Health Care Thread

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The poll is fine. I would've worded it "do you support the aca' rather than 'are you a fan of the aca' but whatever. As long as someone isn't dumb enough to see a poor result and make the conclusion 'this % of people think the aca should be repealed!'.

It's a complex issue though. It's a compromise between two very opposed sides so it's hard to be a fan of it for most people. I don't know if I'm a fan of it but I do support it and want to see it implemented as written.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Trapping people with sketchy phrasing is the a_skeleton_03 Special. However, he made it, so he gets to do it how he wants!

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I personally am voting no. Not because what is there is bad, but because I like things done once. I think this solution is stopgap. It doesn't really solve a whole lot. It doesn't really cause a ton of problems.

I find it more of just a bandaid to the ego and psyche of the liberals that they are doing something for the disenfranchised they don't honestly even care about.

"Look poors and bads. We gave you healthcare. Be happy. Let them eat cake!"
This would actually work for me as well - but its such a fucked up problem that literally this plan took 18 years to even go from planning to actually seeing the floor of the Senate, so I have a hard time feeling that way on this one. Most bills I'd absolutely agree should be done close to perfect the first time with only minor tweaks - but health care taking 18 years before it was addressed once the plan was actually almost entirely written already is ludicrous.

And with some of the recent comments - I did go with it as a "Should it be upheld?" question, not the true "Are you a fan?" one - I certainly wouldn't be a fan, anymore than I'm a fan of Special Olympians - prod them on, hope for great things but mostly just want them to have a chance to not shit the bed.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
The poll is fine. I would've worded it "do you support the aca' rather than 'are you a fan of the aca' but whatever. As long as someone isn't dumb enough to see a poor result and make the conclusion 'this % of people think the aca should be repealed!'.

It's a complex issue though. It's a compromise between two very opposed sides so it's hard to be a fan of it for most people. I don't know if I'm a fan of it but I do support it and want to see it implemented as written.
Definitely complex and yeah support is better than fan.

The thing is you can definitely have an opinion/stance on the face value of what it is right now. We can all sit around and come up with some paper napkin solutions we like but that's not what we get to play with.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
Results are looking good, a_skeleton_03.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Results are looking good, a_skeleton_03.
Damn I thought I was going to have to run for office and repeal this.

People need to face it. ACA is here to stay. Stop fighting it just to fight it. Your constituents get it. They know you hate it.

Go on TV, say: "look guys we tried, the democrats are evil and they forced us into this but the government means more than their petty shit, we will pass a budget and may God, Jesus have mercy on the souls of the liberals" and then they drop the mic and walk out.

This actually might be their plan.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I came down with some crazy flu this weekend that started with mild symptoms leading into crazy joint pain the first night, crazy abdominal cramping for about 14 hours the next night, and crazy chest pains last night. I slept with a frozen bottle of water wrapped in a rag between my pecks andstillwoke up soaked with sweat. This was some Spanish Flu Pandemic style shit all up in here. I would have loved to have been able to see someone about it but hey, no insurance.

So bring it on. I'm willing to take my chances with muslimobummercare over this nothing I've got right now.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
I came down with some crazy flu this weekend that started with mild symptoms leading into crazy joint pain the first night, crazy abdominal cramping for about 14 hours the next night, and crazy chest pains last night. I slept with a frozen bottle of water wrapped in a rag between my pecks andstillwoke up soaked with sweat. This was some Spanish Flu Pandemic style shit all up in here. I would have loved to have been able to see someone about it but hey, no insurance.

So bring it on. I'm willing to take my chances with muslimobummercare over this nothing I've got right now.
This sounds like a prime candidate for a death panel.

Zombie Thorne_sl

shitlord
I did health care and benefits administration for the Federal Reserve for 10 years. Not a fan of the ACA. But I think it's the right step because imo it will break more than it fixes then we can get some health care reform from the ground up.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I want single payer coverage and for the Republicans to stop trying to drive us into the ground in order to force us to follow their dogma.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
This sounds like a prime candidate for a death panel.
As a fan of dystopian fiction I have prepared myself for such a thing. I've got my speech ready to go.

I DON'T CARE. I TELL YOU I DON'T CARE. I'M A HUMAN BEING. I EXIST. AND IF I SPEAK ONE THOUGHT ALOUD, THAT THOUGHT LIVES EVEN AFTER I'M SHOVELED INTO MY GRAVE.

Goddamn I love that episode. I grow a big rubbery one just thinking about it.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I am a very sick person and pay a lot of money to healthcare. The past month the healthcare kills have been a bit terrifying and have been causing me to start considering stopping getting the care I need in certain areas to be able to pay for more important ones.

I just got a letter from my insurance company an hour ago in the post about the changes to my plan due to Obamacare and it is going to be, if I'm doing my maths right, saving 30%+ off my healthcare. Doesn't change the big stuff like the annual MRIs and such, but prescriptions will be cheaper (which is important when you have a dozen+) and the monthly fee is less as well.

So, thanks Obama!