Guild Wars 2

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
6 month cut off sucks...
frown.png
Of all the fucking things to complain about. You pick a 6 month refund policy for a MMO?

frown.png

frown.png

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
lol yup, must love WoW because I want healers. WoW only mmo to have healers, they actually invented the healer. I see with all the forum moves Troxx hasn't gained an ounce of intelligence, then again that pathetic guy probably thinks he's actually right most of the time, almost makes me feel bad.

Dude what? most take 20min. The new fractals are like 10min per fractal, 30min for full run. they are huge cash, some of the best looking gear.
And that one shot dude was super easy to avoid. Its highly telegraphed.
You're clearly talking about some mythical time that existed after I long quit the game. Because no, it was not easily avoidable as he was pulling people from the zone line and one shotting them. and no the dungeon did not take anywhere near 20/30 minutes it was ~1hr for a full clear in a fall group of people that had their level reduced (lol) for the dungeon.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Only Arah paths take an hour. And what fight are you talking about getting one shotted in?

Sancus

Trakanon Raider
I find it a bit odd that they're allowing refunds past 30 days after the game went live, but whatever, it's extremely unlikely this has any impact on their bottom line and no one should give a shit if the few people who legitimately think the game wasn't worth the box cost give up their right to play it indefinitely for their 60 bux back.

There are millions of people playing GW2 and enjoying it, and I don't regret spending $150 on my CE, the statue is awesome and is worth at least $200-300(relative to how much similar polystone statues usually cost). They earned my money, and I support studios that are actually trying to do something interesting rather than just shitting out typical F2P WoW clone garbage. I'm not saying GW2 was 100% successful, it has plenty of problems, but to pretend that arena.net didn't accomplish something relative to 95% of the MMOs released since WoW is silly. FWIW I don't regret the money I spent on Rift either(even though it was 90% WoW clone garbage and 10% creativity ruined by bad designers) and I think GW2 has been far more successful than Rift. 10% creativity is still something to be proud of in this bankrupt genre.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Just did 4 hours of the snowball ctf game and had a blast.

This game really dropped the ball on WvW, but some of the games and jumping puzzles they put out are amazing.

Soriak_sl

shitlord
Of all the fucking things to complain about. You pick a 6 month refund policy for a MMO?
It won't keep me up at night... I just thought this was a new thing and found out I wasn't eligible for it. I learned my lesson with respect to not paying for betas, though. From now on, I wait for the public beta or until there's a 30 day trial.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just dont see how someone didn't get their box price out of it. Especially anyone on these forums, where you had no excuse for not knowing what the game was about and how it played. Otherwise it had to be literally going in already hating it , you hate every game(old grumpy guy) or you did your best to not get the 60 dollars worth.

the only other thing I can see is people just being greedy bitches, who actually had fun or played for 1-3 months , did everything and now just want the money back but say they "didn't get their monies worth". And its a wonder consumers are a joke.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
I just dont see how someone didn't get their box price out of it. Especially anyone on these forums, where you had no excuse for not knowing what the game was about and how it played. Otherwise it had to be literally going in already hating it , you hate every game(old grumpy guy) or you did your best to not get the 60 dollars worth.

the only other thing I can see is people just being greedy bitches, who actually had fun or played for 1-3 months , did everything and now just want the money back but say they "didn't get their monies worth". And its a wonder consumers are a joke.
Pretty much spot on. And when ArenaNet fires half their dev team and scales back new content, they'll be too busy in the Next Next Next Next Big Thing thread anyway.

Caliane

Awesome. I am completely incompetent at that kind of stuff. Follow the colors as they appear great. Actually remember/figure out notes? lol nope.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
The event instance is pretty awesome, rampaging through little trees and buildings is so much fun

Caliane

Engis got a huge buff. They are all freaking out about grenades. Morons.

Rifle/tk/discharge going to be the new hotness I think. Sigil of battle likely.

huge buff to sitting duck trait, and running around with 9 stacks of might you didnt before.

stankwoo

Silver Knight of the Realm
Quick question - is there any population issues for a new player? I saw on a video the quests involved a lot of people, was wondering since the rush is over with if there are still events/quests going on or are doable without lots of other low level players.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Quick question - is there any population issues for a new player? I saw on a video the quests involved a lot of people, was wondering since the rush is over with if there are still events/quests going on or are doable without lots of other low level players.
In terms of difficulty, nearly all of the zone events can be soloed and many that can't can be done with 2-3 people (there aren't many of these, maybe one per zone or so). Several of the Orr Events (the "end-game PvE zones") require groups and depending on the server the population may or may not be there. The issue isn't regarding the difficulty of the events but the population per map to spawn them. The DE's are either on a timer, triggered by npc interaction, triggered by event success or failures, or triggered by special means such as an emote or saying a special phrase in a specific area. You can still personally trigger all of these events, but the problem is you'll have to basically do the work yourself if the population is low or non-existent in the zone your in (which won't take long and isn't hard but you'll probably miss a handful of events you never knew existed). If the zone is highly populated there is a better chance that people are doing these interactions for you so you can go from event to event with ease.

The last time I read about PvE server populations on Reddit was about 3 weeks ago or so for NA, maybe longer. Most of the servers have very low lower end PvE populations right now, but a few people were reporting that a handful of servers still seemed full. I think Blackgate was one of those servers named. My friends on HoD tell me the population there is low and SoS where I am now for the week seems equally dead. You can always change servers every 7 days if you pick the wrong one, but the wait will suck.

And after 1,000 gifts I still haven't found an Unbreakable Bell :/

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I don't think there's any event you can't do with like 5 people with the exception of Orr temples and dragons. With good coordination maybe you could pull off those too, thanks to dynamic scaling, but either I was alone or there was a zerg. If you are having problems with something, asking in map chat can do wonders, just link nearby waypoint and people seem surprisingly eager to help strangers. The problem with PvE is that most events aren't worth it, unless they give chest or spawn swarms of normal mobs which you just tag for loot and that's where you make money - 30+ lvl 80 bags can net you a 1-2 gold, depends on how lucky you get. Also classes aren't exactly equal, think tanks in WoW soloing most 3man group quests and so on, thief with 12s stealth can ninja just about any chest or resource node, warriors just mow down everything and poor casters get bent over.

stankwoo

Silver Knight of the Realm
Does it matter what server I roll on? I was just going to pick one with Very High population.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
No, you can transfer every 7 days, but the downside is that you can only play on a single server at a time