Health Problems

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Olebass I think it is time to buy some chrome spray. Just in case, you want to get into the gates of Valhalla!

Oldbased

> Than U
Olebass I think it is time to buy some chrome spray. Just in case, you want to get into the gates of Valhalla!
I saw that movie like 3 days before I woke up in the ER. The whole I live, I die I live again thing wasn't very popular among nurses.
That office never did call me back to tell me what to do about the injections I didn't have they thought I had been taking for no apparent reason I told them days ago I had run out of.
See why I am so angry at this shit is the hospital was crystal clear lab on Monday, appointment Tuesday with this new doctor, injections run out Monday night.
I show up Monday, get told since I wasn't a patient prior I had to wait till doctor on Tuesday ordered lab. I argue to no avail. Show her release papers and even the hospital wrote prescription to no avail.
Show up Tuesday, bitch about Monday, tell them I am off injections, he orders lab, which I do Tuesday night, tell him about pain medicines also and didn't realize till later he basically ignored me.
They wait till Thursday to call to say holy shit you are not clotting which I told them Tuesday cause I noticed I had only bruised one day and that was day I was released previous Thursday. How do I know this? The injections that day left HUGE bruises on my stomach but never again after that. That was ignored as well. So they tell me today to continue injections I had told them Tuesday I ran out of Monday and had no prescription for. Get told they will call me back. I call and left 4 messages today what to do, never a call back or response to my messages.

I'm going back to the hospital tomorrow to talk to the doctors there who set it up, they are going to be mad as fuck I already know, it was crystal clear in paperwork, release documentation and to his calls to that office what needed to happen and that new office failed in every regard.

I wasn't sure what to do so I simply just took a extra Coumadin tonight at the same time as normal so a 10mg dose instead of 5. I mean what the fuck.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I wasn't sure what to do so I simply just took a extra Coumadin tonight at the same time as normal so a 10mg dose instead of 5. I mean what the fuck.
I think this is a good idea. What the fuck kind of general doc do you have, man? You have got to get someone who gives a rats ass if you live or die.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Unfortunately, Coumadin takes a while before the therapeutic effect can be reached, that is why they put you on heparin for the first few days while taking it.

Hopefully you are retaining some kind of paper trail as this could be considered a lawsuit for negligence.

Oldbased

> Than U
You are going to an actual hospital and not some cardboard box city down on the corner right?
The hospital was initial care which was proper. I am now going to cardboard box city due to no insurance and now having been out of work 3 weeks having exhausted much of my funds. That doesn't give them the right however to be completely fucked up with the level of care and responses.
Keep in mind I take care of a woman in bad shape with degenerative MS who has been fighting disability over a year now. She hasn't had income in 3 years. Now I don't haven't had any either so this trashy community health center was my only real option as what little money I had left I was paying a cardiologist and soon to be pulmonary doctors 285 a visit for.

They never did call, I left tons of messages, afterhours however got transferred to a RN on call in another city who said to keep taking 10mg Coumadin a day till labwork Monday then continue till Wednesday until lab results read for next adjustment.
That seems..... high compared to my mom and dad.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I hate to be that guy, but you have a will and advanced directives right? Because it really seems like that community health center is endangering the fuck out of your life.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The hospital was initial care which was proper. I am now going to cardboard box city due to no insurance and now having been out of work 3 weeks having exhausted much of my funds. That doesn't give them the right however to be completely fucked up with the level of care and responses.
Keep in mind I take care of a woman in bad shape with degenerative MS who has been fighting disability over a year now. She hasn't had income in 3 years. Now I don't haven't had any either so this trashy community health center was my only real option as what little money I had left I was paying a cardiologist and soon to be pulmonary doctors 285 a visit for.

They never did call, I left tons of messages, afterhours however got transferred to a RN on call in another city who said to keep taking 10mg Coumadin a day till labwork Monday then continue till Wednesday until lab results read for next adjustment.
That seems..... high compared to my mom and dad.
You've been paying taxes and working your entire life. Take the fucking Medicaid/Medicare. That's what it's goddamn for. Go to a hospital, tell them you have no insurance and no money and you'll immediately get enrolled. Swallow your fucking pride and do it.

Or are you ashamed because you know this is self inflicted from being a 3 pack a day smoker? Just take the government aid man. You aren't a deadbeat for doing it.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I think Medicaid (I THINK) will actually retroactively cover expenses. How is your swelling and such? Was it the actual hospital that recommended to take the Lasix as needed (I've personally never seen this type of Rx for Lasix)?

How come your girlfriend is not on Medicaid, either? Wtf? o.o

Gravy

Bronze Squire
You've been paying taxes and working your entire life. Take the fucking Medicaid/Medicare.
This. I hate to be so blunt, but take your pride and shove it up your ass, because that's about how much good it's doing you. There are social programs available and you should be using them. My wife is a social services coordinator for Missouri, but she may have some information available to her for Kentucky. With your permission, I'll ask her about it.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I think Medicaid (I THINK) will actually retroactively cover expenses. How is your swelling and such? Was it the actual hospital that recommended to take the Lasix as needed (I've personally never seen this type of Rx for Lasix)?

How come your girlfriend is not on Medicaid, either? Wtf? o.o
It should be retroactive from the day he filed. When I filed for my Medicaid years ago I got back pay and coverage from the day that I applied and it took a few months for my application to go through.

Oldbased

> Than U
It should be retroactive from the day he filed. When I filed for my Medicaid years ago I got back pay and coverage from the day that I applied and it took a few months for my application to go through.
Ya the insurance agent I talked to this week said the same thing. The thing is , I would have to remain out of work and without income to make use of it. I cannot do that. I have to go back to work next week or we start losing utilities and soon after be evicted. I had a small nest egg saved up but this has been ongoing since first of April and has eaten away at what I did have saved up. He told me even the appointments I made in April I paid out of pocket for would be reimbursed. Being self employed however I don't think I would get anything but medical back. Typically I need roughly $1700 a month before food to cover basic bills which is rent, utilities, insurances for both vehicles, work and so forth. $2400 minimal after everything and as of right now I won't cover everything May.

Shelly does have medicaid, it is the only reason we finally found out she had MS. I was having issues covering everything and sending her to doctors here and there as I could until she got on it then suddenly it was MRI's cat scans, blood work, xrays and tests galore for free.

Despite having a lawyer, and medical papers saying she is disabled she just got denied again for the 3rd time for disability. Now it is another 6 month process roughly to get appeal in, a hearing and judgement again.

Also hospital did this as well which they have not contacted me yet but I noticed through the online billing:
Patient UNINSURED DISCOUNT PLAN Total
Original Balance $4,297.83 $24,354.42 $28,652.25
Room Charges $5,817.00
Ancillary Charges $22,835.25
Payments $0.00 $0.00 $0.00
Discounts $0.00 ($24,354.42) ($24,354.42)
Balance Due $4,297.83 $0.00 $4,297.83

They will take as little as $25 a month and the RN gave me some paperwork to knock that down even more.

Basically unless the nodules turn into being cancer I am better off working if I am able, otherwise I'll be getting my medicaid treatment from a cardboard box.
The community healthcare was supposed to be my savior in this. All they had to do is basic lab work and keep me straight on the thinners so I could get back on my feet and go kick some more.
Boy they may have really fucked that up though.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Ya the insurance agent I talked to this week said the same thing. The thing is , I would have to remain out of work and without income to make use of it. I cannot do that. I have to go back to work next week or we start losing utilities and soon after be evicted. I had a small nest egg saved up but this has been ongoing since first of April and has eaten away at what I did have saved up. He told me even the appointments I made in April I paid out of pocket for would be reimbursed. Being self employed however I don't think I would get anything but medical back. Typically I need roughly $1700 a month before food to cover basic bills which is rent, utilities, insurances for both vehicles, work and so forth. $2400 minimal after everything and as of right now I won't cover everything May.

Shelly does have medicaid, it is the only reason we finally found out she had MS. I was having issues covering everything and sending her to doctors here and there as I could until she got on it then suddenly it was MRI's cat scans, blood work, xrays and tests galore for free.

Despite having a lawyer, and medical papers saying she is disabled she just got denied again for the 3rd time for disability. Now it is another 6 month process roughly to get appeal in, a hearing and judgement again.

Also hospital did this as well which they have not contacted me yet but I noticed through the online billing:
Patient UNINSURED DISCOUNT PLAN Total
Original Balance $4,297.83 $24,354.42 $28,652.25
Room Charges $5,817.00
Ancillary Charges $22,835.25
Payments $0.00 $0.00 $0.00
Discounts $0.00 ($24,354.42) ($24,354.42)
Balance Due $4,297.83 $0.00 $4,297.83

They will take as little as $25 a month and the RN gave me some paperwork to knock that down even more.

Basically unless the nodules turn into being cancer I am better off working if I am able, otherwise I'll be getting my medicaid treatment from a cardboard box.
The community healthcare was supposed to be my savior in this. All they had to do is basic lab work and keep me straight on the thinners so I could get back on my feet and go kick some more.
Boy they may have really fucked that up though.
I work for the ASO for the state of Connecticut's Medicaid program. Most people don't realize this but we actually help people pay ALL of those things while people are on Medicaid. Utilities, housing expenses, everything. We even provide cell phones to people. You NEED to enroll and call your state's ASO. The programs might differ very slightly from state to state but Medicaid is a federal program. You are literally killing yourself when you are EXACTLY the person these programs are meant for. Good people who contribute to society who have fallen on bad times. Do it today.

Oldbased

> Than U
I work for the ASO for the state of Connecticut's Medicaid program. Most people don't realize this but we actually help people pay ALL of those things while people are on Medicaid. Utilities, housing expenses, everything. We even provide cell phones to people. You NEED to enroll and call your state's ASO. The programs might differ very slightly from state to state but Medicaid is a federal program. You are literally killing yourself when you are EXACTLY the person these programs are meant for. Good people who contribute to society who have fallen on bad times. Do it today.
It may have changed but since Shelly and I are not married even though we have been together 20 years she tried telling them a few years ago when she got medicaid she is responsible for half the bills. Which really she is, but she hasn't paid any in 5 years, but they said at the time for Kentucky at least since she didn't have children in the home she didn't qualify. She did just find out she might be able to get some form of payment that would be deducted from the disability or something last month, but I haven't heard anything else about it this month.

I'll look into it thought thank you.
I started a Gofundme which I haven't opened yet, but it is more a fuck you to my family and "close" friends than a actual desire to raise money. I find it completely sad that more home owners I did work for have called/come by over the past 2 weeks than my own family. Outside of my dad, whom I employ part time and 1 visit from my mother the first day I was in the hospital, I still have a grandmother, 2 aunts, 3 nephews and their extended family who live in the same town even who have yet to call, come by or even send a fuck you card and none of what's left of Shelly's family either. These are the same people who call me any and every time something breaks, fry or leaks in their homes at 2am to get it fixed.

Xmas shopping around here just got a lot easier.

Meanwhile, I am not sure if I mentioned the Meijer thing last week where I went into the store thinking I was much better and basically nearly passed out about a week ago or more, but I had my headset break the other day and ordered a cheap one for store pickup at Walmart since I still had a gift card there. I did it since I thought store pickup would be at the entrance. I get there and it was in the back of the damn store. I managed to go back AND even detour to the food section and back out ok enough. I was winded and tired which before I could have done it a thousand times and not even bothered me, but at least I didn't feel like I was about to flop around in the floor like a fish.

My right leg especially continues to be darker color and I feel things sort of like spasms but not really spasms , I assume the DVT is that feeling and it is semi swollen all over. Not pooling fluids like before just generally slightly swelled.
I elevate it at night but still don't have any compression socks/stuff for it. Going to go sell some tools tomorrow and buy some I guess.
I try to elevate it at night but I always wake up with the pillows in the floor and usually on my face or side.
I had lab work Monday but being that community health center is so crappy didn't call today to tell me what the lab work showed. I'm guessing 10mg Coumadin is not working though as I had a cut today and it didn't bleed but like 1 drop. It is actually bleeding less than before this all began oddly enough.
They also claimed they had no records from the hospital even after 10 days of requesting them for the pain thing. I was told if I got them to them they would pass it onto the doctor immediately which I did Monday. Naturally nothing on that either.
My cardio doctor is tomorrow at 10:15, if they demand cash payment up front though I'll delay it, it not I'll see what he says.
My plan right now is to return to limited work Thursday and some of the neighbors have mini/easy jobs for me to do as well this weekend if I feel up to it.

I feel right now if I can get the clots under control, and with the better diets and such I been slowly getting myself used to going, that I should hopefully keep improving. I feel 60% of what I did in March, and I didn't really feel all that good then but it is better than I have felt since late April right now.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
OleBass, I'm glad you checked in with an update, I was worrying.

That whole family situation you have going on just sucks ass. I've been fortunate that my family and friends have always been there for me. I wish it was the same for you.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Olebass, you really need to get out of that shitty state and to a real hospital. At this rate, you will probably clot and maybe even infarct numerous things.