Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It was made by the same guy who made District 13 from what I recall

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
It was made by the same guy who made District 13 from what I recall

You're getting the ODST commercials mixed up with Halo: Landfall. Either way, absolutely fucking agree. Neil Blomkamp with a competent writer would absolutely kill it.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Neil Blomkamp is a guy who always has an amazing visual style and can create an immersive looking world, but the scripts are always some inch deep word salad.

If I recall, he had originally been attached to a Halo movie project that never really got off the ground and he eventually walked away from

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
D9 was fine story wise but good god was Elysium atrocious. That movie really rustled my jimmies as the world/design was absolutely top notch.
Neil blomkamp can direct for sure and help with the graphics. If you havnt watched it, Gran Turismo was a surprisingly feel good movie

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
D9 was fine story wise but good god was Elysium atrocious. That movie really rustled my jimmies as the world/design was absolutely top notch.

Same with stuff like Chappie or The Creator. Great world design and concepts and special effects, but the story execution is meh.

• 1Like

yabbayabba

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You're getting the ODST commercials mixed up with Halo: Landfall. Either way, absolutely fucking agree. Neil Blomkamp with a competent writer would absolutely kill it.

Halo 4 had a series called "Forward Unto Dawn" that was pretty good too.

All they had to do is stick to the source and the new show could have been great.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Same with stuff like Chappie or The Creator. Great world design and concepts and special effects, but the story execution is meh.
I think thats really his claim to fame, personally. To enamor his audience so much with the world, that you look past the shallow story and just kind of go glossy.

Fadaar

That guy
Halo 4 had a series called "Forward Unto Dawn" that was pretty good too.

All they had to do is stick to the source and the new show could have been great.

Yep I have the hour and a half movie cut downloaded. Really good for what it was -- a YouTube miniseries for Halo 4.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Yep I have the hour and a half movie cut downloaded. Really good for what it was -- a YouTube miniseries for Halo 4.

The timing they did of the bodies raining down from the space elevator was perfect.

The audience thinks about it, as you just saw people go upon you see it destroyed but its not /instant/ then they move on, get you into the running and the craziness, and boom, perfect timing - for a glorified commercial, they got so many things right in that thing. The feeling of dread of the covenant etc.

And the narnia chick carries the main dude, that’s the only real hit. The ending scenes felt the money running out wrap this up, but overall, very well done