Hearthstone

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I don't think the 30 unique card decks will last. You can definitely afford to have some duplicate cards when you're going to cycle through your whole deck with a class like Warlock.

That said, I don't think the card is really necessary. The only place I really see it fitting is in Freeze Mage.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Faced a druid yesterday with it, it probably would have worked against some decks, didn't work against my control warrior but it may have worked with better mill options. In the end I only outdrew him by 2 cards but I had a bunch of armor and 2 minions left.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I don't think the 30 unique card decks will last. You can definitely afford to have some duplicate cards when you're going to cycle through your whole deck with a class like Warlock.

That said, I don't think the card is really necessary. The only place I really see it fitting is in Freeze Mage.
Im not so sure about that, 1st day results are promising and the decks will only get more optimized. Im using Savj list right now and am like 6-1 or something in first 7. I've destroyed freeze mage, mech mage, zoo.. lost to 1 mech mage cause I never drew into any of my spell removals, which is damn rare. Shoulda won that easily too.

Reno gives you an extra 20+ health and is a 4/6 body, he's insane.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
R-O-Fucking-L

I'm playing Kibler's Reno Mage and just had a rogue take me from 30->3 in a single turn, clearing my board with a 9 damage blade flurry. His salt must have been so high when I healed back to full with Reno the next turn and dropped a Duplicate on him to boot.

Will it be a tournament/ladder viable theme? I guess we'll see, but if it isn't now, it certainly will be in the future as more expansions come out to fill out more powerful one-off cards to add to the decklist.

Even though I'm not really impressed with this week's cards, you gotta admit the ladder is the most fun right after new cards come out and people are trying new things.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Reno could single handily destroy freeze mage. They already have a terrible match against warrior, now you got a 2nd hard counter. Most of the high profile streams atm are Reno decks.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Even though I'm not really impressed with this week's cards, you gotta admit the ladder is the most fun right after new cards come out and people are trying new things.
It's always like this when new cards are introduced and people try new things.

It's the most fun time to play.
smile.png

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
At rank 9 and just had an aggro druid coin juggler turn 1 when he didn't have a 2 drop or 3 drop and his turn 4 play was a keeper to the face. Excellent use of the coin there buddy.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Reno could single handily destroy freeze mage. They already have a terrible match against warrior, now you got a 2nd hard counter. Most of the high profile streams atm are Reno decks.
Eh, it's pretty easy to tell when you're playing against a Reno deck, so you just have to use your control warrior gameplan. Be as greedy as you can holding on to set up a huge thaurissan into antonidas combo and pray. Torch gives freeze mage a lot more reach. also prayer doesn't hurt.

and yeah you definitely dont need to run 30 different cards.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Freeze mage is disadvantaged in any case. If you wait out the game, your opponent is more likely to have Reno and everything else they need to stay alive.
My first iteration of Reno paladin had 2x Minibots and 28 unique other cards.... and when I needed to play Reno I never had either minibot drawn yet. 30 Unique is the way to go unless you're putting Reno in a draw deck like Patron/Freeze for that late game survival

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
lol just had a match where i healed for almost 100 with Reno and won 7 deep in fatigue. Tanked 3 hits from deathwing.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I think all my decks from now on will be Reno decks. 1 for each class. It's how I've always wanted to play this game. Being able to play with more cards is fun as hell. Warlock is still going strong but I want to try some other classes. Priest, Druid and Shaman are on my radar.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
haha yea, you caught me
biggrin.png

I made my initial review with lack of sleep and it's not like im a pro at the game, it was just my initial thoughts.
Reading people's thoughts here & elsewhere changed my opinion on a lot of cards.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
haha yea, you caught me
biggrin.png

I made my initial review with lack of sleep and it's not like im a pro at the game, it was just my initial thoughts.
Reading people's thoughts here & elsewhere changed my opinion on a lot of cards.
Hearthstone Champion

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I tried that Reno warlock deck. It's been pretty good so far, 7-1. Reno easily won me 3 games, possibly 4 although I think I would have won that one anyways. I had 2 guys concede the round after I played Reno.

Fun stuff to be sure, totally up my style of fun first
smile.png