Hades (Supergiant Games)

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I'm not sure what you're getting at, you are aware that you can use Titan's Blood to unlock different aspects for each weapon right? For instance, using the Aspect of Guan Yu for the spear and getting Athena deflect boons + Daedalus hammer spin speed and size upgrades makes that weapon braindead easy to use and wipes out entire maps in no time flat while making you nearly invincible.

Was just joking around, I don’t expect a list like that from you. I just don’t remember which abilities pair well with which weapons as I haven’t played in several months. I played a lot shortly after EA but I stopped and have been waiting for full release. I’ll figure it out again when I start playing again.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I was just pointing out that there isn't really a tier list for the Infernal Arms per se. It would have to be an Aspect tier list. And different people are going to find different Weapon/Aspect combos powerful and easier to use.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Hrmm had to think about it but weapon ranks best to worst is:

Gauntlets
Shield
Bow
Spear
Sword
Cannon

but really it all depends on what upgrades you get, there is a few for the sword that makes it god tier but that can be said about any weapon. I had a cannon build where the special shot hit most of the map multiple times and poisoned on each hit.
This game highs are high where you feel OP as fuck and other times you struggle to kill armored mobs and the lows just feels bad man.
I would have also placed cannon last until Lucifer aspect. I aim for zues or dio on attack and it's my second highest heat weapon behind gauntlets. Those runs can be a chore if you spread your boon levels too thin though. Takes forever for stuff to go down by elysium.

I think I mentioned it previously, but I stacked dodge chance one run with gauntlets and finished extreme measures styx boss with all lives. I was able to be super sloppy and only half heartedly dash out of the way because my dodge chance was stupid high (direct dodge boon from hermes, call dodge 10 sec buff boon from hermes, lambent plume stacked up to 20+%). I don't know if there's a hard or soft cap, but I probably could've finished that run on 32 heat.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not sure if I suck at these games or just getting used to everything, but finally got Meg after 18 attempts. Probably made it to her 6 or 7 of those times.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Not sure if I suck at these games or just getting used to everything, but finally got Meg after 18 attempts. Probably made it to her 6 or 7 of those times.

I suck at these games too. Try using the shield with the charge up attack. Being able to block damage with that really helps.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Using a controller and putting darkness into the mirror makes it much easier to play. The shield is the only weapon that lets you block and completely mitigate damage instead of needing to dash out of the way.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
I actually found a mouse and keyboard better for this game. I don't like having to aim ranged weapons on a controller. The cannon in particular, given that its most powerful enhancement is the boons/daedalus for its special.

Personally I like every weapon and am at the point where I feel it's mostly about the Daedalus you get early. I've beaten Hades about 12 times and completed the +16 burn challenge. My two strongest runs were with the shield and the cannon.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I can’t remember how many total attempts I am up to, 30 maybe? Maybe less. But I can consistently reach Hades with any weapon, some easier than other depending on RNG. Still haven’t beaten the bastard though. Had a perfect run going with Cannon and stupidly did the 1 for 2 anvil in Styx. Removed my Infinity Chamber for something trash. Got Hades down to like 10% and got caught in a stupid mistimed dash.

Nate

Molten Core Raider
If you can’t beat it, you aren’t using the dash attack enough. I beat it every play through at this point, have beat it with every weapon, pretty much exclusively use the dash attack.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Would be my GOTY if it weren't for HL:Alex. Nonetheless, this game is a masterpiece and I find myself grinding out the cosmetic stuff just for fun even though I have little left to do. It's rare for me to look forward to getting off work and playing a game nowadays, but this is one of those rare instances.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
If you're struggling in the early going before you get enough mirror unlocks to make yourself more powerful try focusing on Athena boons whenever you can. Her dash boon especially. Being able to deflect while dashing helps mitigate a lot of incoming damage. Double dash unlocked through the mirror makes it even better. One of her boons also gives you an extra life.

Early on it's hard to beat her boons no matter what weapon you are using.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
If you can’t beat it, you aren’t using the dash attack enough. I beat it every play through at this point, have beat it with every weapon, pretty much exclusively use the dash attack.

To be fair I also only just started using Cast as well. The little one / three shot standard Cast was so underwhelming it took forever for me to test out the Laser builds or Smoke build. Last run I had a few upgrades and they were doing 500+ per toss, plus stun, plus 20% dmg reduction. No final aspects unlocked yet either.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have grown attached to the 2nd bow form. The one where your normal attack makes your rapid fire arrow special all home in on the target. That + using some titan blood to upgrade the amount of arrows the special shoots + hammer upgrade that increases the number of arrows in your special + all the lightning Zeus can give you literally melts anything extremely fast.

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I suck equally with everything. 60 attempts, no wins. Lost a few times to Hades. Hard fight, I think I got his mechanics now though.

Saw a youtube of a speedrun with the cannon, the guy's dash strike was hitting 841 base and over 2000 on crit.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I suck equally with everything. 60 attempts, no wins. Lost a few times to Hades. Hard fight, I think I got his mechanics now though.

Saw a youtube of a speedrun with the cannon, the guy's dash strike was hitting 841 base and over 2000 on crit.

Had my first win last night with attempt 38. Was pretty tipsy and coasting through with fists. Got an early dodge strike +50% damage or so, Attack causes Hangover, and Special is added to attack chain. Oh and the Hades sawblade thing at dash. The plume was at 30% dodge by the end and with +1 dodge Boon I was just smoking rooms. Barely lost any life on Hades at all. Just dashed around him dropping blades and face punching him, dropped a couple of Ultimate Demeters as well.

Now to figure out this new stuff and how to farm Bloods and Diamonds efficiently to unlock stuff.

Really just amazing how well the actual story stuff is incorporated in to it being a Roguelite. Everything is awesome. The flavor texts the characters. It is just a solid single player experience wrapped in the random dungeon challenge.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Slowly making my way through every weapon now. Have done up through bone hydra on sword, gauntlets and bow. It’s true some boons make things faceroll easy and others are like hard mode.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Some boons are universally good - athena dash, poseidon cast, hermes +X dashes off the top of my head.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I made it to Theseus and the Minotaur tonight. Almost got them, but I died right at the end. Using dash correctly is critical in this game, and the more I use boons to upgrade dash, the better my runs have become. I still think I like the fists the most, especially after using the titan blood to upgrade them. I'm also liking the sword more now that it's upgraded as well. I want to try and upgrade the bow next, as I think the game would be even easier with a ranged item. The canon is okay, I just wish it had better distance on it, and that you could reload the damn thing before it hits zero (that is really annoying).