Health Problems

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Not to be a shitter, but I don't believe that for a second unless your roofing fisher price houses. Strongman competitions don't even throw that heavy of loads.

Oldbased

> Than U
Not to be a shitter, but I don't believe that for a second unless your roofing fisher price houses. Strongman competitions don't even throw that heavy of loads.
Horseshit. I did it for 20 years. Stopped almost a decade ago but I did it one last time in 2011. You have them deliver it as close to the house as possible. You stand on the pallet of shingles and grab it on both ends, flip to waist, up over head, squat and throw on up. Back when my brother was alive and we did nothing but roofing we would do bets on how quick we could get shingles on 2 story buildings by ladder and carry them over shoulder 2 bundles at a time. Hell the only picture on this site of me someplace is me standing on a roof decking it.

Oldbased

> Than U
You are literally worse than Hitler.
Why? Because I actually worked for a living?

Oh God why do such a thing. God invented rope for a reason.
Didn't do much roofing in the 2007-2010 TN years but that guy had a ladder lift. It was old, rusted and barely worked and took 2 people to operate. If I wasn't already feeling old I would have preferred it the old way. The nice thing about it was it took them straight up to the peak. Getting the shingles on a roof was never an issue even steep one with walk boards to throw them on. Packing them up slope always sucked the most.

Oldbased

> Than U
Have you ever had to work on a roof that's all fucked up from a bunch of yokels slamming down 100 pound bundles of shingles?
Yes but the landing area for most of them would be a few feet up slope which is about on the outer support wall. Now the idiots we would hire who would trample to the peak and just drop the damn things down a few feet from the top are the ones who caused us to be repairing decking, drywall on the rare mishap and paying for picture frames.

Edit, found my 2007 picture This was towards the end of my roofing days and just 2 months after brother died. 4 years before my first clot/suspect thrombosis and 8 years before my embolisms. I was already feeling old in this picture though. Construction takes a toll on the body.

me.png

And one where I don't look like I'll butcher someone.

fupuss.png

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yes but the landing area for most of them would be a few feet up slope which is about on the outer support wall. Now the idiots we would hire who would trample to the peak and just drop the damn things down a few feet from the top are the ones who caused us to be repairing decking, drywall on the rare mishap and paying for picture frames.

Ok we're cool then.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Horseshit. I did it for 20 years. Stopped almost a decade ago but I did it one last time in 2011. You have them deliver it as close to the house as possible. You stand on the pallet of shingles and grab it on both ends, flip to waist, up over head, squat and throw on up. Back when my brother was alive and we did nothing but roofing we would do bets on how quick we could get shingles on 2 story buildings by ladder and carry them over shoulder 2 bundles at a time. Hell the only picture on this site of me someplace is me standing on a roof decking it.

OK Hulk.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

Construction workers do lots of dumbass things with/to their bodies. I once carried almost 6 squares of 060 up a ladder myself just to avoid having one more seam to do on the roof. Not only was it a stupid risk to take, but it was a prevailing wage job so we should have been taking our time anyway!

iannis

Musty Nester
Why. Whyyyyyyyyyyyy

You wanna really freak people out? Cheerwine. That stuff goes straight through me and it looks like blood.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
So god is punishing me for shitposting, by making me bleed out of my ass. Now waiting in the ER, this time is another hemorroid.
It flared up after a nice weekend of vomiting and diarrhea thanks to my baby girl petri dish.
I went to take a pop, farted instead and blood started dripping out.

Let's form the inflamed assholes band, I think we have enough members.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
And another ass surgery completed, this one had two people squeezing my ass. It reminded me of an episode of doctor pimple pooper.

Now for the post op.

Oh god its going to hurt.

Oldbased

> Than U
I definitely have some ass issues ( other than posting in this forum ) but I've only seen blood twice in the past 5 years and it wasn't much and I really should eventually get a colon test done but for example last month+this month:
3 GP visits
Lab bloodwork x2 for INR Chem 12s
Cardio doctor x2
Xrays x3
MRI X1
Derm x2
Physical Therapy x4 visits

15 appointments in a 60 day period. It gets very tiresome.
Everything was pushed to 10 this month due to the law signed yesterday in Kentucky moving pain medicine to 3 day supply only for acute pain. I was already listed as chronic pain but between this law and Trumps pain medicine plan the prescribing doctor has backed up the prescription via x-rays, doing PT visits and finally a MRI to cover his ass. He isn't big on just writing insane pain scripts so many doctors do. I could have easily found a doctor that would do it but having been on them years, I prefer it was legit and legally done anyways. What's interesting is I went 16 days without a single pill ( I plan on starting back tomorrow )and on the 3rd night I had a sweating moment that lasted about 20 minutes, no other withdrawals. Goes to show if you take them as prescribed the chances of having fucked up symptoms is greatly reduced even after years of taking them. I've seen people in carpentry eat them by the handfuls, which I never did.

Aside from pain law bullshit which I both disagree with and agree with but doesn't matter now that HB 333 is signed into law in KY, Kentucky HB333 | 2017 | Regular Session I am getting stronger. I push mowed last week and it nearly killed me, this weekend I did it again then our elderly neighbors yard and then planted shit, did a complete clean on the grill( it's a big ass grill ) bleached the 10x10 gazebo canvas, cut back some trees and some household things and never felt bad, just a bit sore. Shel had a damn fit saying never to do that much again but I never felt endangered other than at night my heart felt weak. It's hard to describe what that means as I never experienced it prior to 2 years ago. It feels like it is missing, like not only can you not feel it beating, the body feels like you are floating away. It causes some weird anxiety too. Last year nearly killed me doing all that remote work from home and just wandering around an office in pain for 12 months. When I do return to work, screw that noise, I will go back to painting, trim and drywall repairs or something easy for me but at least somewhat physical.

I'm mostly amazed I went from 200 on blood sugars back down to 100 in just 3 months and the only action I've done is eat more. It is even more fucked up that I eat 3x what I used to and am losing weight. About 10 lbs a month. Another few months and I'll be back to my 1990s weight which would greatly concern me. Turns out skipping breakfast/lunch for like 40 years was a bad idea. I am not hungry still when I wake up or for lunch for that matter but I eat a few nutri grain bars and for lunch several oranges or bananas and it seems to satisfy the diabetic stuff well enough. I find it hard to find enough carbs they wanted which was like 50(Breakfast) 15(Snack) 50(Lunch) 15(Snack) 50(Dinner) 15(Snack). I used to have 0 0 0 0 1000000000 0. I am not doing well on the snack every 2 hours in between thing, but I am mostly hitting the big three. I have to force myself to eat breakfast and lunch still. No desire to eat in those times whatsoever.

My Urea/Creatinine continue to be low on blood tests with 5/.5 levels. They look at it oddly but never say anything about it so I assume it's nothing to worry about.

Overall I am hopeful. Much of last year was day to day. This year is Olebass strikes back and I'm making headway. Could still just drop dead tomorrow but I have a healthy 44 year old body other than a few angry organs.
Also this was the first time in a while that my vitals looked all good BP 121/81 Oxygen Sat 97% HR 66 Temp 97 which stays that for whatever reason. I do notice anytime I do something very physical my oxygen sat still drops to low 90s for hours after and I still need to cut my fluids down even more but one damn thing at a time.

Anyways there is my monthly self doxxing.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Those are great vitals but the blood pressure almost looks fake. I know several medical assistants who don't know how to take a manual BP, so they always say "120/80" which is still considered pre-hypertensive. If it ain't an automatic sphygmomanometer, then I am not going to buy it unless I can actually see they know what they're doing. Normal O2 saturation is >94. It's fine if it dips to 92. When you start getting into the 80s, then we start looking at comorbidities.

Good job on keeping your BUN/Creatinine levels good, as well as your blood sugar.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
Those are great vitals but the blood pressure almost looks fake. I know several medical assistants who don't know how to take a manual BP, so they always say "120/80" which is still considered pre-hypertensive. If it ain't an automatic sphygmomanometer, then I am not going to buy it unless I can actually see they know what they're doing. Normal O2 saturation is >94. It's fine if it dips to 92. When you start getting into the 80s, then we start looking at comorbidities.

Good job on keeping your BUN/Creatinine levels good, as well as your blood sugar.
It was tied to a machine that also read the Oxygen Sat, Temp, Pulse. It had it on a display, a white box like thing about 6 inches wide 12 inches tall. 121/81 is actually highish for me as after I had the embolisms for about 6 months my BP was always 105-115/68-75. Last 6 months though it was up 130-150s/90-100s. I think last month it was 127/86 or something so it's been going back downward. I assume it has something to do with my blood sugars going back closer to normal so my tubes aren't pumping sugar sludge through my body creating resistance but I am not sure 100% how all that crap works, but normal range is good.

Ya, I've hit 89 recently briefly when I got winded on the blood sat. I'll never forget the morning I went to the hospital in may 2015 though. I would get exhausted for walking a minute for days then the day I woke up felt like I was dead and put it on my finger and it read 95 but when I lifted my arm I started gasping for air and it fell to like 80 and it took me over an hour to get dressed and about as long to walk to the car. 2 hours later and a MRI with skin burning injections they were calling family saying I wouldn't probably make it through the night and I had at least 13 clot fragments throughout both lungs. Other than being a shitty bed, small tv and those damn pump things on my legs for a week straight it wasn't all that bad in there.

Edit- I've been asked before why I took an hour and a half to get clothes on and to the hospital. Keep in mind up until this point I hadn't been in a hospital for anything other than cracked ribs since I was 6. I had no idea how serious this was and when your brain isn't getting much oxygen you don't think all that clear.

Also it was 100% painless. I was breathing just fine, I just wasn't getting oxygen in my blood.