Headphones & Audio Devices

Burns

The workhorse for my work and gaming coms for the last 15ish years is still the set below (on my second set). The EPOS name is new; maybe Sennheiser wanted a sperate page for business orientated products?:

2024-09-13 15.56.17 www.amazon.com 5ba327ca7fb4.png

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I kind of want small desktop speakers and my early 2000s 5.1 set is too bulky. Are there any good compact options anyone recommends? I just want to be able to not wear headphones and listen to videos or webinars sometimes nothing audiophile.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I kind of want small desktop speakers and my early 2000s 5.1 set is too bulky. Are there any good compact options anyone recommends? I just want to be able to not wear headphones and listen to videos or webinars sometimes nothing audiophile.
I just bought a Bluetooth speaker and use that. I have a Bose SoundLink Flex. It's usually $150, but it goes on sale from time to time for like 40 bucks off.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Anyone have a recommendation for a good set of noise-cancelling bluetooth headphones for travel?

I tried the Anker Space Q45s and they performed excellent, but they were too large for my head, even at the smallest setting. I've heard good things about the Sony wh-1000xm4, but I'm reluctant to try $300 headphones if they are just going to be too big again.

Seriously, I don't have a big head but it certainly isn't small enough that I would have ever considered commercially available headphones to not fit.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Anyone have a recommendation for a good set of noise-cancelling bluetooth headphones for travel?

I tried the Anker Space Q45s and they performed excellent, but they were too large for my head, even at the smallest setting. I've heard good things about the Sony wh-1000xm4, but I'm reluctant to try $300 headphones if they are just going to be too big again.

Seriously, I don't have a big head but it certainly isn't small enough that I would have ever considered commercially available headphones to not fit.
I have had these for a few years, they are great on planes and my riding mower. They are $300, you get what you pay for.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>

Still wearing the xm3s (literally on a plane as I type this) from 2018.

Same form factor and they’re very comfortable and work great. Pricey but better than everything else I’ve tried.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
My Sennheiser PXC550s have been great, but I suspect recent releases from Sony have caught up with them.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Just ordered some xm5s for our trip out of the country next week. Interested to see how they perform. They were as cheap as the xm4s on Amazon as refurb - excellent condition so figured why not. Plus I can take conference calls on them so they're for "work" too.

*edit: screw it, ordered some xm4s too to compare. They were pretty good discount on Amazon renewed also. I'll just send back whatever I don't like or give them to my wife.

Last edited: