansa's escape, in personthing is going to play out, there is some terrible potential there.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Real surprised about the Barristan reveal so early, it makes me wonder how they are going to treat the scene later on with Jorah. Wasn't it Barristan who reveals Jorah to Dany after getting outed? (I thought it was also partially the reason he was disguised as well, since he knows why Jorah is there).

Sad about no Belwas, but that's only because of one scene in the books. I thought the episode was pretty good but I think book readers (and I am one) are going to just have to accept the fact that the show is going to change (radically in some ways) things. I think we're going to see that the changes made in S2 are going to have a domino effect for S3 (and further).

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Sad about no Belwas, but that's only because of one scene in the books. I thought the episode was pretty good but I think book readers (and I am one) are going to just have to accept the fact that the show is going to change (radically in some ways) things. I think we're going to see that the changes made in S2 are going to have a domino effect for S3 (and further).
I don't see anyone complaining about changes, so long as they make sense and improve the show. It's only the shitty changes people get upset about.