Health Problems

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
After staying infected for a really irritating length of time, I've come to the conclusion that the toe nail on my right big toe is ingrown. That should be fun to dig out later.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I had my big toenail rip off once in a desk cleaning accident and it grew back all fucked up. I don't really want surgery on it so I cut a notch into the toenail so it doesn't grow in under the skin.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I have to cut the built up skin around the nail of my big toe to stop it from being cut by the nail as it grows

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I'm actually gonna have to numb this bitch up with ice and go digging to actually extract the nail. Produces pus all day long.

Woefully Inept

Karazhan Raider
So I had my quarterly'ish CT Scan today. For the first summer in 4 years I do not need surgery or chemo for a new fucking tumor. All clear for 6 months now. This living 5-6 months at a time is fucking stressful. Massive anxiety roller coaster man. That sigh of relief with good news is immeasurable.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Congratulations!!!

On a much less dire note, I just successfully removed the left side of the toenail on my right big toe without even bothering to numb it up because trying to numb only one toe was a huge pain in the ass. Despite all the ripping, tearing, and tweezing, my toe already hurts less now.

Woefully Inept

Karazhan Raider
Oh god that relief after yanking a hang nail is immediate. I don't get them often and haven't had one for years but the last one I had when I finally got it out a bunch of nasty puss came with it. Disgusting and the pain relief was practically euphoric. lol

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not for the squeamish. How'd I do Kuriin?!?

UmIzDIh.jpg
aP4htET.jpg
0CKjXRV.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Woefully Inept

Karazhan Raider
Squeamish? pffft that's nothing. I've watched doctors cut holes into me. :p It does look like hell. That thing must have been in there deep.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I would definitely keep that clean or else you'll get it infected. I don't know your history, but are you diabetic?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not diabetic, already was infected and the infection wouldn't go away which is why I knuckled down and went fleshmining. I already had a doctor's appointment scheduled for friday, so I'm going to keep it clean and bandaged until then and show it to the doctor. Unless it absolutely explodes with pus tomorrow and starts sending the angry veins up my leg in which case I'll go to the emergency room.

I cleaned the tweezers and scissors with alcohol before using them, and cleaned the wound with alcohol periodically throughout the ~1.5 hour procedure. Obviously not the same as doing it in a hospital, but I'm pretty confident I didn't make the infection worse.

If the diabetic question was about the condition of my feet, I do have bad circulation from being overweight and constantly sitting crosslegged on my computer chair. I've tried to minimize the time I spend sitting like that but it's just the most comfortable position for me.

Last edited:

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
past half year I've had flaky skin under mustache, primarily on my right, just under nostril. Now I have it on my scalp, most noticeably at my part line.
I don't understand why I have it or how to get rid of it. Head and Shoulders doesn't work. Flakes are bigger than dandruff of my times past.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Heh, doctor said I did an exceptional job removing the ingrown side of the nail and to just make sure it gets aired out a bit so it dries out and doesn't develop a secondary infection.

I rule.

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
past half year I've had flaky skin under mustache, primarily on my right, just under nostril. Now I have it on my scalp, most noticeably at my part line.
I don't understand why I have it or how to get rid of it. Head and Shoulders doesn't work. Flakes are bigger than dandruff of my times past.

How often do you shower? Sometimes you can shower too much and strip good oils off your skin.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So I got my first PCP today. She checked out my balls and said I have some kind of fungal/yeast infection under them. She also wants to test me for lyme for some reason.

I capitulated to the test and I have some cream to rub all over my scrote.

They moved my CT scan up to Tuesday instead of November.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So I got my first PCP today. She checked out my balls and said I have some kind of fungal/yeast infection under them. She also wants to test me for lyme for some reason.

I capitulated to the test and I have some cream to rub all over my scrote.

They moved my CT scan up to Tuesday instead of November.
No you don't. Your wife has cream to rub on your scrote