Halo

Goatface

1648171885326.png

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Was this as good as that Doom movie starring Vin Diesel?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

watched 1st half, ok-ish, some ifify effects. when they do "super" moves it looks off.

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>
This was the main part I really had an issue with. It was pretty retarded but maybe it was in the game.
She isnt leading them. In the Halo Universe there is an ancient civilization that had a connection with humanity. They have her around because humans are the only species capable of interacting with the Forerunner technology.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
She isnt leading them. In the Halo Universe there is an ancient civilization that had a connection with humanity. They have her around because humans are the only species capable of interacting with the Forerunner technology.
So why are we fighting then?

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I posted a link that the writers and creators didn't want to know anything about the games ect

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>
I was thinking more in the games.
The show is taking place just before the first game. At that same point in the games, no one knew any of this either.

The first game takes place immediately following the Covenant utterly destroying Reach. Some survivors, including Master Chief, escape the destruction and wind up at the first Halo Ring, and thats where you find out that there was an ancient civ that built the ring. They have an AI on the ring that refers to Master Chief as the Reclaimer, so its apparent the ancient civ knew about humanity. And so it goes from there through Halo Infinite, the one that came out this past Christmas.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
The show is taking place just before the first game. At that same point in the games, no one knew any of this either.

The first game takes place immediately following the Covenant utterly destroying Reach. Some survivors, including Master Chief, escape the destruction and wind up at the first Halo Ring, and thats where you find out that there was an ancient civ that built the ring. They have an AI on the ring that refers to Master Chief as the Reclaimer, so its apparent the ancient civ knew about humanity. And so it goes from there through Halo Infinite, the one that came out this past Christmas.
That explains a lot thanks!

• 1Like

Homsar

I feel like they spent most of their budget making sure the Spartans looked great

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I feel like they spent most of their budget making sure the Spartans looked great
I thought the show looked fairly good and the brutality of the alien invasion was pretty good. Most of these shows are pussies and people just fall over dead.

Xevy

Log Wizard
This has a lot of meh stuff, some cool stuff. The CGI looks... blurry? a lot of the time. They're obviously changing the story up a LITTLE which is fine, making it more about John than just Humans vs Bad Guys and giving John more backstory. He took his helmet off episode 1 which was kinda meh, but at least it's Pablo Shrieber who looks pretty good for the part. Honestly the best acting was him in full suit just turning his head slightly during conversations. Felt very Master Chief.

The part with the Marines surrounding the ship and the Spartans looking at each other, then looking at all the Marines. Oh fuck that was actually tense. Definitely kind of wish it went differently than it did, but that had the makings for some actual good drama/suspense.

Overall: Eh. Watchable, maybe salvagable, but there's not enough in the Halo Universe I think to fill in for the poor writing they seem to suffer from right now.

Homsar

The muzzle flash and first set of aliens just looked really bad. Makes we want to see what District 9 director could have pulled off

• 1Solidarity

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>
Given where they are right now, i’ll stick around until the fall of reach and the discovery of the first ring.

top moment of the episode was when the elite put his hand up to the asian dude’s chest and lit up the energy sword. I thought they were gonna all the way and have the elite slice the guy in two.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Did the people who wrote and choreographed that end fight scene in the last jedi get jobs on this?

• 1Worf