Health Problems

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Smoking weed isn't an option for me. I just want to figure something out so I can avoid having some dr try and throw medication at me.

Lots of recent studies showing even basic meditation has what appear to be serious mental and physical benefits. Don't even think you have to do that much, like 15-20 minutes every other day. Worth a try maybe.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
chaos chaos you need sleep first and foremost before you do anything else.

If you can't manage good sleep and plenty of it don't go to the doctor unless you want to be prescribed something specifically for that because in my experience that is going to be their first step. I went in for a few symptoms that could have been neurological the first thing every doctor did when they heard I work nights also is stop writing notes and then explain to me how I need a proper sleep schedule ... Turns out I had cancer but yeah sleep was their first goal. It throws everything out of wack.

Get some sleep however you can and see if that helps. Get restful sleep and then if you are still having issues you can go from there.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
chaos chaos you need sleep first and foremost before you do anything else.

If you can't manage good sleep and plenty of it don't go to the doctor unless you want to be prescribed something specifically for that because in my experience that is going to be their first step. I went in for a few symptoms that could have been neurological the first thing every doctor did when they heard I work nights also is stop writing notes and then explain to me how I need a proper sleep schedule ... Turns out I had cancer but yeah sleep was their first goal. It throws everything out of wack.

Get some sleep however you can and see if that helps. Get restful sleep and then if you are still having issues you can go from there.

oh shiz you working nights chaos? Plus you have wife and kids right? So I bet you are swapping back and forth on off days. I had guys I use to work with with kids doing that schedule and they'd swap to a day schedule on there 2/3 days off, after the end of the 3 months on nights they'd be complete train wrecks.

Jx3

Riddle me this...
Not in intense pain anymore, I've figured out the whole bag thing (kinda). Chemo is in 6-8 weeks, it will be with the port this time so I'm curious if I'm going to lose my hair. If so I've already got a couple of my students on tap to pencil me in some awesome eyebrows. I think I may go for the cheap mexican whore look.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Not in intense pain anymore, I've figured out the whole bag thing (kinda). Chemo is in 6-8 weeks, it will be with the port this time so I'm curious if I'm going to lose my hair. If so I've already got a couple of my students on tap to pencil me in some awesome eyebrows. I think I may go for the cheap mexican whore look.
Good luck and stock up on sharpies. Hair loss is not universal, but I recommend getting a red bandana if you want to pose as Archer.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Had what was hopefully my last round of chemo last week. Will find out more with my PET scan next week.

Ended up back in the hospital tho. Immune system crashed after chemo again. Doc tried a bit of a different plan this week, it helped (neutrophil count today was 0.6 last cycle this day it was 0.0) but not enough.... So yeah back in the hospital for a few days again.

At least they let me get a dilaudid injection every four hours. ¶=

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Making the best of chemo
a4swtc.jpg

• 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Hm maybe with chemo chills I can actually get my hand moving fast enough to tremolo at Yngwie speed haha

iannis

Musty Nester
There was. A house. In New Orleans. They called the Rising Sun.
It's been the home. Of many a poor boy. When their day. Of work. Is done.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
pissing needles with no other symptoms besides darker urine color than normal and stronger odor than normal. blood and urinalysis came back negative for anything. no std.

wut do?

oddly sex was fine/normal.

iannis

Musty Nester
possibly a kidney stone/s. They can be very small and they come in different types. Check your diet, cut back on salt for a while, drink more water. If you're drinking a lot of soda, scale it back.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
You could just be a little dehydrated. Urine becomes very concentrated and amberish when you're dehydrated.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
possibly a kidney stone/s. They can be very small and they come in different types. Check your diet, cut back on salt for a while, drink more water. If you're drinking a lot of soda, scale it back.
I am restating the following info because it has benefitted people I know and some I even love.
Put lemon/lime juice in the water per National Kidney Foundation ...search kidney.org. 6 easy ways to prevent kidney stones.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My aunt with typhoid was healthy for awhile but I guess she has another outbreak (?????) And back in the hospital. Meanwhile my other aunt had a brain aneurysm last night and has no brain function so they're pulling the plug today or tomorrow. Actually typhoid aunt is flying down to take care of it......

Glad I'm not on any flights to FL

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
We had a patient who came in with a hemorrhagic stroke that eventually converted to ischemic stroke because they stopped his Warfarin to prevent any further bleeding. Guy's NIH Stroke Scale score went from 1 (basically no neuro deficits) to almost max score in about 10 minutes. ;\ Make matters worse, there was another code blue / stroke on a different floor, so all of the nurses on our floor were in this one patient's room with a resident trying to get him back into the bed. Absolutely dead weight. Transport was backed up from the codes.

BTW Noodle, I would recommend you tell that aunt to not travel. That is fucked up, lol...

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We had a patient who came in with a hemorrhagic stroke that eventually converted to ischemic stroke because they stopped his Warfarin to prevent any further bleeding. Guy's NIH Stroke Scale score went from 1 (basically no neuro deficits) to almost max score in about 10 minutes. ;\ Make matters worse, there was another code blue / stroke on a different floor, so all of the nurses on our floor were in this one patient's room with a resident trying to get him back into the bed. Absolutely dead weight. Transport was backed up from the codes.

BTW Noodle, I would recommend you tell that aunt to not travel. That is fucked up, lol...
She's a nurse man..... she was the 'head nurse' or something at the local hospital....

iannis

Musty Nester

Oh that's just horrible.