GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
They really did cast this show near-perfectly. I mean, your first look at Joffrey before he even speaks and you think "god what a douche."

Some dude at work keeps spoiling this show hardcore for me. He'll go "hey did you read this major plot element that will completely spoil everything yet?" I've decided just to finish the books over the next 2 weeks.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Well if you want to be a cunt about it we're all just coming up with bullshit to justify our stances.

But if anyone is of the belief that Varys can't possibly be working forwhat he thinksis best for the realm because people are dying they are being stupid.
Hey in ten years when GRRM gets off his ass and releases a book that describes Varys intentions we'll both be wrong.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hey in ten years when GRRM gets off his ass and releases a book that describes Varys intentions we'll both be wrong.
I worry the show is going to fuck up the books now. It's clear the TV show is going to end before the books do. Maybe I should say to word it better that the TV show will outpace the books.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Combining Thoros and Tom was incredibly dumb, I see no reason for it.

From what I've seen so far it's not that different from season 2, aka endless streams of dumb changes.

I think that if goes on like this, I really don't mind if it gets cancelled.
I read this, then I saw your name and avatar and I laughed my fucking ass off.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
I worry the show is going to fuck up the books now. It's clear the TV show is going to end before the books do. Maybe I should say to word it better that the TV show will outpace the books.
Well, we'll get a good taste of that when the winds of winter comes out after the second coming, the rapture, baby raptor jesus, a gay islamic POTUS and peace on earth are all described as "events that happened in the past".

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Spoilerish question but what amount of time are the novels as a whole supposed to cover anyways?
In addition to other comments, my understanding is that a couple of the books take place during the same time but focus on different characters, too. That's going to make the timeline confusing if it ends up that 2 or 3 seasons are all going on at once with the show spread out as it has been.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
The crossbow scene with Joffery and Margaery was nice. She is such a hot little piece of ass and seems to be more then willing to do whatever freaky shit gets her man off. When she asked if he "would enjoy watching her kill something" I thought to myself that I had found the perfect girl. She's the type of woman that wars are fought over.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
She's you're Helen of Troy is what you're sayin?
wink.png

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Combining Thoros and Tom was incredibly dumb, I see no reason for it.

From what I've seen so far it's not that different from season 2, aka endless streams of dumb changes.

I think that if goes on like this, I really don't mind if it gets cancelled.
Oh, shit! You won't mind if it gets canceled?! Hopefully that doesn't get back to HBO!

This is a television show, not a book. You have to hire and pay every actor. They are going to consolidate wherever possible. It's already a very expensive show and I find it hard to really take issue with them consolidating minor characters.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
it doesnt help that so many characters look similar to each other in dress and appearance. last season before i read the books it took me about 4ish episodes before i remembered who everyone is again. its not easy.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
You kidding? There's so many characters there should be no surprise people are having problems following it.
Not at all. I'm not saying it to me mean at all I just personally am having no issues following all the storylines and characters and I didn't know this was an issue others were having.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
i think season 1 was clean and simple (and super awesome), but with season 2 where a lot starts to unravel, with so much going on i could see people having trouble. in a way it's like the wire or sopranos, with lots of arcs and characters. made harder to follow perhaps by the fantasy setting.

so yeah, it's true i guess.