Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

Oldbased

> Than U
Typically a 2.5 month lag between being pulled and released but it is already slated for release prior to Xmas, my guess being around 9th or 16th, but 12th or 19th is also possible.
I just picked up CA2, Godzilla and Edge of Tomorrow and already sick of rotating those and the only other thing coming prior to GotG I want to see at all is 22 jump street which is Nov 18th.
GotG will probably be a vudu/uv early release in november however. Guess I'll just watch Property Brothers for 3 months.

Oldbased

> Than U
How so? The Vudu/UV thing?
I honestly use it due to UV. I share my account with 5 others, mine being the master. Everytime I buy a movie it goes into that cloud and they can all access it.
3 are family, 2 are friends and every so often they toss me a $5 or $10 each to access my collection of now 104 movies.
All said and done a $20 movie purchase usually ends up costing me about $5 and I can access it on my phone, all 3 tvs in house, my tablet/laptops and so forth.

Oldbased

> Than U
Well to be fair I normally don't watch that many series normally. Right now since everything is post summer or pre fall I only watch HGTV and DIY atm and movies. Tons of movies I've seen a hundred times before.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Okay. I'll concede. Robert Redford looks a lot like my dad. They are even about the same age. They were aging pretty much the same and then something happened. He looks like 15 years older than my dad when they are only like 3 years apart.

And there are some very unflattering pictures of him on GIS.
Little late haha, but is your dad my dad?! My dad is literally a spitting image Little Hoss and Big Halsy's Redford, little less now but damn close. They've definitely aged similar haha.

I was really hoping he would of manifested into the Redskull, but i'd assume its not cannon to comic I just know he repetitively shows up

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Haha guys my dad looks just like Robert Redford too! I guess since he's old and I'm young I look more like Robert Redford in his prime! Also I've noticed my penis looks just like Mandingo's! Isn't that crazy?!

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Haha guys my dad looks just like Robert Redford too! I guess since he's old and I'm young I look more like Robert Redford in his prime! Also I've noticed my penis looks just like Mandingo's! Isn't that crazy?!
Haha I sure thought it was! But he assured me it was perfectly normal and that what we were doing was also perfectly normal and I shouldn't tell anyone especially the police! Crazy right!?

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'm not hating, I enjoyed it broseph
I'm just saying there hasn't been any other movies worth watching since GoTG came out lol

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not hating but GoTG released at probably the best possible time window of the year from the looks of it. Combine a damn good movie with a total wasteland of anything else releasing and you have a true winner.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not hating but GoTG released at probably the best possible time window of the year from the looks of it. Combine a damn good movie with a total wasteland of anything else releasing and you have a true winner.
Guardians of the Galaxy - $306m
(+1w) Ninja Turtles - $181m
(+2w) Let's Be Cops - $73m
(+2w) Expendables 3 - $38m
(+3w) If I Stay - $45m
(+3w) Sin City 2 - $13m

Transformers 4 - $245m
(+1w) Tammy - $84m
(+2w) Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - $207m
(+3w) The Purge: Anarchy - $71m
(+4w) Lucy - $123m
(+4w) Hercules - $72m

I would say the competition was [supposed to be] roughly equal but both Expendables 3 and Sin City 2 tanked hard and there was no competition on Labor Day weekend (+4w) to compete with GotG. Even on its 7th weekend GotG pushed $8m while Transformers did $575k, so quality matters along with favorable line ups.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I thought the new sin city movie was pretty good but its not a block buster. I am kinda surprised expendables 3 tanked as badly as it did the first two made pretty good box office returns.

GoTG is something even my 76 year old mom liked its a fun adventure film and not grim dark like the latest batman movies or super man movie.

Oldbased

> Than U
Expendables 3 all said and done will probably bring back $110-120 million to the movie so it isn't going to make money really nor lose it. I couldn't find budget info for it.
Sin City though is going to be a disaster for someone.