Health Problems

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
6 month follow up with my brain surgeon today. Said everything was looking good and to just check back in 6 months after I've had a new MRI.

I can fly in planes no problem, Also when he did the surgery they cut a piece of my skull out and put it back with metal clips and small screws.

Finally , after all these years, My head's screwed on correctly!

• 14Like
  • 5Solidarity
Reactions: 18 users

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
Oh he's already taken those pictures. You degenerates will never see them. See what happens to boobs when you have five kids. It's not pretty.
1386f0a975b6298bd9cc6601ed5e0745.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 2 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
6 month follow up with my brain surgeon today. Said everything was looking good and to just check back in 6 months after I've had a new MRI.

I can fly in planes no problem, Also when he did the surgery they cut a piece of my skull out and put it back with metal clips and small screws.

Finally , after all these years, My head's screwed on correctly!

Dude, I'm so happy for you! Celebrate!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Sounds better than when the nuse practicioner says "MRI didn't see anything".

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So… like dating at any age?
Im not saying they dont exist, but I sure as hell didnt run into when I was in my 20's. Probably cause I had never dated anyone with a kid until here recently. Breastfeeding must ruin them something awful.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Im not saying they dont exist, but I sure as hell didnt run into when I was in my 20's. Probably cause I had never dated anyone with a kid until here recently. Breastfeeding must ruin them something awful.

Time ruins them. Plenty of women with no kids with saggy tits. Connective tissues + gravity + time = sadness.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
excruciating back pain that i managed to aggravate while trying to make the wait until quick care opened in the morning, prompting a just past midnight trip to the ER to lie there for hours getting not only no relief, but being not allowed any water at all (I was even denied a swish and spit) by the nurse. 2-3 hours of that and the sensation in my mouth was...still not even remotely comparable to my back pain but it was a pretty awful little bit of extra suffering because between the side effects of the medicine cabinet I'm currently taking and the constant sweating, my mouth was practically inside out by the time I finally got water approval. The longest wait of the night was waiting to hear back from Radiology about the results of the cat scan that the results of one of my blood tests prompted because of the possibility of a clot that I assume would require immediate surgery (hence the Nurse being such a hardass about water) but nope, just non-specific musculoskeletal pain. Oh and right at the end the doctor dropped this little mention about a mild pleural infection probably being responsible for some of the symptoms.

Of course now that the back pain is moderately resolved the remaining symptoms match pleurisy perfectly and if this shit is mild I'd hate to know what a severe pleural infection feels like. My primary didn't have an opening for a follow-up until almost two weeks later but I'd wait for her even if it was a month because of how many various issues I've had with the staff at this hospital and not just NPs but Surgeons and Docs too.

that was probably a bit gibberishy but i'm still a bit chemmed up.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Gavinmad Gavinmad have you considered pain management? It's not a fix (sadly I don't think this shit can be fixed) but it helps. I tell my family all the time they aren't really pain killers, they just make you not care as much that every FUCKING BREATH HURTS.

It's fucking cold here in the Vegas area and that's not helping me at all.

KDow

Blackwing Lair Raider
Gavinmad Gavinmad have you considered pain management? It's not a fix (sadly I don't think this shit can be fixed) but it helps. I tell my family all the time they aren't really pain killers, they just make you not care as much that every FUCKING BREATH HURTS.

As part of the 3 months of perpetual sickness which included a chest infection post surgery. I was put on a course of steroids and it was fucking awesome.

Back pain was better, energy was better. I was never so sad as when I had to taper off of it.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
As part of the 3 months of perpetual sickness which included a chest infection post surgery. I was put on a course of steroids and it was fucking awesome.

Back pain was better, energy was better. I was never so sad as when I had to taper off of it.
Have you considered just getting your T levels checked?... Im no Doctor, but if your Testosterone was where it was supposed to be, I dont feel like you would have felt that much better.

KDow

Blackwing Lair Raider
Have you considered just getting your T levels checked?... Im no Doctor, but if your Testosterone was where it was supposed to be, I dont feel like you would have felt that much better.
I haven't had my levels checked in like 4 years (last time was when we were trying to conceive our second kid).

I hadn't considered it but I see my primary in just over a month so I'll ask.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I was put on a course of steroids and it was fucking awesome.

Steroids are fucking awesome. About a decade ago I had a weird inner ear inflammation that was in danger of pinching off my cochlear nerve and leaving me deaf in that ear. Doc put me on a heavy course of prednisone and it was AMAZING. Every ache and pain I'd accumulated over my life just disappeared overnight and I felt like a god. Wife said it changed my personality for the worse, though.

I was never so sad as when I had to taper off of it.

My doc didn't give me a taper off dosage and just had me go cold turkey after two weeks. Withdrawal SUCKED and I was pretty much incapacitated for 48 hours with blinding headaches and light sensitivity. What an asshole.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

My rambling warblegarble didnt make it very clear but the time frame for all the shit thats happened to me is like 10 days. And for a bonus kick in the dick the initial back pain in this whole awful episode happened the day after a gym visit.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
My rambling warblegarble didnt make it very clear but the time frame for all the shit thats happened to me is like 10 days. And for a bonus kick in the dick the initial back pain in this whole awful episode happened the day after a gym visit.
ahh ok so you probably pulled something. Pain management is for losers like me who have tried all the other things and are just too broken to fix. Looks like they would give you something mild to help ride it out at least. Hope you wake up in the morning and it's all gone!