Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
+
There's still time to flesh out the Drax story, having him killed/revived to come kill Thanos etc.
When Ronan tossed Drax into the pool of Celestial Spinal Fluid I was ready for Drax 2.0 to rise up and go on a murder rampage. I guess they can still reveal in the next movie that it altered him somehow.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Much like Sutekh and Richard Rider, I will literally jizz in my pants if Adam Warlock is the post-credits scene of Avengers 2. Well, or if he shows up in any other way, but that would be extra awesome if done that way. I'd expect him to show up (even if only briefly) in GotG2 at that point as well.

I know they can change these stories around just about any way they want, but if they want to stick to even just a little bit of authenticity, Warlock needs to be a significant part of how they defeat Thanos.

I wonder who they would get to play him if they did?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
When Ronan tossed Drax into the pool of Celestial Spinal Fluid I was ready for Drax 2.0 to rise up and go on a murder rampage. I guess they can still reveal in the next movie that it altered him somehow.
That's exactly what I thought too.

Lusiphur

Peasant
Some people will bitch about anything. Saw this on Thursday night, everyone in the whole cinema I was at was having a ball. What else do you want for fuck sake?
Great film, Marvel does it again. This one will do serious bank and that means we are just going to get more decent flicks in the next few years.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
The only marvel movies in the Disney batch I've really dug so far have been IM, Cap 2, and now this. Loved it a lot. Only rough spots to me were Zoe Saldana's acting and Drax
Not punching a hole through the accuser. Maybe Thanos.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I'm guessing not all hope is really lost on the Nova Corp, though I still think it would of been fun to see a bunch of rocketeers flying around but it could of all been apart of budget and plot idea(b team movie? successful? hah?). Making Nova Corps a cosmic power right off the bat could of maybe deground the story a little bit, I mean how would the Guardians really react to some Nova guys flying around already kicking ass or visversa having all this power just to look super weak. I think about it more and more and I think someone, somewhere, or something within the universe would get belittled by the idea of Nova already being such a powerhouse. It feels that with every character was very human, and earthly? aspect so giving Nova that power right off would of kinda been slightly off? iunno
Let alone the scene where they created the net to hold off the necro mothership, if it was the rocketeers, it would of been pretty brutal to watch all of em get smashed. But of course they could of written it a little differently disbanding and regaining ground, but it would take away from the triumphant Guardians

Original reason for posting was because I just read an interview from a week ago regarding some questions? I guess haha.
I know a lot of where I want to go. I have a lot of ideas for stories and characters that are going to appear, and there are documents written up, that some people have, about Peter Quill's father and his relationship, a lot of stuff about Yondu and a lot of stuff about Drax that nobody knows.

There are a lot of things that are part of the overall schematic that already exist, not to mention a lot of stuff about all of the cultures. There's a lot of stuff about Xandarian and Kree culture that I've written down or I have in my head, as well as Krylorians and Ravagers.
src:James Gunn on Guardians of the Galaxy 2 s father | Film Divider

and as the previous guy said, with the great deal of money this film is making and based off the depth of cast coming out of Avengers 2 alone, we could definitely be seeing a much bigger film come GotG2

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Much like Sutekh and Richard Rider, I will literally jizz in my pants if Adam Warlock is the post-credits scene of Avengers 2.
I think the problem us Nova fans have is that they kind of shit all over the Nova Corps. At least Adam Warlock has had what looks to be his cocoon shown twice now. At least there is a chance still for some Nova love, just need to get a movie announced. Kthx.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Nova Corp did seem rather pathetically weak compared to their comic book source. But as their origin story of how they started before the become THE Nova Corp would parallel Richard Riders journey as Nova over the years. There's a massive difference between Nova the Human Rocket and God Tier Nova Prime. Watching him transition from one to the next is the best part. I don't mind if that's how they play it with him and the Nova Corp. Sure they looked like a joke but then here comes Richard Rider and he helps craft them into the bad ass force they really are. Marvel is just hitting homeruns everywhere so I'll have some faith in them that they won't completely and utterly fuck up Nova.

And after seeing this movie? I just want more now. Considering where they could go with it I want a GotG sequel more than I want the Avengers sequel. My mind assplodes thinking of all the possibilities.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
One day...

Some of us have been waiting for a while. (yes that's the 1993 skybox set).

YNX0C6O.jpg
qzEU5cs.jpg

How is this for a family movie , my Son really wants to see this. He loved Avengers and wants to see this really bad , he is 7...and all he did after seeing Avengers was think he was all of them Combined and had a bow and arrow set with his cap shield and his hulk hands and was just spitting out explosion sounds and going bananas as he pummeled me with said weapons =). Mainly asking for the Gamora scenes and if there is any like really dark frighting scenes , he scares when it comes to really dark gloomy scenes and he doesnt admit it but i see it. I know its PG 13 but i still want to make sure he will sit through it and enjoy and not get frightened or freaked out due to maybe a side boob or something.

Dworkk

N00b
Loved this movie, it made me laugh even tho it hurt like hell to do so. (I just had open heart surgery on the 23rd of July) can't wait for part 2

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
How is this for a family movie , my Son really wants to see this. He loved Avengers and wants to see this really bad , he is 7...and all he did after seeing Avengers was think he was all of them Combined and had a bow and arrow set with his cap shield and his hulk hands and was just spitting out explosion sounds and going bananas as he pummeled me with said weapons =). Mainly asking for the Gamora scenes and if there is any like really dark frighting scenes , he scares when it comes to really dark gloomy scenes and he doesnt admit it but i see it. I know its PG 13 but i still want to make sure he will sit through it and enjoy and not get frightened or freaked out due to maybe a side boob or something.
There's some violence that might be scary for him. Space is dark and stuff. But Gamorah is remarkably tame in the movie. Drax does call her a green skinned whore, though he does it because he's her friend.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Spoilering just because, not sure if i'm 100% accurate for you Osiris, but I think it might guide you in the right direction?

All Kree scenes are pretty dark oriented, kinda similiar to the Dark Elves in Thor 3, few big boy words here and there. Most the explosions were pilot based, felt like something out of Starwars. Groot scenes were fantastically bright and beautiful for a tree. Both Rocket and Groot are definitely pretty kid friendly, aside from Rocket being hotheaded. Definitely an over all fun film, wouldn't be sure why your kid wouldn't like it but i'm also no longer a kid, definitely felt like one watching it though. A lot of dat ass shots for Gamora, at least thats what I noticed the most. The music tend to brighten a lot of it up though and set a very nice tone. If hes into techy batman oriented stuff or the outlaw vibe for cops and robbers, hes gonna love getting a Starlord helmet and two pistols.

/shrug iunno that helps haha.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Act 1 had some cheeziness and intro slowness, picked up in Act 2 and went full on Marvel movie feel for Act 3.

Well mentioned Avengers as a starting point and comparison , but sounds fine. Well he is 7 and watches cartoons and plays with toys and seeing a side boob might throw him off and wonder what that was and freak out into a series of question i dont care to answer to a 7 year old =). But thanks for the replies , I'm sure he and I will enjoy this immensely.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
It's very rare for me to want to see a movie in the theatre more than once. This is one of those times. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Non comic reader here, can't think of anything bad about it. An R rating maybe..naked pink chick from beginning.

Rocket and groot were awesome. Leg bit was great.