Guild Wars 2

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
When I say I'm not finding it fun, I really mean the Necro. The actual game, storylines, collectibles, etc I really am enjoying. Just looking for something more interesting than the current 'spam marks on the ground' that I seem to be doing.
The necro definitely has some ramp up time with leveling but there comes a point in time where you find your build, weapon set, etc. and things just click. You essentially become a beast in PvE, sPvP, and WvW. The class isn't for everyone and initially, I was also turned off by it. Glad I stuck through it though as it ended up becoming one of 2 main classes (other being the elementalist). I used scepter/dagger for leveling on the Necro but axe is great too, while using staff for group play.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I need to go back and play my necro some. I got really fucking bored with my Guardian because I think I was looking for a knight tank and that just didnt mesh well with that game. I never did like the majority of that class' feel.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The necro definitely has some ramp up time with leveling but there comes a point in time where you find your build, weapon set, etc. and things just click. You essentially become a beast in PvE, sPvP, and WvW. The class isn't for everyone and initially, I was also turned off by it. Glad I stuck through it though as it ended up becoming one of 2 main classes (other being the elementalist). I used scepter/dagger for leveling on the Necro but axe is great too, while using staff for group play.
Thanks for the info. I think I'll give scepter/dagger a shot. I've really only done staff so far.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
New instance is pretty awesome, first boss is one of the harder fights I saw in the game. I really like how they moved to more structured encounters instead of dodging random abilities. They also started utilizing jumping a lot more, I'm so used to encounters being on a single level it caught me really off guard. Overall the game just keeps getting better imo.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
AoE looting. Nice. I really need to level up in this game.

Kasted_sl

shitlord
Went through the sky pirate instance last night and it was alot of fun. Felt like a real accomplishment to get it done, especially with a lvl 37 in the group and the rest 80s.

I really like the bi-weekly and weekly updates they've been cranking out the last few months. While some of the new content can be a bit meh, often enough there is something in the update that will keep me amused for a good bit.

One other thing this game needs to be praised for is the total lack of any downtime. While a portion of the game (WvW or sPvP) may be down for a little bit, they have less downtime in close to a year than all of the other games may have in a month.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
One other thing this game needs to be praised for is the total lack of any downtime. While a portion of the game (WvW or sPvP) may be down for a little bit, they have less downtime in close to a year than all of the other games may have in a month.
They said in the past that, in the seven years that Guild Wars has been around, total downtime has been about 32 hours. The longest it was ever down was when they moved the database to a new data center, which accounts for roughly a fourth of the total downtime. It's really amazing when you consider it is about 4-5 hours of downtimeper year, especially when many MMOs have easily racked up far more than that in a single week. Hell, some have exceeded GW1's total downtime in as little of a period.

And yet, they've said they want"to do better"with Guild Wars 2.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
My elementalist was anally raped again.

I thougth so as well but the might stacking build is tits for PVE and the air burst build is kickass for SPVP.

They also stealth added these mustaches in the patch to go with the monocles.
ZVBUsjh
<----embed isn't working on that image, so here's the linkhttp://imgur.com/ZVBUsjh

and they show up outside of armor.
O24kquk.png

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Might stacking would be sweet if they ever fixed the 6pc bonus on Superior Runes of Strength.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Anyone on here still playing on Sea of Sorrows? Could use some buddies to clear dungeons and stuff.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
I always preferred boon duration over might stacking for an elementalist as you could easily reach the 25 stacks that you need but you'd also be able to have regen, swiftness, vigor, fury etc.
(ie: 2 Superior Runes of Water, 2 Superior Runes of the Monk, 2 Major Runes of Monk, Water or Sanctuary)

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I always preferred boon duration over might stacking for an elementalist as you could easily reach the 25 stacks that you need but you'd also be able to have regen, swiftness, vigor, fury etc.
(ie: 2 Superior Runes of Water, 2 Superior Runes of the Monk, 2 Major Runes of Monk, Water or Sanctuary)
It's way less good now that they nerfed bountiful whateverthefuck.

Dryst_sl

shitlord
So, I quit GW2 a couple of months after release. I got extremely bored once I hit 80 with the lack of loot. I'm interested in the new content, i'm not sure if it can hold my attention though if there still isn't that feeling of loot progression. Has this changed at all, or is it pretty much the same GW2 from launch?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
There's loot. It's a bit of a grind to get all the ascended items and perfect runes for your setup.