Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Also Ego had said that he was alerted to Peter's presence / identity when he heard of a human that was able to hold an infinity stone and survive.

So having this be 3 years later would make it odd that they only meet up now.

Still when I was watching the film, it did feel odd the way that the year, at the start on earth, and then the 34 years later caption. it made me 2nd guess the maths. They could have found an 'easier' way to let us know that "oh by the way this is all right after the events of the first film"

Peter is flying his new spaceship that the Nova Corp built for him. He mentions some feature or device that's fitted to it and how he's only just learnt it's there, but then mentions how it's been 3 months since they gave me this thing and I'm still finding stuff.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I sincerely hope that this is the case. Fantastic Four was Marvel's first team comic. They've been trashed. Also, it opens the Marvel Universe to the other characters that are also owned by Fox. Marvel doesn't seem right with no Silver Surfer, Galactus or Dr Doom. Ego and the Watchers are supposed to be owned by Fox. That should be enough of a hint that something could be on the horizon.

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Cameo Suggest New Marvel-Fox Deal

I agree with this... especially with the direction they're going it would be nice to at least name drop and/or cameo Galactus. Silver Surfer is a pretty big part of this storyline as well. It needs to happen. Fox had plenty of chances and they pretty well bombed each time. It's a shame. They're really great characters and if I could pick any major bad guy to deal with following Thanos it would be Dr. Doom with Secret Wars. However, I doubt will get another chance at all these heroes in one film after Infinity Gauntlet / Thanos Quest / War whatever.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I enjoyed the movie. I think the largest difference between the 1st and 2nd movie for me was the music selection. It was as if the studio could not afford to pay the royalties for the great selection of music that could have been used. I really hope that now they get into some of the best that the 80's had to offer for the next movie. A great example of this would be how Iron Man used ACDC as his sound track.

EGO was a difficult opponent to write. There really was only one way to defeat him given that he was essentially a small god. I am surprised that EGO never even considered using any of the infinity stones in his process but I suppose then he would not have lived up to his name. I liked how they handled the Ravager's story line. This movie honestly felt like the second part too an origin movie. I give it an 8.5 that could have been a 9.5 with better music.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I agree with this... especially with the direction they're going it would be nice to at least name drop and/or cameo Galactus. Silver Surfer is a pretty big part of this storyline as well. It needs to happen. Fox had plenty of chances and they pretty well bombed each time. It's a shame. They're really great characters and if I could pick any major bad guy to deal with following Thanos it would be Dr. Doom with Secret Wars. However, I doubt will get another chance at all these heroes in one film after Infinity Gauntlet / Thanos Quest / War whatever.

Dr Doom is one of my favorite characters, DC or Marvel. He's not a bad guy, he's just misunderstood. I can remember when I was a kid, getting mad when he finally lost to the "hero." To not have him in the Marvel universe should be a considered a crime against humanity. And let's be real, when they are done with the Thanos story arc, there are very few villains that could fill his shoes. Hell, they just did Ultron in a stand alone movie. Who is left? Kang or Immortus?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I saw it last night, and totally loved it, very entertaining.

While I thought it was funny and very few if any of the jokes felt flat...I thought there were too much, not everything had to be a joke but it was. That was annoying somewhat but it was offset by the fact that it was always funny.

Really enjoyed it.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I think the music was a choice....it was much more "Funky" and "Emotional" than the Rock JAMZ from the first one.

Mr Blue Sky was t he only up beat tune, and that was just to give the opening scene some jazz. The rest played into the "deeper" theme. And they built a few scenes around the Brandy song.

So I guess I think the music was more of a choice than the first. First it was "lets grab 10 awesome songs" where here they tried to do a bit more meaning behind the song choices and t hat fell flat.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Wasn't quite as good as the first one, but still a really good movie. As has been said, the music wasn't quite as good (although fighting extradimensional monsters to Mr Blue Sky gets the nod of approval from me), and Ego's motives were a little too fuzzy, causing him to fall short as a villain. But on the other side, everything with Drax and Mantis was great, as was Rocket and Yondu's escape scene, and the golden douchebags were surprisingly entertaining as secondary villains.

• 1Like

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
i really want to know how many takes it took for the cast to NOT crack up when batista/drax goes, my nipples are sensitive... my wife cracked up at that line...

i think his character was great in this movie...

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i hated Ego's casting at first... still not too much of a fan of the decision, but after thinking about Quill's love for cheesy 80s action it makes sense i suppose...

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I never thought I would see a ship full of dudes get brutally murdered by a flying arrow set to "Come a Little Bit Closer", but here we are.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
You can't do Infinity Gauntlet w/o Surfer or Adam Warlock.

I disagree. Warlock has always been an ex machina in the comic world and I have even read his comic series. They would have been fine with using Vision in his current form for the Warlock role. As for Surfer, I want to see him crashing through Dr. Strange's roof but they could easily put something else in that scene. Hell even spiderman would work his spidey senses going crazy at the danger to the whole universe that ensues the moment Thanos puts on the infinity gauntlet.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I never thought I would see a ship full of dudes get brutally murdered by a flying arrow set to "Come a Little Bit Closer", but here we are.

this is when i chose to do my bathroom break :( could tell an extended action sequence was coming, and since Biscuit never keeps track of what happens while i'm gone for me, i decided to lose out on action instead of plot.

• 1Solidarity

DethBreth

Lord Nagafen Raider
this is when i chose to do my bathroom break :( could tell an extended action sequence was coming, and since Biscuit never keeps track of what happens while i'm gone for me, i decided to lose out on action instead of plot.

Great movie, I'm more complimenting your ogre battle picture.

• 1Solidarity

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I think it's just to allow for baby Groot. If it was 3 years later and he was still baby sized, we'd never get full grown Groot in the follow ups

It was also set so soon after the first one, according to Gunn, because part of the starting point for the characters was to be that they were still living on the high and a bit full of themselves from their success against Ronan.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Dr Doom is one of my favorite characters, DC or Marvel. He's not a bad guy, he's just misunderstood. I can remember when I was a kid, getting mad when he finally lost to the "hero." To not have him in the Marvel universe should be a considered a crime against humanity. And let's be real, when they are done with the Thanos story arc, there are very few villains that could fill his shoes. Hell, they just did Ultron in a stand alone movie. Who is left? Kang or Immortus?

They won't need anyone to fill Thanos' shoes for a while. They're probably going to scale back down the scope of the MCU movies for a while after Phase 3 is complete. They're even toying with the idea of not using phases anymore after 3 is done.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
They won't need anyone to fill Thanos' shoes for a while. They're probably going to scale back down the scope of the MCU movies for a while after Phase 3 is complete. They're even toying with the idea of not using phases anymore after 3 is done.

I want to see a two part Secret Wars movie, where the Beyonder summons the Xmen and FF from their universes, and throw them into ours. Also, Galactus and Doctor Doom.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
If you really like Dr. Doom, and not in the silly seahorn meme, kind of way, his title is actually one of the very very very few Marvel titles worth reading.
78557._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg

After the reboot Dr. Doom is for realz, a good guy. Like he's not force to be a good guy, he's not tricked or sorcery into being a good guy, he's one of the few people to remember that he created DoomWorld and it ultimately failed when he was God Emperor, so whats he going to do now?

He doesn't even have his famous scar anymore (reed got rid of it), and Since Stark is dead (ask for more info), Dr. Doom decides to be Iron Man and he's bringing all the evil super villians he worked with to justice.

Also since Reed is gone and Stark is dead, Banner is dead, Doom is now like top 5 smartest anything in the world, he was always top 2, just that the smart list is shrinking, he's basically the only OG smart guy left.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
If you really like Dr. Doom, and not in the silly seahorn meme, kind of way, his title is actually one of the very very very few Marvel titles worth reading.

I stopped reading that in #1, when he apologized to someone. Doom does not apologize.

• 1Like