Gravity (2013)

Fedor

<Banned>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Gravity

Tagline: Don't let go.

Genre: Science Fiction, Thriller, Drama

Director: Alfonso Cuarón

Cast: Sandra Bullock, George Clooney, Ed Harris, Orto Ignatiussen, Phaldut Sharma, Amy Warren, Basher Savage

Release: 2013-10-03

Runtime: 91

Plot: Dr. Ryan Stone, a brilliant medical engineer on her first Shuttle mission, with veteran astronaut Matt Kowalsky in command of his last flight before retiring. But on a seemingly routine spacewalk, disaster strikes. The Shuttle is destroyed, leaving Stone and Kowalsky completely alone-tethered to nothing but each other and spiraling out into the blackness of space. The deafening silence tells them they have lost any link to Earth and any chance for rescue. As fear turns to panic, every gulp of air eats away at what little oxygen is left. But the only way home may be to go further out into the terrifying expanse of space.

Fedor

<Banned>

IMDb - Gravity

Astronauts attempt to return to earth after debris crashes into their space shuttle, leaving them drifting alone in space.
Ain't It Cool News - A very early Test Screening review of Alfonso Cuaron's GRAVITY! Surprise, it is described as 'next level'!!!

http://thefilmstage.com/news/average...ake-confirmed/

He confirmed that the opening shot will be a single 17-minute take and went on to say the runtime of the entire film will be around two hours. The catch is that the film will only contain 156 shots, which if you do some simple math puts every take around 45 seconds, a rarity in today's blockbuster world. He want on to say many shots will last 6, 8 and 10 minutes long. It looks like for Children of Men fans, myself included, this will be an entirely new level, especially for cinematographer Emmanuel Lubezki, who is coming off The Tree of Life.
October 4th release date

Feien

Ploppers
This is one of the movies I'm most looking forward to this year. I was invited to the early screening back in May, but I decided to wait and see it in it's full formed glory. I've heard about some of the technical stuff they've done to accomplish some of the shots and it sounds insane. Things that have never been done before.

fucker_sl

shitlord
Children of Men is one of my favorite movies of all times. Technically speaking is probably THE greatest non-cgi movie i have seen in the last 20 years. Appart few post production touchs, everything about it feels so fucking real because it is. The dirt, the garbage. It gives the feeling that society is collapsing much better than any other movie i have seen. Even the initial explosion in the bar....they had dozens of ppl sinchronizing their movements just to be where they had to be when the explosion (a non-cgi explosion) went off

then we have the fantastic 8 minutes car scene, and then the fantastic fight scene at the end. Fuck in the middle of it my heart was racing. amazing. simply amazing

Fedor

<Banned>
trailer tomorrow

Gravity-teaser-poster.jpg

Gravity-teaser-poster.jpg

Szlia

I am a very big fan of Children of Men, but, I must say, I am even more intrigued by the cast here. Sandra Bullock and George Clooney? I am curious to see that.

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
The concept of being trapped or stuck in space is so creepy to me, I can't wait for this one.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
So I guess astronauts can look at the sun without the sun visors now huh
confused.png

I know they wanted to clooney and bullock's faces, but could have done it iron man style in those shots if they really needed to.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I read this on another forum. Kind of a general movie synopsis that you would read on the back of a DVD, but I think it's a spoiler at the same time.

Here it is in brackets for you.
Sandra Bullock plays Dr. Ryan Stone, a brilliant medical engineer on her first shuttle mission, with veteran astronaut Matt Kowalsky (George Clooney) in command of his last flight before retiring. But on a seemingly routine spacewalk, disaster strikes. The shuttle is destroyed, leaving Stone and Kowalsky completely alone--tethered to nothing but each other and spiraling out into the blackness. The deafening silence tells them they have lost any link to Earth...and any chance for rescue. As fear turns to panic, every gulp of air eats away at what little oxygen is left. But the only way home may be to go further out into the terrifying expanse of space.

The issue I personally have with that synopsis is the very last sentence. The basic fact is if you're lost in space, you're gone. That's it, game over. However, that line makes me feel like the movie will somehow have a happy ending. Some mystical shit is going to happen. Ok, I'm done venting.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database