Hearthstone

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I actually just hit rank 4 with this deck, I can't tell if my wins are a fluke or if the deck actually works. It's something I'd been theorizing on for a while

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
[
The Moonglades help a ton. Ideally you cast them after you've played Medivh and you get 2 6 drops, which is insane. They can also heal minions like Medivh, the Ancient of Wars, or Arcane Giants if you aren't worried about your health allowing them to trade better.

I'd say Fandral is a pretty good craft. He's played in every Druid deck, and he won't rotate out for another 18 months or so. He can make some pretty ridiculous combo turns. Even just getting a Raven Idol and Wrath off while he is out can be some pretty big swings

Love your variant. Moonglade is amazing with Medivh. Crushed a couple decks and then got crushed a couple times by my own Yogg. Damn shammy aggro is still the worst deck. If there is one thing Blizzard knows how to make, it's broken fucking aggro cards.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Dragon with 6 is rough, really look for 8 to not hate life.

I've found it's not too inconsistent with the Historians, I kind of just hold a Dragon.

It's worth considering there is a lot of stuff in the deck that's pretty good for Tempo and you have a lot of removal. It kind of just works out

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I was just thinking as I lost to turn 8 Call of the Wild in a game I was winning, that card is so fucked on Mana cost.

A vanilla 5/2 charge minion costs 6 mana on it's own. A 5/4 taunt is 4 mana. Raid Leader is a 3 mana 2/2 vs the 2/4. That's effectively 14 mana worth of minions on one card for 8 mana. I don't know what Blizzard was thinking. Animal Companion is okay because of the random factor, you take that away and it's just not okay

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't know what Blizzard was thinking.

I can say that about lots of cards those retards have released in Whispers and Karazhan.

Cult Apothecary - Did these morons really think this would be a viable replacement for healbot?
Fiery Bat - Nerf Leper Gnome then give hunters something even better
Call of the Wild - What is this I don't even
Stand against Darkness - Did they really think this would be a viable replacement for muster? If stand cost 3 mana, muster would STILL be more powerful.
Power Word: Tentacles - Did these morons really think this would be a viable replacement for chosen?
Flamewreathed Faceless - This would be a stupid fucking card even if they hadn't just double nerfed BGH
Thing from Below - Let's make sure shaman is op as fuck

Maelstrom Portal - Let's make sure shaman is op as fuck
Kindly Grandmother - Let's shift the game away from minions that deathrattle out a minion, then give a bunch back to hunter
Arcane Giant - Molten was too powerful even though you had to get dangerously low on health to get it for free, so let's make a giant that you can cast for free just by playing your deck normally!
Barnes - There haven't been enough cards that potentially win the game on turn 4 since shredder rotated out, so let's make a new one!
Nightbane Templar - I bet it will help paladins a lot to get a class card that's almost strictly worse than an already existing neutral!
The Curator - They obviously didn't think this one through. Dragon warrior really didn't need this bullshit.
Spirit Claws - Let's make sure shaman is op as fuck

I actually excuse them for the stupidity that is Yogg, they (along with everyone else) figured it would just be some zany gimmick card that wouldn't see serious play. Last night I lost to a Yogg when, right near the end, he inner raged and charged his yogg then mind controlled my taunt.

• 2Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
For the last several months have only played to clear my quests. I don't even know why I do that anymore. This game is as unfun as it has ever been right now. The vast majority of decks there is just nothing you can do, skill wise, to matter. The only real decision is the mulligan. I guess I keep hoping the next expansion is going to do something unique that makes the game fun again, but goddamn if they just keep making it less fun and less interactive. This design team is shit and Ben Brode is a fucking idiot.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I actually just hit rank 4 with this deck, I can't tell if my wins are a fluke or if the deck actually works. It's something I'd been theorizing on for a while

Oh shit, rocking the dragon rogue. I've got a golden 2/8 dragon who's attack doubles each turn and wanted to do a dragon rogue, hadn't even considered looking at it again since kharazim. Gonna steal this and plug him in it!

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd be tempted to ditch the peddler for a second book wyrm. Book wyrm is amazing. Hell as much as it pains me, maybe even faerie dragons in place of the hucksters.

*edit*

And I can't stress enough how goddamn fucking broken shaman is, no matter what variety it is.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
For the last several months have only played to clear my quests. I don't even know why I do that anymore. This game is as unfun as it has ever been right now. The vast majority of decks there is just nothing you can do, skill wise, to matter. The only real decision is the mulligan. I guess I keep hoping the next expansion is going to do something unique that makes the game fun again, but goddamn if they just keep making it less fun and less interactive. This design team is shit and Ben Brode is a fucking idiot.
I signed up and got into the Eternal beta yesterday.. the game is, so far, exactly what most MTG fans were hoping hearthstone would have been.
I highly suggest people sign up on their site in case more beta keys go out soon, or for the open beta that's coming up at some point. This is the game LSV, chapin, michael jacob, matt nass, etc.. have all been working on for the last few years.

• 1Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Whenever i lose to shaman i rage
I'd be tempted to ditch the peddler for a second book wyrm. Book wyrm is amazing. Hell as much as it pains me, maybe even faerie dragons in place of the hucksters.

*edit*

And I can't stress enough how goddamn fucking broken shaman is, no matter what variety it is.

I've just won like 10 games in a row from mid teens to rank 10. Beat a couple of aggro shaman, but it's super fucking annoying now when these midrange shaman run hex and i instantly get my Antonidas or Rag hexed as soon as they're thrown down.

It's just beyond unfair. Fucking mage can't run sheep because it's too slow, but shaman can run hex. Suck my dick.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Finally found a use for blood warriors. Fun deck.

pgqRMae.png

• 1Like

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was just thinking as I lost to turn 8 Call of the Wild in a game I was winning, that card is so fucked on Mana cost.

A vanilla 5/2 charge minion costs 6 mana on it's own. A 5/4 taunt is 4 mana. Raid Leader is a 3 mana 2/2 vs the 2/4. That's effectively 14 mana worth of minions on one card for 8 mana. I don't know what Blizzard was thinking. Animal Companion is okay because of the random factor, you take that away and it's just not okay

The shit has never made any sense. As you point out, Animal Companion is undercosted already but its ok because random and class card so its allowed to have some power. But even if you're combining the AC cost into three, the card should cost nine, which doesn't even still take into account the synergy from getting all three on board at once.

Honestly its still the biggest "what the fuck were they thinking" card of the year to me. Flamewreathed I can at least sort of imagine someone thinking that the overload balanced it out. CotW is simply broken and it seems like it should have been obvious.

The only forgivable thing about it was that it brought hunter back to life and its at least not as cheesy as the classic old face hunters were, mad sci was pretty bullshit itself. But as Gav said they got some other little bullshit tools in the early game now too, its a bit overkill.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
It's so hard to beat a Hunter if they curve out and then turn 8 and 9 Call of the Wild, especially with all the deathrattle stuff and huge tempo from shit like freezing trap.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Rank 5 in Wild and Rank 4 in Standard atm. I'm mildly tempted to try to get legend in both this season just for kicks. We'll see, I'm having fun playing non standard decks

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Rank 5 in Wild and Rank 4 in Standard atm. I'm mildly tempted to try to get legend in both this season just for kicks. We'll see, I'm having fun playing non standard decks

Wait are you playing standard decks or not?

Screenshot_116.png

• 1Like