Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I saw this again today. The end was a lot more emotional the second time around than the first. Really good.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I'm sure James Gunn will never say as much, but I have a feeling "Fox on the Run" was intended to be used in one of the "The Chain" sequences but they decided to swap it up in the editing process. It worked so well with some of the action sequences in the trailer...

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
One thing to think about with music...

This was the tape that she put together to be listened to after she died. So much less fun tunes and more songs to help him grieve.

I have no doubt Gunn went that deep into planning.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

I saw this again today. The end was a lot more emotional the second time around than the first. Really good.

They could have hit it home a bit more, but the end was very-very fast... He was dealing with a lot, he killed his father after learning his father killed his mother because "He loved her 2 much" - and then his adopted father sacrifices himself for him... also they poorly explained (didnt) why the ship had to take off and could not have waited to get them both, its not like it struggled to escape the void of a collapsing planet or somesuch nonsense - they just kinda floated there..

The best emotional scene for me was Draxx looking out at the lake, from the first movie and then this one we are used to Draxx and his way of doing things and we kinda get him, stoic and all that- but then Mantis just instantly starts balling and trying to compose herself and failing while Draxx just smiles.. to me that was better paced and put together.

• 1Solidarity

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
A friend of mine brought this up about one of the post credit scenes. There was a glow above the birthing pod. I looked it up, and it was the same color as the soul gem.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Presumably we have to have the Soul gem in play prior to Infinity War kicking off... so I don't think it can be in Adam Warlock.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Presumably we have to have the Soul gem in play prior to Infinity War kicking off... so I don't think it can be in Adam Warlock.

The glow above his pod is exactly the same color as the soul gem.

Where is the soul gem anyway right now? Are you assuming Heimdall?

Last edited:

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I figure either Heimdall or Hela. Thor: Ragnarok is the last 'cosmic-level' MCU entry** before the start of Infinity War so if it is going to show up it would have to be there.

** Black Panther is slated to release before Infinity War, but I don't see the Soul Gem chillaxing in Wakanda.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Thor 3 already seems too story packed to throw in some Adam warlock/soul gem switcheroo. Not saying it won't happen, and it would be the logical progression, just don't see how it could fit in

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Infinity War is being divided up into two movies basically, right? Could be the first movie will involve a race to get the soul gem before Thanos, so it's possible it won't be fully introduced till then.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, possibly, I could see Adam warlock being a big part of part 2. But there's no way Hela doesn't have the soul gem

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Infinity War is being divided up into two movies basically, right? Could be the first movie will involve a race to get the soul gem before Thanos, so it's possible it won't be fully introduced till then.

One of the most interesting comic series I ever read was the precursor to Infinity Gauntlet. I hope they do something like that in the movies. Thanos was the protagonist of the story, on his quest to assemble the gauntlet.

250px-Tq1.gif

• 1Solidarity

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Thor 3 already seems too story packed to throw in some Adam warlock/soul gem switcheroo. Not saying it won't happen, and it would be the logical progression, just don't see how it could fit in

The timing is off, unfortunately. It would seem as GoTG2 introduced Adam Warlock as their next movie villain. But GoTG3 isn't planned before Infinity Gauntlet.

sneakyflute

Golden Squire
Yondu's development really resonated with me, but I felt like Ego's story arc was way too epic to shorehorn into this movie.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yondu's development really resonated with me, but I felt like Ego's story arc was way too epic to shorehorn into this movie.
just because you kidnap a 10 yr old, that does not make you his dad. That is gross.
Tell that to Mother Gothel as well.

Also, should we be calling the FBI?

Ryanz

<Banned>
As someone who is pretty critical of movies in general I was worried when I read some of the criticisms about this film and went into the theater with a lowered expectation because of it. I'm not sure if that worked to the movies advantage or not, but I have to say that I enjoyed myself quite a bit. Forced humor is one of those pet peeves of mine that I just can't stand much of until I just write the movie off completely. There was a lot of cheesy humor, yes, but it's nothing above and beyond what you've already seen in the first, and should have come to expect in a sequel. I think there was only one time I rolled my eyes at a scene, the rest of the time I found the humor to be pretty funny (alcohol might have helped a bit). Could the movie been a little less cheesy at times? Sure. Maybe a little less baby groot? Probably. Some catchier music? Maybe. All in all though the movie hit a lot of the right chords. It packed a lot of emotions in a 2 hour film. If you liked the first movie, you'll enjoy this one.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Drax is #1 guardian.

They went too ham with baby groot, could have used a little less of him. I imagine the marketing people saw piles and piles of cash with him.

Only thing I really didnt like was Yandu's death. Why exactly did the ship not just come pick them up?

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Drax is #1 guardian.

They went too ham with baby groot, could have used a little less of him. I imagine the marketing people saw piles and piles of cash with him.

Only thing I really didnt like was Yandu's death. Why exactly did the ship not just come pick them up?

I got the impression it was a pretty big ship, so maybe their rationale was it wasn't an atmospheric ship.

But then rogue one had a star destroyer maybe a mile from the surface on that stupid Jedi temple planet, so whatever.

Movie was pretty solid. Didn't equal the first, but still quite enjoyable.