Guild Wars 2

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Treesong

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Been playing since season 3 episode 3 and it's a blast to play! I do not regret buying the Heart of Thorns expansion. Very casual friendly with lots of stuff going on. The living story with content every two months seem like a nice way to keep the interest up.

For the EU-noobs there's a nice group of people called GW2community that hosts activities every day (bosses, achievements/HoT-zones). Good way to catch up :)

Yes they are great. I managed to do the Triple Wurm event with them several times and get all the Mastery Achievement points for them. This event has always been a huge hurdle for the community as far as open world PvE goes, but with them it was fun and easy. As long as you listen to the instructions. :) At least for this event you have to listen in on Teamspeak, which is where they organize and start the event.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Only took them what feels like another 3 years. They really must be down to a skeleton crew by now or already developing something new. If the first Lineage makes more money than GW2 I can't imagine Anet having a lot of staff still working on the game.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Only took them what feels like another 3 years. They really must be down to a skeleton crew by now or already developing something new. If the first Lineage makes more money than GW2 I can't imagine Anet having a lot of staff still working on the game.
I thought the cosmetics sell pretty well ? That they are working on another expansion is kinda given, hopefully they take it in another direction than zonewide events cycling every hour or two that you can grind until your fingers fall off.

That reminds me I didn't even finish the expansion's main story, not to mention the extra chapters...

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Probably half their team have been working on the expansion since the last one, they said around 80 a few months after. Most of the rest have been working on living story and raids, wvw is obviously on skeleton crew spvp probably is too now. The last quarter was their lowest ever, although people say that's because the game isn't selling as much but the shop is still strong. Still find it funny they sold legendary weapons 2.0 with the expansion but they won't be done till into the second expansion. The roadmap now is living story every 2-3 months episode 1-6, then expansion, repeat.

Also next living story is expected to have the HoT zone type meta events, I'm sure the expansion will too.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I wonder if they learned anything from their first expansion. I might buy another expansion if they get back to a feeling of exploration and discovery. HoT was a total flop as far as I'm concerned.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I was still playing casually when the expansion came around. I purchased, patched, and after a week, I've been logging in only every 2 months when a chapter comes around to unlock it "just in case".

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I wonder if they learned anything from their first expansion. I might buy another expansion if they get back to a feeling of exploration and discovery. HoT was a total flop as far as I'm concerned.
Exactly my thoughts, they felt like the game needed Orr on crack or some semblance of endgame grind, but everybody loved the 1-80 world. The shift from solo exploration to "bring a group or you are fucked" was also pretty jarring.

chorboy

Silver Knight of the Realm
Entire xpac leaked.

Going to Vabbi (Nightfall xpac from gw1)

Mounts confirmed.

New Elite specs.

5 Zones that are about x2 the size of each HoT zone.

Going to be lower pricing than HoT.

Screenshot of the maps. I tried to upload the entire folder but they are taking down every post about it on imgur via copyright claim so i'd assume that is real.

chorboy

Also Copy from AMA, about leaks/expansion.
I hope you’re all enjoying the big reveal today – that is, the big reveal in episode five!

Some of you are looking for more reveals today, reading anything you can find about the next expansion pack. I’m glad you’re so excited about what’s coming. But keep in mind you have the potential to spoil yourself pretty hard. Spoilers take away the delightful surprises from upcoming announcements and releases, and more importantly they also take away the reveals that you’d otherwise get to experience fresh as you play through the content. If you want to spoil yourself, to open all your presents early, that’s a choice you make for yourself, but do me a favor and don’t make it for other people. Things can quickly become common knowledge around map chat, guild chat, Reddit, etc., and then it gets to the point where no one gets to be surprised and delighted as they play through the game. And, after all, games are meant to be played.

While we’re talking, there’s another thing I’ll ask for your help with. You love the game: then get the word out. Not just today, with the release of episode five, but whenever there are things to talk about. I know many of you look to us to keep the game’s player base strong through paid advertising, but there’s only so much that paid advertising can do for GW2 in 2017 when most people made their buy-or-don’t-buy decision back in 2012. What brings new players to an older game isn’t the advertising but the buzz, excitement, press coverage, word-of-mouth. And specifically, that buzz has to happen in the places where the people who aren’t already playing the game are hanging out. If you only talk about the game in /r/guildwars2, and if you use /r/guildwars2 to spread leaks and rumors, thus muting our ability to make news elsewhere when we make announcements, you make it tough for us to keep reaching new players. But, you’ve shown as a community that you can be great evangelists for the game when you want to be. I hope you’ll rally together to help us get the word out … on days like today when there’s a big release … and of course when we reveal the next expansion pack, even if by then it feels like old news to some of you. ;)

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Well they really needed to bring out something everybody loved, so Vabbi makes sense. That said, it's supposed to be filled with undead since Joko took over, so we have Orr on crack ?

chorboy

Well they really needed to bring out something everybody loved, so Vabbi makes sense. That said, it's supposed to be filled with undead since Joko took over, so we have Orr on crack ?
I just hope the story isn't as terrible as HoT's was

Treesong

I wonder what they will do with mounts. Getting around Tyria is pretty easy with all the waypoints and speedbuffs. The most annoying thing about getting around (especially in HoT) is the constant aggro you get, especially by mobs that have a ranged attack, so if being Mounted would avoid that then I can see a good use for Mounts. Apart from cosmetics off course. But if you constantly get unmounted everytime a mob hits you then I do not see the use.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I wonder what they will do with mounts. Getting around Tyria is pretty easy with all the waypoints and speedbuffs. The most annoying thing about getting around (especially in HoT) is the constant aggro you get, especially by mobs that have a ranged attack, so if being Mounted would avoid that then I can see a good use for Mounts. Apart from cosmetics off course. But if you constantly get unmounted everytime a mob hits you then I do not see the use.

If there are roads and mob free spaces, I can see a good case for mounts, especially with a bit more spaced waypoints. HoT is literally packed with mobs in every nook and cranny and very vertical, but Vabbi is supposed to be mostly flat and civilized for ages. If they deleted 50% of waypoints in vanilla and added mounts, the game would still hold up.

chorboy

Word on the street is the new maps are going to be massive for that reason with little waypoints so it forces people to have to experience large scale maps. I for one love this idea, it's one of the worst parts of HoT. It's impossible to get anywhere without waypointing because i die being slowed and ass fucked by 9 different mobs on the way. My elementalist gets 1shot by the mushrooms being thrown at me, and when i have 2-3 following me i for sure die.

chorboy

If there are roads and mob free spaces, I can see a good case for mounts, especially with a bit more spaced waypoints. HoT is literally packed with mobs in every nook and cranny and very vertical, but Vabbi is supposed to be mostly flat and civilized for ages. If they deleted 50% of waypoints in vanilla and added mounts, the game would still hold up.
I could see mounts being added to vanilla just like gliding was, but i really think it will break the game and won't be added for awhile. Especially in some of the original larger maps, will make the world map completion super easy.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well different undeads, and I guess there might be some alliance with Joko temporarily at least, or maybe there's multiple factions of undead after what happened. It shouldn't make sense to have much of anything still alive over there though. And obviously all the crystal dragon spawn stuff. Kinda interested in seeing how they do the lore with this as it's related to GW1, but have little interest in the game anymore either.

Faltigoth

if the Dervish returns I'm all in. This definitely seems like the right direction to take things.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
if the Dervish returns I'm all in. This definitely seems like the right direction to take things.
Now that's one thing that would have me come back instantly, sadly I have a feeling he will be a hero class or they will neuter him severely.