HDTVs

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Been pretty happy with my 40" samsung and havnt looked much into TVs in the last years, so I'm way behind when it comes to know how they evolved. Still nothing wrong with my old TV but the bigger 50+ do look pretty sweet. Was just at walmart and they have 50" in series 5, 6 and 7 next to each other... is the 500$, 1000$ and 1500$ pricing warranted for the apparently few extra gimmicks between each model?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It really pisses me off that they don't offer non-SmartTVs in the 50+ size ranges. I hate having to pay 100-200$+ for features I literallyneveruse.

rad

Lord of Guk

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I was looking at that 75" curved Samsung 4K TV at best buy a couple weeks ago. That thing is fucking beautiful. I wouldn't pay $8K for it but it is awesome. Also the price on TVs these days is just crazy. I think by next year they're going to have to give you a 50" TV for under a hundred bucks if they want to call it a doorbuster.
rrr_img_83588.png

You never know what is going to send someone into a rage these days. I think we may be getting back to the FOH heyday of anonymous negs that say things like "I hope your head gets cut off by ISIS and the last thing you see is your mother being gang raped by a herd of horses because that's what you deserve for saying a TV looks nice."

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I hear ya. I got negged in the "fuck cancer" thread for stating that since I had my kid late in life in afraid they won't have their grandparents in their life as adults. Wtf? Someone can find offense in anything.

Juvarisx

Florida
Like it? I love all of the Plasma sets I've purchased and I came across this deal as well. Think I'm going to pull the trigger, seems like a complete no brainer at the price point.
Its as good as the 2013 year of Panasonic Plasmas. Probably comparable to the VT series, nothing will ever compare to a 2013 ZT Panny though. I have been loving it, at this price point you will find nothing comparable. One thing to note is this is the best plasma ever made for a room that has outside light coming in, its damn near glare immune.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Its as good as the 2013 year of Panasonic Plasmas. Probably comparable to the VT series, nothing will ever compare to a 2013 ZT Panny though. I have been loving it, at this price point you will find nothing comparable. One thing to note is this is the best plasma ever made for a room that has outside light coming in, its damn near glare immune.
I wish it wasn't 3D, so it would be even less.
frown.png

Although it's out of my price point no matter what. This is the one I've been looking at for a new bedroom TV...

Amazon.com: Samsung UN32EH5000 32-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED TV: Electronics

It's the same price on Samsung, but Paypay Credit has no payments, no interest for 6 months on any purchase over $200 from Samsung... so it's quite tempting.
smile.png

Edit: This TV looks even better, and the 40" is cheaper than the 32"! haha

Amazon.com: Samsung UN32H6350 32-Inch 1080p 120Hz Smart LED TV: Televisions Video

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Looking for a couple TV deals today if anyone knows of anything.

We need something small 24"+ for the workout room. Wife had an old school fat tv, can't hook up the blu-ray player to it. Not looking for anything special but trying to avoid the absolute cheap stuff like Dynex. Think there's a 24" Samsung for $129.

Also anything relatively cheap on a 32"-40" TV. Again nothing special, just something for the bedroom to hook the PS4 up to when my wife is watching retarded shows downstairs. I have no preference on any features, just looking for a cheap tv.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
It really pisses me off that they don't offer non-SmartTVs in the 50+ size ranges. I hate having to pay 100-200$+ for features I literallyneveruse.
They have to put all of those "features" into TV's because they want to keep them price-locked around the same range and can't justify it without yearly additions.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I finally got around to watching something in 3d (Avengers) on the XBR55X850B, and my god was it a horrible experience. I'm not sure if it was the TV or poor post-process 3d, but the primary focus of the shot would split into three side-by-side images. Gave me a damn migraine. TV's still beautiful for everything else, though, so I'm not really disappointed if the 3d is complete ass.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
You either have your 3D settings fucked, you were sitting off to the side, or you're one of those people that just can't see 3D effects.

Your TV or the 3D in the movie being bad are the least likely options.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Both the Samsung and LG 55" Smart TVs I was looking at come in non-smart versions, a couple hundred cheaper as you say. Don't think Costco carries them but Amazon had them with prime shipping and Best Buy had them when I was shopping around too.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'll go through the settings and see if anything looks weird. I thought it might have been that we were off center, so I moved around the couch at different angles and that didn't help. The girlfriend saw the same out-of-focus effect that I did, and neither of us have had any problems at movie theaters (TV's passive).

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So it seems like I scored a 50" wallmart deal on thanksgiving day. Wifes mom took the kids there and she managed to get my older son a raincheck, so well see what kind of 50" it is when I get it. They said in the add it could be any type of manufacturer. But fuck, for $200? Ill take it.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I'll go through the settings and see if anything looks weird. I thought it might have been that we were off center, so I moved around the couch at different angles and that didn't help. The girlfriend saw the same out-of-focus effect that I did, and neither of us have had any problems at movie theaters (TV's passive).
Your left/right could be reversed, your effect strength may be too high, or you may have a manual offset applied without realizing. Is this the first 3D movie you've watched on it? Initial settings take some tweaking, but should be fine for all content once figured out.