Health Problems

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Update on my nurse aunt. They wouldn't let her on a plane. There were mumblings they were threatening to arrest her. So now she's driving from MA to FL with Typhoid. She self-checked herself out of the hospital for this.

So more than likely I'll have 2 dead aunts this week.

To be honest the aunt with the brain aneurysm was estranged. Did hard drugs for-fucking-ever and we stopped talking to her when she tried to break my mom out of rehab - yeah, you read that right.

The nurse aunt was actually normal but she got brain lesions from the typhoid and we think it's just completely fucked her brain. She's almost certifiably insane now.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
So....my ass started to hurt earlier this week pushing out some rabbit turds, wife tells me you probably have a hemorrhoid, eat fiber, drink water etc and it will go away. never had a butt issue in my life so figure I'll suck it up. Pain is insane, can't sleep, hurts to just move around. I figured no way this is what people normally are going thru, TV ads showing people going to parties and shit, wife is at work so I call the doctor and ask her to take a peak at it and tell me if I'm being silly.

Get to the Dr office she takes one look at it and instantly tells me I have to have surgery on it and how couldn't believe I didn't come in sooner. Was not an internal hemorrhoid but a thrombosis (blood clot) that was near rupture level. Sends me right off to a surgeon who confirms that I need to have the clot cleared and removed. I don't know if anyone else has had a needle in their rectum but that local anesthetic injection was about the worst freaking pain I've experienced. I broke three bones in my foot and it wasn't as painful as this.

To add to my humiliation, the nurse assistant is like 23, sitting there right up on my naked body holding my ass while I feel like weeping like a school girl. Now I'm home bleeding out my arse wearing a damn maxi pad, and it finally hit me that I didn't even pay attention to how my junk was hanging, that pain probably sent my tally wacker hiding like George C in the pool.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
She's a nurse man..... she was the 'head nurse' or something at the local hospital....
That doesn't make you any more objective when assessing your own health problems, if anything, the opposite.

Mental patients are always fun, if you have time, which no healthcare personal ever has...

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
pissing needles with no other symptoms besides darker urine color than normal and stronger odor than normal. blood and urinalysis came back negative for anything. no std.

wut do?

If you or anyone else for that matter is having problems like this or similar bladder type problems, especially kidney stones, then you need to get raw apple cider vinegar. Look for a brand called Bragg's. Should be available at most grocery stores. If they don't have that brand try and look for apple cider vinegar that says it has "the mother" in it and is raw/unpasteurized. Mix about 1 tablespoon of vinegar in with a drink in the morning around breakfast and again around dinner time. ACV has been proven to dissolve calcium deposits not just in your bladder/kidneys etc but also your entire body. So if you suffer from any type of joint pain/arthritis or any type of gastrointestinal problems then ACV will in almost all cases either substantially or completely reverse your condition.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Last week I went to the Ophthalmologist because my left eye suddenly became a little cloudy. I assumed I scratched my lens and would require special drops or worst case scenario I may need glasses, I did turn 40 this past year.

Well I was wrong on both accounts, I have Cataracts in both eyes the left is worse than the right. This does run in my family, well it runs in every family, but not at 40! After talking about my medical history our best guess is all the steroids I did for allergy relief, we are talking 20+ years of steroid nasal spray. I never knew it could lead to Cataracts & to be fair I probably would have said no not me & taken them anyway. Anyway, here are my questions for you guys...

1. Have you had the Surgery?
2. What lens did you get?
3. Is it worth getting the "Premium Lens" Symfony over the "Standard Lens" Monofocal?

p.s. I have never had contacts or glasses. Even with the Cataracts my vision is 20/30 Left & 20/25 Right.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I have dry eyes and skin problems around the eyes but a lot of saliva. We thought of that though. I did recently try some Visine and I have used it before but this time it set my eyes on fire like I had poured rubbing alcohol in them. I haven't tried that again..

Still catching up on this thread, but wanted to let you know I have the exact same experience with the eyes. I also have a few crossover symptoms I share with your situation, but I won't get into in this post.

I used to use Visine of all types (natural tears, etc), and now can't take eyedrops without intense stinging pain. Eye doctor said my face and cheeks/eyes were inflammed. Diagnosed with eczema tentatively but dermatologist was baffled due to the presentation (resembles more Lupus, but atypical set of derma symptoms with sensation changes in the arms/skin/heat/friction sensitivity is often accused of being Lupus, and its my personal suspicion that any doctor that rushes to a Lupus conclusion is a little suspect). I found myself leaning towards Lupus too often too, and setting that aside helped me work it up from another angle.

IGE out of range by 40 points (significant, as IGE is involved in the heavy duty inflammatory actions that can be quite destructive if there is a problem-- dismissed or as you say, "yawned" at), ANA weakly positive at onset (never rechecked). Ran through the system lost with "you're fine because you're a white male" doctors, so I burned out of the process ultimately being left with no definitive answer. I even blew off my inflammatory marker bloodwork 2x because I just didn't care anymore. I was beat.

My GP and derma initially denied the symptoms, despite my eye doctor writing my face and eyes had inflammation. And despite me explaining that my skin was so incredibly dry, that it required at least 1 daily application of heavy duty moisturizer on the face and arms. Even prescribed SSRI's (of course! getting high as a kite is the solution to everything) The dermatologist backed up the GP and pushed the SSRI's (going against the eye doctor who originally declared there was clinical inflammation in the face/eyes) it wasn't until I started working with more doctors I started figuring it out over the course of 2-3 years and I still don't have it all figured out-- as there is only so much you can do.

I saw a neurologist as well for headaches that began and lightheadedness around this same time.

It was exhaustive, eye opening, and you tend to lose faith in the medical system when trying to work up a "quality of life" problem (despite physical symptoms). Thankfully the symptoms abated mostly after a full year, and I've mostly chalked it up to allergic eczema but that's kind of just a cop out. I'll start the process up again maybe some day. I learned a lot, and I guess I have to see the positives in it overall. I read so many medical books and journals for about a year and gained a lot of understanding on various biology and processes.

Also, numbing drops for eye test at the doctor REALLY fucking hurt for 3-4 hours (they already hurt before going to the doc) . I refuse drops and tests that involve them to this day, mostly out of principle, since they brushed off my symptoms, never offered a Restasis trial to see if dryness/inflammation was out of control, and passed me off to a newby doc because I DARED to come back a second time for the same symptoms and offended the doctor by declining any painful examination (eye drops). Antihistamine drops were worthless, as were lubricant drops.

Last edited:

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I haven't posted in a while since things have been going well and things still are but this we've I've got my routine CT scan on Wed. and a follow up scope procedure from my scope test about a month ago on Friday. Doc found some polyps on my ampulla so he has to go in and zap them out which means placing a stent at my pancreas. I actually had the same thing happen in Houston about 8 years ago but when they went in the polyps were actually on a flap that had folded over the ampulla. They were able to unfold the flap and remove the polyps without having to place the stent. I'm hoping that is the case again. Either way it's going to be a long week.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Update and HELP?

So with my herniated disc. Got the discectemy wednesday. First few days were awesome. Walking a lot like I'm supposed to. Somehow came out of it with very sprained calf. Well saturday didnt move as much but I wake up today and in a bit of pain. Get to moving and find myself hunching over again. Some pain in thigh where I had it before. Sit down and do a leg raise (same way they diagnosed me in first place) and sure as shit tight and painful.......

So wondering if doc didnt scoop out enough disc or what... Having a second surgery is not fun on wallet or time off from work.. I'm hoping possibly it's some delayed inflamation or heck I'd even take an infection creating pressure in the area over failed discectomy.

Any input folks? Any good remedies with the dr other than saying dude you better pro bono part of surgery pt 2.?

matsb84

Silver Knight of the Realm
Whats the recovery time supposed to be? Has to be more then 1/2 a week right? What kind of shape were you in prior? Active/inactive? Are you going to be going to physical therapy?

Sludig

They hadn't scheduled or suggested phy therapy. I was what you call skinny fat. So not very active though not a total slug. (Some labor with work and my 300g aquarium that gave me the injury). Big thing was saying walk a lot after surgery which I did. Saturday spent much more of the day sitting so maybe that exacerbated it. I'm not back to completely unable to do anything like I was just the symptoms that just got worse over time to be.

Today I figured it's better to be active so pushed thru pain and did my costco run. (Didnt lift anything heavy but pushed the car to far end of lot and picked up all the sub 5lb stuff.)

Recovery was a kinda nebulous like a week or two and a 8-15 lb max limit. I had asked when I could start working out to strengthen core and prevent this in future and that number was 2 months.

Sludig

Oh, and I'm retarded for not asking yall before, I forget all the aspects of this forum......

Any advice on frequent headaches bordering more on migraines? I live in CO and the weather easily will drop from 70 to 20 in a day. Even if there's no big temp swing we still get days of high wind and big barometer changes.

I get massive sinus headaches that at their worst make me nauseus and want to die. I havn't found anything OTC/home remedy that helps. I did get a single pill of tripto something from my mom to try next time. But I was wondering if anyone else knew meds that might actually work. I'm a bit leery of sinus surgery or whatever. Esp since my back surgery is busy acting like it might be a failure. (Also good to note, hydrocodone etc doesn't stop this migraine)

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Scan came back clear. That'll be 2 years without the need for some kind of tumor intervention. Feels good man.

My hernia repair is going to be a minimum 2-3 month recovery time. Wife's a teacher and we're going on a week vacation to Cape Cod at the end of June. If I have the surgery immediately after that we should be able to manage it. Otherwise I'd have to wait until the following summer. I can't do that. Taking a shit I have to hold myself together. When I eat I can see clear as day my bowels moving. I took a vid if anyone is morbidly curious as to what that fuckery looks like. It actually looks like I've got a creature in me. lol Coughing I either have to hold myself or bend over. Basically the entirety of my left abdominal wall just does not exist. Feels bad man.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Oh, and I'm retarded for not asking yall before, I forget all the aspects of this forum......

Any advice on frequent headaches bordering more on migraines? I live in CO and the weather easily will drop from 70 to 20 in a day. Even if there's no big temp swing we still get days of high wind and big barometer changes.

I get massive sinus headaches that at their worst make me nauseus and want to die. I havn't found anything OTC/home remedy that helps. I did get a single pill of tripto something from my mom to try next time. But I was wondering if anyone else knew meds that might actually work. I'm a bit leery of sinus surgery or whatever. Esp since my back surgery is busy acting like it might be a failure. (Also good to note, hydrocodone etc doesn't stop this migraine)

Have you ever tried using a Neti Pot?

Also, do some reading up on Kratom (I checked & it is legal in Colorado). I use Kratom for joint paint but I have read that people use it for Migraine Relief.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Also, do some reading up on Kratom (I checked & it is legal in Colorado). I use Kratom for joint paint but I have read that people use it for Migraine Relief.

Likely not too much longer. The DEA said they have suspended the emergency scheduling of Kratom pending a comment period from doctors, but did not reverse the action. I don't think the DEA will reverse action on this one, you can't begin emergency scheduling procedures and then say "just kidding". Their credibility relies on following through at some point, as they are the ones who declared it the most dangerous drug on the market.

After that CDC researcher's son killed himself with a drug combination and had Kratom in his room, that was basically lights out. We can't have nice things.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Likely not too much longer. The DEA said they have suspended the emergency scheduling of Kratom pending a comment period from doctors, but did not reverse the action. I don't think the DEA will reverse action on this one, you can't begin emergency scheduling procedures and then say "just kidding". Their credibility relies on following through at some point, as they are the ones who declared it the most dangerous drug on the market.

After that CDC researcher's son killed himself with a drug combination and had Kratom in his room, that was basically lights out. We can't have nice things.

I am still optimistic because there is no scientific evidence against Kratom, this is not the 1930s & cunts like William Randolph Hearst now get called out. We are just starting to loosen up on Marijuana so I am hopeful on Kratom.

Sludig Sludig I meant to add that Kratom will definitely help with any back pain too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I am still optimistic because there is no scientific evidence against Kratom, this is not the 1930s & cunts like William Randolph Hearst now get called out. We are just starting to loosen up on Marijuana so I am hopeful on Kratom.

As long as Orrin Hatch still walks among us, I'll share some of this optimism-- as you probably know, he is the one who jerked the chain on the DEA. And is the most vocal homeopathic and supplement industry champion, as well as arguably one of the most senior members of the Senate. But man, he is getting old. He could kick off this year, then the DEA will feast.

And you're right, not even the CDC data on kratom warrants action if you compare it to say, Tylenol and Aspirin injury and death. I really hope science and the Hatchman prevail.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity