Health Problems

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I was wondering the same.

Oh yeah, I had an EKG, and the ER staff was cool. I think since I have a history of heart failure/poor rhythms, they just ran blood work, found out my potassium was low, gave me a big dose and sent me home. I talked with my electrical heart doc today and he thought it was definitely the potassium. Sometimes I think they just say what you want/need to hear, but in this case I believe they were correct. I've taken a couple large doses of potassium and feel much better today.
My mom had super low potassium and she was taken to the hospital via ambulance since she tought she was having a heart attack. I was there, it was pretty bad.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So apparently I do have moderate sleep apnea, but when I tried wearing a cpap it almost gave me an anxiety attack.

So if I stop posting it's because I suffocated in my sleep, because I'm damn sure not trying to wear one of those masks again.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
CPAP wasn't very easy for me to get used to, either. I did much better, and still do, with the full face mask, and not just the nose-piece.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Potassium and calcium are very serious when it comes to your heart. People may overlook the importance of electrolytes -- but to the medical folk, they are some of the most important things to keep an eye on.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
So apparently I do have moderate sleep apnea, but when I tried wearing a cpap it almost gave me an anxiety attack.

So if I stop posting it's because I suffocated in my sleep, because I'm damn sure not trying to wear one of those masks again.
I had the same problem. My dentist made me one of theseAnti-Snoring Device - TAP 3 - Dentist-Prescribed For Problem Snoring

You'll drool all over your pillow and I wouldn't recommend it for picking up chicks, but it works and is no less comfortable than wearing a retainer.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I've got to do something about my apnea. I have a CPAP that I just cannot sleep through the night while wearing. Might try one of those dental fittings. I've ignored it far too long, I never sleep and it affects my mood and stress a lot.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I've got to do something about my apnea. I have a CPAP that I just cannot sleep through the night while wearing. Might try one of those dental fittings. I've ignored it far too long, I never sleep and it affects my mood and stress a lot.
Yes, there's nothing worse than not sleeping well. Over time it just fucking erodes your ability to do anything. It definitely helped me a lot, but when I lost 15lbs and quit drinking at night most of my apnea/snoring went away so I don't wear it regularly anymore. Worked well though but it wasn't cheap.. Something like $700 if I remember right.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yes, there's nothing worse than not sleeping well. Over time it just fucking erodes your ability to do anything. It definitely helped me a lot, but when I lost 15lbs and quit drinking at night most of my apnea/snoring went away so I don't wear it regularly anymore. Worked well though but it wasn't cheap.. Something like $700 if I remember right.
Yeah I'd really rather just lose 80 pounds than deal with any kind of cpap or dental fitting.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yeah I'd really rather just lose 80 pounds than deal with any kind of cpap or dental fitting.
I've lost 70 lbs since my apnea problems started. I am a very normal weight now but the problem persists. It's better than it used to be but better ain't good enough because I still don't sleep. I have dreams about twice a month. It's been that way for about 4 years since losing the weight.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
When I still weighed 200 pounds, all I needed was a trazodone before bed and I slept just fine.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I've lost 70 lbs since my apnea problems started. I am a very normal weight now but the problem persists. It's better than it used to be but better ain't good enough because I still don't sleep. I have dreams about twice a month. It's been that way for about 4 years since losing the weight.
Well, at a minimum you must feel a lot better now.. I was only 15lbs overweight and it brought on a slew of health problems-- tiredness, poor sleep quality, lower back pain, high cholesterol, and pre-diabetes. Everybody's different but I simply couldn't imagine how I'd feel if I was say 50lbs overweight. I would event rant at my doctor as to how I could have all these fucked up problems from being 15lbs overweight when I see beached whales navigating the aisles at Walmart just fine.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
You need that sleep, man. And the apnea really fucks with your heart, too.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I had a thyroid biopsy. It was clean, just a colloid cyst.

My white count is still low (last one was 2.3) but it will come up just need to avoid people with nasty viruses.

My uric acid is now in normal ranges.

Cancer scan was clean at the 6 month mark so no more scans unless I get symptoms.

Now I sit back and avoid the doctor at all costs because it's only bad news if I go in!!

Jx3

Riddle me this...
Glad you're ok a_skeleton_03. Stay healthy bro. Also, another one hoping Olebass checks in.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
17 days Olebass, if you're trolling your doing a good job.

Anyone know his RL name and care to do a search or two?

EDIT:

The Pollock posted in the Chinese are trying to steal my account but not here.