Hearthstone

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I thought I read that everything has 2 years in standard then its rotated out. So if LOE released in Nov 2015 will it rotate out Nov 2017? Or are they going by the game years? This year is Year of the Kraken next year is the start of year of whatever therefor equaling 2 years?

"When we release the first new Expansion each year, every set that wasn’t released in the same year or the year prior will cycle out and no longer be part of the Standard format."

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gator

Molten Core Raider
That sucks! I just bought LOE not to long ago. Thanks for the clarification though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah it is kinda lame actually, but should be refreshing for the meta. If anyone knows why it would work otherwise I'd like to see it, but that's off the official page announcing standard changes so its my understanding that all that shit will drop out of rotation at once.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Now I know my next legendary has to be the guy that destroys weapons and draws me cards. As if warrior needed to be more playable, they go ahead and come out with Fool's Bane. Moonglade gladly goes into a Yogg Deck. Nice to see some good cards coming out.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Fool's Bane is complete shit. I'd run tentacles before I ran that in control warrior.

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Don't think fool's bane is as good as some of you are making it out to be. I'll gladly take warrior taking a bunch of face damage clearing my board turn 5 rather than brawling. I will say its probably better than gorehowl in this meta though.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
So I might be taking the text too literally but I'm guessing Fools Bane actually isn't infinite, it still has durability, so max would be 4 attacks unless you "upgrade" it.

Still decent but not as godly as I first thought. It can deal 12 damage in 1 turn across 4 diff targets.

If it truly is "infinite" and the durability only drops once a turn then it's going to be insane.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Moonglade is seriously way better though so it should be a higher rarity. Spending six to get a six, which as slip said will nearly always be pretty good if not nusto, and getting some heal out of it on turn six or later when its nearly always going to be useful. Of course that's just in a vacuum, in practice it depends on building a druid deck and the meta you're playing in, but ostensibly a strong card vs. one that can be very meh for the cost.
I'm not sure I agree. You can obviously factor out the damage and healing component of both spells. Fireball does 6 damage for 4, Stormcrack and Shadowbolt do 4 damage for 3, so 5 damage is ~3.5 mana. Obviously, targetable healing for 6 is worth 2 manage(Holy Light).

So a random 5-cost minion for ~3.5 mana or a random 6-cost minion for 4 mana. I'd rather have a yeti than a random 5-cost and a pit fighter instead of a random 6-cost. These two spells really aren't that different in power level.

5 damage is almost always useful to kill something medium to large(hit + bump in a smaller creature). 6 health restored might lead to overheal.

• 1Like

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The way I meant it was, in arena yeah, the power level vs. rarity is borked. That's probably shouldn't be a "common" level arena card. Which is mostly a problem with rarity in arena, a problem that's been at issue since day one.

But for constructed in real time conditions I can see why the potential value is higher for Moonglade to give it the rarity tag. Just seems more consistent with the minion, more likely to be usable on curve almost every time, and coming a turn earlier is huge. In very specific situations Firelands is still going to be better in constructed as well, but when those situations don't come, or you draw it too late for it to get full value, then you've just clogged your list with a seven that's not fitting into your plans.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Any chance they announce a revamp to Arena tonight?
I think it's about time they do something.

• 1Like

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was that remotely on the coming imminently list? I've seen Brode agree there's some shit on the drawing board in terms of known arena issues they don't much like, but nothing solid like they are about to make changes.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Rarity meaning anything in an adventure, outside of arena, is just silly. We all know of tons of instances where cards of "lesser" rarity are much better.

Someone suggested that they continually give mage high quality commons so that there's a consistent, easy to play class for new players in arena. And in this case, when you have firelands portal, moonglade portal, and magespinner, I tend to agree.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I can't even recall the last time I played arena, don't think I see that changing till they make a pretty big change to the system either.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Not sure what would be so hard about just making a standard distribution of rarity picks. 1 legendary, 4 mythic, 8 rares or something seems like the easy solution. Or just straight nuking cards from showing up in arena would go a long way (looking at you Bolster).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users