Hearthstone

Alexzander

Golden Knight of the Realm
I've been stuck around rank 13 just trading wins and losses. Feels bad because I refuse to play secret paladin or combo druid so I'm just F'ed. My friend was in the same state as me and started playing combo druid and just like that he goes to rank 7.
If you're stuck around 13, you're probably not piloting the deck you're using optimally.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also, if you want to rank up you shouldn't "refuse" to play top decks based on some principled stance. Its not your fault this game is designed like it is, take advantage of what works.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Also, if you want to rank up you shouldn't "refuse" to play top decks based on some principled stance. Its not your fault this game is designed like it is, take advantage of what works.
yup. Depends what your goals are too. Do you want Rank 5? Do you want Legend?

I am not a great player, but I would consider myself "good". I can get Rank 5 rather easily with almost any deck. But I've never been Legend. Mainly because I still make dumb mistakes at times and also because I don't grind out the games. If I want Legend I'll probably have to play a mindless high win rate deck. Nothing wrong with that tbh. I just don't put in enough time to be able to make zero mistakes with the "harder" decks.

Similarly to me going for Legend, if you struggle to get rank 5 you shouldn't be adverse to playing a meta deck or cancer deck. You have to learn how decks work to be able to play around them. Then you, too, should be able to get at least Rank 5 with almost anything.

Edits: Replaced Challenger with Legend (got LoL on the brain)

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Combo Druid is good? I just came here to bitch about when you get a shitty daily that tanks your rank. I have a Druid/Hunter one right now. Just went 0-5 with Druid because Druid fucking sucks. Oil Rogue, Zoo/Reno Lock, and Control/Dragon Priest are the only decks that are worth a shit to me.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Im at 5 and probably not going higher this month. I did it with Zoo to 8 and then Reno to 5. I've seen every kind of deck climbing(even though pally was by far the most). I even just got raped by 2 face hunters in a row at 5. We've all been there but any deck can get you to around 5.

Also, some days you will just get some bad RnG. When I switched to Reno, I had a run of 4 straight midrange druids abuse me. Hell, one got me after a Reno just because I couldnt find answers fast enough and he just had a great hand.

There are usually 4-6 decks that are really good. Pick one.

Alexzander

Golden Knight of the Realm
Combo Druid is good? I just came here to bitch about when you get a shitty daily that tanks your rank. I have a Druid/Hunter one right now. Just went 0-5 with Druid because Druid fucking sucks. Oil Rogue, Zoo/Reno Lock, and Control/Dragon Priest are the only decks that are worth a shit to me.
Combo druid has been a pretty consistent part of the top end deck lists for a while.

Lusiphur

Peasant
I suspect I need to update my list for combo druid then as it took me a ton of games to get 2 wins with it yesterday.

ex-genj

Golden Squire
of all the improbable things that have happened to me while playing this game I would say this one is up there.

rrr_img_123454.jpg

double shade warrior apparently not a thing.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Just do unranked matches for those then?

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Finally giving this game a real shot. Had a $100 in gift cards with Best Buy so I got Blizz credit with them. I only bought Naxx to start, just going to work though it and see where my interest lies after beating Naxx.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well, Blackwing Lair and League of Explorers are unquestionably the next two best places to invest cash after Naxx, I'd certainly make sure I had all the adventure packs before I thought of buying packs.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Well, Blackwing Lair and League of Explorers are unquestionably the next two best places to invest cash after Naxx, I'd certainly make sure I had all the adventure packs before I thought of buying packs.
Yes sir, that is my plan. I figure if I burn out or stop enjoying this game I will just use the Blizz cash to pre-order the next WoW Expac.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Lol I just had a really close game in Arena as a Rogue vs. a Paladin. I had 4 fucking coins in my hand because my Tomb Pillagers/Unearthed Raptors didn't come until really late. I thought I was screwed so I just was going for his face. I had him where I could drop him to 1 life on my next turn and then finish him with my Dagger, but he dropped a Fel Reaver and combined with his Force Tank it gave him lethal for his next turn so I couldn't drop him to 1 unless I drew an answer. I drew one of my 3 Saps (my draft was odd and all agro so I drafted 3 saps in the hope of just running thru people). So I used 4 coins to burn 12 cards and then Sap'd his Fel Reaver to burn another 3 and I brought him to 1. He fatigue died on his next turn. Rofl. Idiots can never count.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think I played the funniest damn matchup of my life yesterday, fatigue mage vs anyfin combo. I polymorphed murk-eye and one of his warleaders, my coldlights screwed up his first anyfin and I milled his second anyfin. That dude had to be salty as fuck.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Shaman is pretty fun with this Brawl if you get a little lucky and pick a strategy and stick with it. I got Neptulon + Anyfin is Awesome + Bloodlust earlier. And then the game after that I got a bunch of totems and the +2 Attack totem guy and +2 health totem spell and created a crazy board state out of nowhere. Then I saved up a bunch of deathrattle tricks and abused Anubsith Sentinel + Sneed's Old Shredder with Ancestral Spirit and Reincarnate.