Headphones & Audio Devices

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Plus if you want more bass you might need closed ear headphones?

Sennheisers generally always went for a more neutral note in my experience. Though I've never owned any that expensive.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Plus if you want more bass you might need closed ear headphones?

Sennheisers generally always went for a more neutral note in my experience. Though I've never owned any that expensive.

I have the old school HD800's. I was hoping they added some bass to these newer reiterations.

Went with some HiFiMan Ananda's. See how these sound...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I have the old school HD800's. I was hoping they added some bass to these newer reiterations.

Those work with the stupid Soundblaster gadget I've been hyping for games.

Then again, so do these and they sound 98% as good:

(169.96, price isn't showing right.)

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team

I'm starting to think you have a vault full of money like scrooge mcduck.

How do you keep your desk level on top of all those coins? Is it as easy to swim in the coins as it looks in the cartoon?

• 1Worf

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I'm starting to think you have a vault full of money like scrooge mcduck.

How do you keep your desk level on top of all those coins? Is it as easy to swim in the coins as it looks in the cartoon?

Make over six figures? Check!
Kids grown? Check!
Kids done with college? Check!
Child support of 24 years complete? Check!
Mortgage interest rate low? Check!
Bought a fixer upper for less than half what other houses on my block cost? Check!
No credit cards? Check! (Well except those to keep my credit up, rarely use em)
No car note? Check! (Though maintenance on 12 year old S550 is a bitch)
Never go anywhere because I am an introvert who prefers reading/gaming/anime over eating out? Check!

I pretty much have been broke/living check to check for 40 years. FINALLY last year everything involving my financial obligations just...stopped. All my kids are doing good to great. I told myself I would, for at least a couple years, that I would enjoy myself before I get to dumping everything into my retirement. Only thing that sucks is that I live in Massachusetts. It's expensive as fuck here!

I never travel. I am like I said, someone who enjoys staying home. Soooo I can just splurge on hobbies for a few more months.

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
Make over six figures? Check!
Kids grown? Check!
Kids done with college? Check!
Child support of 24 years complete? Check!
Mortgage interest rate low? Check!
Bought a fixer upper for less than half what other houses on my block cost? Check!
No credit cards? Check! (Well except those to keep my credit up, rarely use em)
No car note? Check! (Though maintenance on 12 year old S550 is a bitch)
Never go anywhere because I am an introvert who prefers reading/gaming/anime over eating out? Check!

I pretty much have been broke/living check to check for 40 years. FINALLY last year everything involving my financial obligations just...stopped. All my kids are doing good to great. I told myself I would, for at least a couple years, that I would enjoy myself before I get to dumping everything into my retirement. Only thing that sucks is that I live in Massachusetts. It's expensive as fuck here!

I never travel. I am like I said, someone who enjoys staying home. Soooo I can just splurge on hobbies for a few more months.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Headphone arrived. They are pretty much HD800s's with bass! The planar magnetic drivers make all the difference I guess.

aaa.jpg
bbb.jpg
ccc.jpg

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just picked these up a few days ago.

Best headset I've ever owned. Can switch (super fast) between PS5, Xbox X and PC. The battery swapping, sound, weight (Super light), and wireless aspects are phenomenal. 10/10 so far.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Just picked these up a few days ago.

Best headset I've ever owned. Can switch (super fast) between PS5, Xbox X and PC. The battery swapping, sound, weight (Super light), and wireless aspects are phenomenal. 10/10 so far.

That's steep as fuck for a headset! How is the soundstage on those, along with the mic?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That's steep as fuck for a headset! How is the soundstage on those, along with the mic?
Pretty amazing so far. I’ve just tried Hogwarts, Witcher 3, and Cyberpunk so far. As for music it’s great and I love the noise cancellation but my wife hates it because I can’t hear her ask me something.

Mic is retractable and comes out super crisp.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I loved my wireless Steelseries, but the battery wore out in less than a year and it was a non-replaceable item and I wasn't risking buying some knock-off from Ebay to replace it.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Pretty amazing so far. I’ve just tried Hogwarts, Witcher 3, and Cyberpunk so far. As for music it’s great and I love the noise cancellation but my wife hates it because I can’t hear her ask me something.

Mic is retractable and comes out super crisp.
I'm going to order one and give it a shot. My work headset just died, and one thing that I can use at my desk and flip between two systems (this one and my work machine) sounds like a good replacement.

Might even be able to expense it.

I'll have some well cared for Sennheiser HD1s up for sale if anyone is interested. Sennheiser HD1 wireless Headphones with integrated microphone

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm going to order one and give it a shot. My work headset just died, and one thing that I can use at my desk and flip between two systems (this one and my work machine) sounds like a good replacement.

Might even be able to expense it.

I'll have some well cared for Sennheiser HD1s up for sale if anyone is interested. Sennheiser HD1 wireless Headphones with integrated microphone

It’s great for games. I will be honest I can’t speak much for DJing and watching Brady highlights in 7.1 like Brahma Brahma

• 1Worf

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Snagged a pair for my son. Normally 350 down to 60 bucks!

Are you going to test them out before giving them to your son?

I'm wondering how hot they get on the ears. I tried over the ear headphones, years ago, and they would make my ears sweat after a couple hours of use. Which made them too annoying to use. They were a pretty cheap pair though, so maybe the higher quality ones are better?

Also, any other thoughts on them?

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So I guess I'm about ready to replace my Bose OE1's that I won in a Christmas raffle in 2013 :D

I have a Focusrite Scarlete Solo gen3 interface (max 200 ohm for the 1/4" headphone output).

Primary use cases are games, playing/recording bass guitar, and a little media consumption youtube/netflix/spotify.

I'm looking for wired, closed back, detachable cable, under $250.

A quick search doesn't give much consensus

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well shit, my el cheapo headset has gone UHF antenna, where I have to move it just right to get sound out of both ears.

So, I went with some Philips Fidelio X2HR after a bit a research. More than I wanted to spend on a headset type I am unsure if I will like using, but they seem to be recommended as a good all around set, for multipul applications, not just "good for FPS footsteps" or good for music stereo.

It also might not need a amp, which would be nice. I have a little amp (DTA-120) for a pair of bookshelf speakers, but I looked it up, and people say its terrible for headsets and I have no idea why (don't know enough about amps to understand the explanation).

It was a bit of a toss up between the X2HR and the HD 560s:

ToeMissile ToeMissile Reddit is still useful for this sort of thing. I read a bunch of opinions at the very active sub /HeadphoneAdvice. A lot of differing opinions is a bit overwhelming when there is no right answer and it depends on what you want out of the earphones. You already have an amp, so $250 sounds like a good budget for finding various recommendations on reddit, or just use the tests on Rtings.com.

• 1Like