GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don’t think we’ve seen the last of the night king, or atleast that storyline. You don’t prop up a winter is coming theme for 8 years and then toss it aside with 3 episodes to go. There is probably no evidence of it in the next trailer specifically because they want us to be surprised when it happens. Those two dweeb producers are all about cheesy misdirects , they’ve proven time and again. I’m not sure how it will figure in but guessing it will involve bran or John somehow, maybe have something to do with all that unexplained warging time that bran was engaged in

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You don’t prop up a winter is coming theme for 8 years and then toss it aside with 3 episodes to go

All evidence to the contrary. Give it up man, we've been down this kind of road multiple times. We all wanted some sort of deeper meaning behind the mess of a faceless men resolution, we all wanted something more out of Dorne than retarded murder cunts, we all (or at least many of us) wanted them to find some kind of middle ground between dedicating entire scenes/episodes to travel times and borderline teleportation, and we never got it.

The NK was nothing but a big distraction and a throwaway plot device to shrink Dany's forces to make the final showdown for the Iron Throne more tense.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 4Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
All evidence to the contrary. Give it up man, we've been down this kind of road multiple times. We all wanted some sort of deeper meaning behind the mess of a faceless men resolution, we all wanted something more out of Dorne than retarded murder cunts, we all (or at least many of us) wanted them to find some kind of middle ground between dedicating entire scenes/episodes to travel times and borderline teleportation, and we never got it.

The NK was nothing but a big distraction and a throwaway plot device to shrink Dany's forces to make the final showdown for the Iron Throne more tense.
and by doing so made the last 3 episodes completely inconsequential. there is only a handful of people left alive in the north left to rule over. i dont remember if the TV show ever covered this, but there is famine to the south because all the wars and raidrs killed the farmers so there isnt food to feed the people of KL. all the heads of the old houses are dead. when dany or jon or the fucking pirate king takes the throne from Cersei it will mean less than nothing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I don’t think we’ve seen the last of the night king, or atleast that storyline. You don’t prop up a winter is coming theme for 8 years and then toss it aside with 3 episodes to go. There is probably no evidence of it in the next trailer specifically because they want us to be surprised when it happens. Those two dweeb producers are all about cheesy misdirects , they’ve proven time and again. I’m not sure how it will figure in but guessing it will involve bran or John somehow, maybe have something to do with all that unexplained warging time that bran was engaged in

GoT is all Hollywood now. The writers think in a very simple linear way. The rest of the episodes are gonna be who's gonna end up on the throne. And it's gonna be a typical happy ending where evil is defeated. Top two candidates are Sansa because fucking feminism and Jon because he needs a consolation prize for not being able to defeat NK himself.
I just thought of something. Since they shot multiple endings, the NK killing so early on was probably a way to gauge how the viewers react and then they just pick an ending for the release based on how they can remedy the situation the best. And it's all fucking bullshit.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
and by doing so made the last 3 episodes completely inconsequential. there is only a handful of people left alive in the north left to rule over. i dont remember if the TV show ever covered this, but there is famine to the south because all the wars and raidrs killed the farmers so there isnt food to feed the people of KL. all the heads of the old houses are dead. when dany or jon or the fucking pirate king takes the throne from Cersei it will mean less than nothing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

iannis

Musty Nester

I do think that is probably GRMM's over arching point though. It doesn't matter who is king shit of booger mountain.

The romans make a desolation and call it peace.

In that way I think the show is being true to the intent of the source. It's just sort of an anticlmatic way to make the point.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What if the night king died when he fell off his dragon? Death by misadventure might have been better.

But seriously to be able to survive that fall....means he is even more powerful than we thought.

Maybe he should of had plate armor? Or PLOT armor?? It was a popular choice for most of the other characters.

Also zombie dragon obliterated an entire section of winterfell stone reinforced wall with a single flame pass, yet couldn't get through that rock Jon hid behind. It reminded me of waist high cover based games where you can just hide behind a crate to avoid explosion damage etc.

I mean fuck, why not just do another pass on the gods wood and would have destroyed Bran, the Iron born and the tree in one fell swoop.

But maybe the NK was vulnerable to emotion and bad decision making like the living. *shrug* He did look badass though, easily the most menacing and convincing look for a big bad in TV maybe even movie history.

Last edited:

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I feel like every person who posts this is just doing *insert cable provider here* at this point. I know that's not the intent but every time I check the thread there is a new cable company being inserted.

We've named every telecommunications company so far. What gives?
I only name those two, since they are what's available where I live. I imagine every big cable company sends out compressed HD video, though.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
seems that there is someone working on brightening up the Fight at Winterfell, and it looks SO MUCH BETTER. They should just re-release that episode and fix it.
Better in full screen:
It's so beautiful.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

gak

<Gold Donor>
So GRRM wrote himself as a fat coward? Nice. I believe it.

I thought he was Snow ?

t.jpg

So the climactic battle we waited years for was every main character shielded by plot armor, while snow/martin screamed at a dragon and arya pegged the impotent night kang. What a world...

t2.gif

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Snow is who he wanted to be, Sam is who he ended up being.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
I thought he was Snow ?

View attachment 205943

So the climactic battle we waited years for was every main character shielded by plot armor, while snow/martin screamed at a dragon and arya pegged the impotent night kang. What a world...

View attachment 205944

The great irony of the knocks against the writing of recent seasons (deserved) is that so many people doing the knocking also seem to believe this was the climax of the series. You haven’t been paying attention to GRRM if you think that. Simple good guys versus evil force (like Tolkien) bores him.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

He's gone baby. You sure can get rid of Winter is Coming and decades of buildup (if you include the books) in a single episode. The book won't be much different. Really a lot of us saw some bullshit like that happening.

Cybsled

The show runners have mentioned the scouring of the Shire in interviews, so NK is dead. Cersei is coming to fuck up some hobbits.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Someone will have to enlighten me as to why GRRM has a such a hardon for the Scouring of the Shire. I absolutely hated that shit in LOTR.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

iannis

Musty Nester
I liked scouring a lot. It scales back the epic world ending lord of evil threat into something which is less fantasy but just as important, and importantly something that happens. That bit isn't so much fantasy as direct social commentary.

The first time I finished ROTK I also despised scouring. It was both a gutpunch and it felt anti climatic. But Merry and Pippin running off old sharky and letting their fat little brothers be free without being corrupted by violence (mostly) is important. At the very least the constabulary that they formed was free of the -joy- of violence. It's the story of the country people that get by without being directly effected by these huge world shaping events but in their more narrow ways their lives are effected even more negatively by forces they cannot control, comprehend, or even influence.

It's a story about soldiers coming home to find that while they were out fighting the good fight, all the cowards were at home eating their food and fucking the women.

That one small chapter contextualizes the entire three books. I really do think it was kind of brilliant to use it as an epilogue. For adults. Younger readers won't see the point he's making. I didn't, until I re-read the series in my 30's.

The story that GRRM has told will not lend itself to a scouring of the shire. He's made everyone complict and the commoners are not innocent... they're just chattel. He does not have a Shire to Scour. If he tries, which he probably would if he ever wrote the book, it would be peak pretentiousness.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
1% hope the series redeems itself next episode with some crazy shit
99% expectation its gonna be some boring ass fuckery

:confused:

22en1v59sxv21.jpg

these are the stunt doubles for the actors too, the double for Dany is like 5x hotter than Emilia Clarke

j6yjnivbsuv21.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Aside from the unexpected way the NK went out, I think my biggest nitpick is still that they sent everyone not fighting to the damn CRYPTS for safety. Everyone that matters knows the NK can easily do that mass rez thing, they've seen how crazy strong the undead can be when they in a frenzy, none of it made sense. Nice hard tap with a sledge in the right spot would crack open one of those stone coffins pretty easy, I'm sure an frenzied undead with more raw strength than a human could crack it open just as easy, and they did.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Aside from the unexpected way the NK went out, I think my biggest nitpick is still that they sent everyone not fighting to the damn CRYPTS for safety. Everyone that matters knows the NK can easily do that mass rez thing, they've seen how crazy strong the undead can be when they in a frenzy, none of it made sense. Nice hard tap with a sledge in the right spot would crack open one of those stone coffins pretty easy, I'm sure an frenzied undead with more raw strength than a human could crack it open just as easy, and they did.
Not to mention the heavy-handed "WE'LL BE SAFE IN THE CRYPTS!" brought up like 6 times. Very subtle writing...