GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Stupid Nephew Tully got hot tail and didnt like Robb so he gives no fucks. But I didn't see Uncle Black Fish Tully get ganked, did I miss that or was he off pissing on a tree?

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well holy shit that episode was crazy. I'm bummed there weren't any Lannister scenes though, as those tend to be my favorites, especially Tywin.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
GRRM sure devotes a lot of time to Jaime, Cersei and especially Tyrion, almost so much so you could make a fair argument that the Lannisters are the focal point as well. just because the Lannisters are pricks and the Starks are honorable doesnt mean the show is about them. im not even saying the show is about the Lannisters at all. the story seems to be based on the events following the return of magic (White/wight walkers, Dragons) and Jon ayron's death which is why it took a long ass time to finally find out who and why he was killed. so now that his death is figured out the dragons and the WW will encase the rest of the series with the starks and lannisters fussing around throughout. they are just a small part of a much larger picture.

the biggest question i have is why did magic come back and how?
Of course the show isn't "about" them. It is about the concept of power and other vague philosophical shit like that. The Starks and Tyrion are our relatable voices in that world. Like I said, I'll be shocked if the Starks don't take us out of this story much the same way they took us in.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
magic went out hundreds of years ago with the death of the last dragon. magic was already on the decline which is why it was such a puny dragon. its coming back. proof of this has ben shown in many ways, one of which was that dany's dragons became huge even while chained and trapped in a dungeon. contradicting the explanations that the previous dragons were weak because they were kept inside.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
The magic was lessened or something. Depending on which character you believe there are different reasons for that.

Read that twitter feed I am SHOCKED at how many people haven't just read the goddamn books. If the show is so important to you that you would have a big public freakout over an episode.... why in the world wouldn't you read the book?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I think the uncle left the room or wasn't at the reception? I didn't see. Good question though.

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
The tears on my FB account have been awesome. I even sent my regards too bwaha.

The show needs to have a season end with Jon Snow getting stabbed by his own soldiers. Oh the tears and blue balls!

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
uncle tully went to water a tree and never came back, we can assume nephew got ganked pre-bedding.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
The story isn't about the Starks, but it is most often told from the perspective of the Starks. They're a narrative device. It's about a period of change in the world. The Starks, Lannisters, and Baratheons are just the most pivotal families in Westeros. The North, led by the Starks, is fighting for independence while the Baratheons claim the throne the Lannisters occupy. Everyone else is just a support character while these conflicts take center stage.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
The Targ's conquered Westros just 300 years ago with dragons who could swallow horses or even mammoths. The "last dragon" was just 150ish years ago, during the reign of Aegon III (the Dragonbane).

Supposedly, after a huge fight the White Walkers mostly disappeared 8000 years ago when the Wall was put up, only returning now.

Meanwhile, Warging seems to have been working, and many speak of the various abilities of people of the east like Asshai and the Shadow Lands have various tricks and abilities that haven't seem to have disappeared. Melisandre could clearly see into the flames to some degree and knew she could poop out a womb-wrath thing.

I'm not sure "Magic" is an "on/off" type thing.

agripa

Molten Core Raider
sFM2r4r.png

sFM2r4r.png

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Maybe proximity matters. We keep getting snippets about how the Maesters had a broader understanding of magic and worked to undermine it by sabotaging the dragons. Or maybe they just help catalyze certain types of magic. I would prefer Martin be a tad more explicit about how this shit works.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
no one else finds danys perfect world boring?
I do. Not as much lately but I'm incredibly annoyed of her as a character in general. Basically rooting for nothing but bad things to happen to her now, and the occasional dragons fucking shit up. Nothing about her story has been all that interesting since the end of S1, she just walks around, spouting demands and getting away with everything

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i think the actress playing dany is quite boring. when she says her lines she has practically no expression. if she isnt excited about her role, then why the fuck should i be?