Hades (Supergiant Games)

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Im at 40 escape attempts without beating it yet. I am not grinding a specific weapon though, I'm going through the first two areas with every weapon first... and haven't upgraded anything yet either.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Beat it for the first time, basically got a massive combo setup on damage with the shield and went full on frontal assault for Hades. Attack had chill, special had weak, special gave next 2 attacks +80%, couple Chaos bonuses, every attack sent a seeking arrow, deflect on dash, deflect also causes expose, weak also causes +damage, etc

hades_firstclear.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I am scared to spend my titan blood, so hard to get after you get your first 6

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

You can trade Ambrosia for Titan Blood, you should check the broker for limited deals and take advantage of good ones after each run. I'd almost recommend saving 200 gems in the bank in case that deal pops up.

Also looking at the wiki are the final aspects for most forms all locked behind the spear one? (Which requires you to spend at least 1 titan blood in 5 different weapons that isn't the first Zagreus aspect apparently) Is there some kind of optimal path for bloods?

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
You can trade Ambrosia for Titan Blood, you should check the broker for limited deals and take advantage of good ones after each run. I'd almost recommend saving 200 gems in the bank in case that deal pops up.

Also looking at the wiki are the final aspects for most forms all locked behind the spear one? (Which requires you to spend at least 1 titan blood in 5 different weapons that isn't the first Zagreus aspect apparently) Is there some kind of optimal path for bloods?

The wiki says it’s 1000 gems for one.

Also you need 306 bloods to max everything. Good lord lol

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

are you saying its best to trade ambrosia for titans blood or save it for giving to people at first?

Finally got to hades, got to Phase 2 but he got me. If I didn't lose a life or two in the stupid areas before him, I would have gotten him.

Malakriss

The wiki says it’s 1000 gems for one.

Also you need 306 bloods to max everything. Good lord lol
Read the wiki wrong the gems one is the reverse weirdly. There's limited offers of 15 keys for a blood, also 10 nectars for an ambrosia which you can immediately convert into a blood.

100 Gems for a Diamond is the other upscale deal.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
The Rat / Poison mechanic on the last parts is almost the only blemish on the game I’d say, and that is almost purely just personal hatred of it clouding my judgement. There is -nothing- like it up to that point and there are some spots that unless your build is 110% set up to deal with it you’re gonna get stuck taking massive bullshit poison damage while you run for a fountain. It just sucks. Bleh. Oh well.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Daedalus hammer luck is everything. Wish you could use the dice on that shit.

• 1Solidarity

Khane

Got something right about marriage

Dont trade any ambrosia at all until you unlock your companions. Titans blood is much easier to get and it's not as important

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Just beat it. Second attempt since EA ended. I did not think I was going to, I had a meh cannon build going into the final level. I bought the anvil cause screw it I didn’t like the build anyway. It gave me hazard bomb which makes it so it can hit me. I was like oh fucking great I’m done. Had to clear three levels before I found dog bait. Got him into the second form (hadn’t seen that before) and got him dead with about 40 life left. I basically just kept launching the bomb and stayed away from him. Dashed away when he came at me.

Fun game, funny I beat it with my least liked weapon.

Malakriss

I'd love to mess around with the Guan Yu spear but don't have the blood to max it out so it's not a huge penalty up front. Ambrosia you can pump out with nectars, but maxing the later aspects for each weapon is going to take some work.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Finally beat it today with the rail gun. Had a great combination of rocket launcher, infinite shot, and I leveled up my lightning dash to level 4, which really did some nice damage. Basically, I dashed all around, got far enough away from Hades to hit him with my rocket launcher, then dashed around some more, also hitting him with the dash. Also had Demeter's cast, which creates a shard that shoots a beam and is great for hitting his adds. I've gotten to him three other times, but haven't been able to kill him again. He seems to be harder now.

I also like that on your new runs you can do the heat gauge for greater risks/rewards. Getting more titan blood is awesome as well. Had I known it was that hard to come by, I would've been more judicious with it at the beginning. I actually like the gun the most now, as it allows you to shoot from a distance and take less damage. The gauntlets are pretty good, but I got waxed by Hades with them because he fucks you up if you are in too close.

Also, has anyone else tried to steal the gold and fight Charon? He's harder than Hades. His hit points barely move, and his fucking oar reaches halfway across the screen! This game is addicting as fuck. I've been playing nonstop for almost a week, and I know I'm going to play it probably all weekend. I look up, and it's after midnight!

Khane

I'd love to mess around with the Guan Yu spear but don't have the blood to max it out so it's not a huge penalty up front. Ambrosia you can pump out with nectars, but maxing the later aspects for each weapon is going to take some work.

Well, I'll say this, you need to max out your relationships with certain characters to unlock their companions, and it takes a lot of nectars to do this. And once you get the companion you need a lot of Ambrosia to max that. And there are several companions you'll probably want to get as soon as you can. You can also give bouldy (the rock next to Sisyphus) nectars for small buffs for that run.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Well, I'll say this, you need to max out your relationships with certain characters to unlock their companions, and it takes a lot of nectars to do this. And once you get the companion you need a lot of Ambrosia to max that. And there are several companions you'll probably want to get as soon as you can. You can also give bouldy (the rock next to Sisyphus) nectars for small buffs for that run.

I really had no idea what I was doing with nectars and stuff in EA so I was spreading them out. Haven’t ever got a companion. Anyone you recommend on focusing on? I get nectars so few now I don’t want to spread them out anymore until I get one unlocked. Also no idea what companions do! I’ve played this game blind the whole time.

Khane

Well when I last played Megaera and Thanatos' companions were the best. Not sure what they look like now.

EDIT: Here's wiki info

Last edited:

Malakriss

Also, has anyone else tried to steal the gold and fight Charon? He's harder than Hades. His hit points barely move, and his fucking oar reaches halfway across the screen! This game is addicting as fuck. I've been playing nonstop for almost a week, and I know I'm going to play it probably all weekend. I look up, and it's after midnight!
I saw the bag only twice so far, the first time when i found out what it was literally happened on the very first shop. I got slaughtered ofc. Definitely not the sort of fight you want to happen til you get some boons.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I really had no idea what I was doing with nectars and stuff in EA so I was spreading them out. Haven’t ever got a companion. Anyone you recommend on focusing on? I get nectars so few now I don’t want to spread them out anymore until I get one unlocked. Also no idea what companions do! I’ve played this game blind the whole time.

I had no idea about this, either. Damn, to think of all the nectars I've wasted. Can you get anyone as your companion, or just certain gods? Like, can I give Achilles enough?

Khane

The page in the wiki lists who gives each companion (Source column)

Khane

I just logged in and noticed a new scroll I hadn't unlocked for the Admin Chambers. Was fun going back through my old save and checking all my stats.