Guild Wars 2

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I could see mounts being added to vanilla just like gliding was, but i really think it will break the game and won't be added for awhile. Especially in some of the original larger maps, will make the world map completion super easy.

Depends on how mounts work really. I would go with something not or barely faster then running with speed boosts, but cannot be snared or dismounted by regular attacks, just specific abilities meant to do so. Also, making world completion super easy is probably not something they need to worry about. A) it is super easy as is and B) they'd probably actually want that.

chorboy

Silver Knight of the Realm
Well different undeads, and I guess there might be some alliance with Joko temporarily at least, or maybe there's multiple factions of undead after what happened. It shouldn't make sense to have much of anything still alive over there though. And obviously all the crystal dragon spawn stuff. Kinda interested in seeing how they do the lore with this as it's related to GW1, but have little interest in the game anymore either.
I'm pretty sure that the new little dragon Aurene who is a baby of Glint, the lieutenant of Kralkatorrik. Will end up absorbing all of Kralk's power, it was revealed in the last living world story that we basically put primordus and jormag "to sleep". Long story short little asura, Taimi, tries to create a machine to make the dragons fight each other, balthazar shows up and takes the machine it explodes and both dragons go to bed.

Which leaves the final dragon, Kralkatorrik where we are going. I predict that we will handle the dragon early on in the expansion and make Joko the main target of the expansion as an antagonist because this entire game up to this point is yay dragons fuckining up the single continent when everyone wants Cantha and Nightfall zones to come back. Also having a dragon's power shift to a dragon on our side is an easy way to further the story.

if the Dervish returns I'm all in. This definitely seems like the right direction to take things.
No new classes are slated for the expansion, just more elite specs. Unless it's still in its infancy stage that it's not available to any testers and just the devs themselves, but seeing as how terrible revenant was implemented i'm not sure i would want them to ruin the dervish class.

chorboy

Depends on how mounts work really. I would go with something not or barely faster then running with speed boosts, but cannot be snared or dismounted by regular attacks, just specific abilities meant to do so. Also, making world completion super easy is probably not something they need to worry about. A) it is super easy as is and B) they'd probably actually want that.
The mounts have combat abilities themselves, so you can fight people. I know one "jumps" based off the leaps of a mastery saying it leaps further. I can imagine them saying we are going to add these to core tyria as a selling point. Yes it is easy, but look at how much easier gliding made completing the core tyria world and it made people who don't have HoT wanting to buy it.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
That sucks. If I ever burn out on WoW I am coming back to this with a bullet, dervish or no. Dervish would have just quickly accelerated the burnout, hehe.

Did you say Balthazar came back? I thought the gods had all gone? Man I need to catch up on the story, I stopped at the end of Heart of Thorns. Always enjoyed the lore and story around guild wars and guild wars 2.

chorboy

That sucks. If I ever burn out on WoW I am coming back to this with a bullet, dervish or no. Dervish would have just quickly accelerated the burnout, hehe.

Did you say Balthazar came back? I thought the gods had all gone? Man I need to catch up on the story, I stopped at the end of Heart of Thorns. Always enjoyed the lore and story around guild wars and guild wars 2.
Yeah, so quick lore recap:

Season 3 starts with all of us exploring aftermath of HoT a bit, going back to Rata Sum and then we go to look at a surge in energy at a bloodstone then it explodes on the way there. We find out that a mursaat named Lazarus (same one as from gw1) has come back while we are in pursuit of Caudecus. Episode 2 takes us to the fire island chain to explore more mursaat shit/find out more about Primordus, Episode 3 takes us to the northern shiverpeaks so we can find out about Jormag. Episode 4 reveals Lazarus isn't actually a mursaat but a fake and we kill Caudecus. Episode 5 basically reveals Lazaarus as balthazar and we blow him up with the machine, we aren't quite sure yet if he is alive? Aurene is kinda thrown in there all over (glint's baby) and we kinda nurture it as it grows.

But we only have 1 more episode in the next 2-3 months then xpac.

I'd guess the xpac is coming in october to november range as that is two years from HoT.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Faltigoth

well shit I am definitely going to have to play through all those soon. thanks for the recap.

chorboy

well shit I am definitely going to have to play through all those soon. thanks for the recap.
Season 3 is by far the best season that there has been, not to mention one of the things i've wanted most is more locations to go. Since launch before season 3 the only new place we got to go to was the Maguuma jungle, yet now we have been to fire islands, shiverpeaks, new kryta zone, etc.

Treesong

Awesome, thanks for the leaks. Looks like Soulbeast will be the new Elite Spec for Ranger, and seems to revolve around the pet, looking at the Icons of the skills. Nice! Never liked Druid, always wanted more pet Power. It also looks like some of the Mount Masteries will make travel a bit less cumbersome. I like the mastery where you can see hostile foes on your minimap.

Tbh, I was hoping for something like a Henchmen or Hero system for instanced content like Dungeons, but I guess that will never happen.

But I am still looking forward to this a lot. Seems like those Mounts will keep me busy for a long time, need 66 Mastery Points for the 5 mounts alone. :)

chorboy

Awesome, thanks for the leaks. Looks like Soulbeast will be the new Elite Spec for Ranger, and seems to revolve around the pet, looking at the Icons of the skills. Nice! Never liked Druid, always wanted more pet Power. It also looks like some of the Mount Masteries will make travel a bit less cumbersome. I like the mastery where you can see hostile foes on your minimap.

Tbh, I was hoping for something like a Henchmen or Hero system for instanced content like Dungeons, but I guess that will never happen.

But I am still looking forward to this a lot. Seems like those Mounts will keep me busy for a long time, need 66 Mastery Points for the 5 mounts alone. :)
I believe it actually "fuses" the ranger with the pet, so no more bullshit pet. Which will make me wanna play my ranger again ~

Treesong

I believe it actually "fuses" the ranger with the pet, so no more bullshit pet. Which will make me wanna play my ranger again ~
Ouch, so shapeshifting? I don't like that at all. Too Druidic for my taste, I love my pet being a separate entity that I can control to wreak havoc. :)

I am lazy so if I shapeshift, I have to do it all myself. :( Somebody at Anet must love Druids.

Last edited:

chorboy

Ouch, so shapeshifting? I don't like that at all. Too Druidic for my taste, I love my pet being a separate entity that I can control to wreak havoc. :)

I am lazy so if I shapeshift, I have to do it all myself. :( Somebody at Anet must love Druids.
I don't think so, i just think it flat out gives the ranger stats and their pets give them various passive buffs, like tiger will give pulsing fury instead of having to press X every 10 seconds. Also I don't think you will be able to run the old elite spec and the new one because you can only run elite specs in the third bar in the build tree. Meaning you can only be druid or this new class. Obviously no one will pick this new class because grace of the land is just too good not to run. I really hope they go back and rework all the old elites/make these new ones worthwhile to use over the old ones.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
The sword alone for the ele might get me back, depends if the entire expansion fucks you into rolling with a group or not.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Is there a target date for this? I never even got the first expac, but I do like the idea of swording things.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I agree but with the new specs it seems much more fluid running dungeons and groups, at least much better than it was in vanilla.