Health Problems

Slithum

Nil Satis, Nisi Optimum
i have crohn's disease and the doctor i have been seeing for 4 years just moved to a new practice in NYC that's 60mins away just a little annoyed right now.

Wurstsalat

Silver Knight of the Realm
This is going to be difficult for me. I ll try to look up the words - dont hate if i pick the wrong ones :)

I am taking narcotics / anaesthetics since 13 months now. Tilidin, Oxycodon, Tramadol, Hydromorphon and even Fentanyl because of three prolapsed disks in a time internval of 3 months. Two of them at the cervical spine and one at the lumbar spine. Been in a rehab for three weeks in june now and after that i was a short time pain free... Since three weeks its worse than ever before and I am only pain-free when i am laying in my bed. ( which sucks cause i have to play video games ) I have no failure symptoms in either arms or legs so operation was never an issue - and i am glad about that cause the thought of beeing operatet at the spine freaks me out.

Sometimes life sucks.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Freaking head hurting so bad now. I took 3 Tramadol and 4 advil. Didn't even touch it. Literally feels like someone shoving a piece of rebar from one corner of my forehead to my spine. Never felt this much pain in my life and I had two wisdowm teeth pulled with no pain killer. That was a cake walk. Compound fractured my leg, nothing like this.

I would go to the hospital, if it was open.

Borzak

Well the ones that flooded are closed. I could go to the "charity" hospital in the really bad part of town. I'll pass.

The hospital/clinc I normally use at Oschner had 6 feet of water in it.

Borzak

I just started vitamin D and Claritin. Before that nothing.

My doc said to start on Lipitor also so we are doing that for 6 months.

How much vitamin D do you take a day? Doctor has me on 5k itu a day. The woman who does my blood work has MS and she takes 50k a day. Sounds excessive, but apparently there's a link between vitamin D and MS, which is why MS is much more common in Canada than the US.

At least it's cheap.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
How much vitamin D do you take a day? Doctor has me on 5k itu a day. The woman who does my blood work has MS and she takes 50k a day. Sounds excessive, but apparently there's a link between vitamin D and MS, which is why MS is much more common in Canada than the US.

At least it's cheap.
Starting back on 2k for now. I had no clue about the MS thing so I just asked my wife and she knew that already. In Germany I think we were on 10k. We stopped taking it when we moved from Germany to SoCal and now back on in North Carolina.

Borzak

Yeah the MS thing is odd, I've never been deficient in vitamin D and am outside a lot. When they checked mine it was pretty high already. Dr. said a lot of people never go outside anymore and are borderline deficient nowdays. She asked me how long I had been taking vitamin D, she was suprised mine was that high without taking any. I take 2k a day now.

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
Fatty Liver is becoming more and more of an issue, we are essentially voluntarily turning ourselves into human Foie Gras because of the average industrial diet.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
This isn't a real health problem but I have nowhere else to put it. Last night I awoke at 330 am to a splitting headache and the lovely stomach drop. Ran to the bathroom and promptly shit out the entire contents of my innards.

All I could think was what if that didn't wake me up? A log in the bed is one thing but diarrhea? Crisis averted

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
This isn't a real health problem but I have nowhere else to put it. Last night I awoke at 330 am to a splitting headache and the lovely stomach drop. Ran to the bathroom and promptly shit out the entire contents of my innards.

All I could think was what if that didn't wake me up? A log in the bed is one thing but diarrhea? Crisis averted
You may want to invest in some bed pads...on the "in case".

But really...did you check your blood glucose level after you flushed your innards? You may want to mention those symptoms to your endo.
OH...and re that topical for the mouth sores...it is a steroid and may affect your blood sugar....may not, but potentially could.